Makati Restaurants

assorted steak cuts

Best Rated Restaurants in Makati

Dads, Kamayan, Saisaki (Triple V): The ULTIMATE BUFFET

by nixca316 Updated Jan 25, 2007

Look at the a la carte standee

This is not just about one restaurant, it's a trinitarian resto...three different restos, but ONE. =)

They do serve a la carte, but my golly! They have very affordable buffets...

THE FILIPINO BUFFET (KAMAYAN) 290 Pesos-more or less (5 dollars more or less)
    THE JAPANESE BUFFET (SAISAKI) 385 Pesos (7 dollars more or less)
    THE ULTIMATE BUFFET (DAD'S/KAMAYAN/SAISAKI) 400++Pesos (They're not kidding...it's really THE ULTIMATE BUFFET! Even with tax, it's still very reasonable)-more or less (with the ++ slightly more than 8 dollars!)

NO SERVICE CHARGE, but you do have to pay Value Added Tax (12%)
    All major credit cards are accepted

Average if you compare it with other buffets (there are a lot of EXPENSIVE buffets in Makati, yet there are places that offer all you can eat for below a hundred Pesos...---if I were you, I'll only take this offer (below a hundred) if it's snack time (fewer choices)...if it's during lunch or dinner you'll wonder what people cook or how they cook it if it's too cheap, right?)

Favorite Dish: Even if I can make my own sushi (which takes a lot of time because I'm so slow...and I have to sanitize my hands ten times before I even start...then I have to wear plastic gloves...etcetera, etcetera), I love their sushi! Yehey!

Their desserts are also to die for. I purposely didn't have much sugar intake this morning so that I can enjoy dessert.

There are so many, many choices. Dad's (Ecclectic/International), Kamayan (Filipino), Saisaki (Japanese)...How can I choose a favorite?

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Ma Maison Japanese Western Restaurant: Japanese resto with a twist =)

by nixca316 Updated Sep 26, 2012

If you're looking for authentic Japanese dishes, this is NOT the place to go.

But if you're looking for western food with Japanese ingredients(Fusion, in other words) plus good service, then you can try this restaurant chain that has branches in Japan, Singapore and here in the Philippines.

Ma Maison was brought to the Philippines by THE Jack Rodriguez under THE BISTRO GROUP.

CASUAL FINE DINING

2. Napolitan Pasta
    3. Camembert Fritters

• Beer Tasting

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Kitchen: Another Fusion Resto =)

by nixca316 Updated Oct 6, 2012

Swirl Around (Pumpkin Soup)

A few years ago, when the Ocampos (experts in fashion) put this place up at Greenbelt 1 (they are now at Greenbelt 3), there was much hype. They had good presentations/plating, but the food was blah...now, they have improved through the years.

This is the place when I met THE Jumping Norman in person and some other VT mates, like Norman, are like family now.

Some of us VT March girls celebrated our birthdays here and we had so much fun.

When RJ was alive, we have been here several times and enjoyed every minute.

Besides the food, RJ loved the grape juice because it was deliciously refreshing.

What about the service?

They are not greatest in service, but they are not terrible either.

Cash and major credit cards are accepted.

M, T, W, Th, Su: 10:00am - 10:00pm
    F, Sa: 10:00am - 12:00mn

Favorite Dish:

Huge Peak (a platter of seared tuna, buffalo wings, mesclun salad, cheese triangles)
    Swirl Around (pumpkin soup with cream on top and mixed seafood)
    Crowned King Pasta
    White Bay Pasta
    Sourbill (duck, adobo style)

Words cannot describe why I love the dishes I listed above. They are simply delicious and pleasing to the eyes.

People's Palace Restaurant: My Favorite Thai Restaurant

by nixca316 Updated Oct 20, 2013

My folks with the very amiable Krystal Padua

Peoples Palace won as Peoples Choice in 2010's Manila's Best Kept Restaurants. =)

We've tried almost all the restaurants in the Greenbelt area, but for some reason we missed this place.

Hmmm. That's not right. We did not miss it at all, but maybe, we just didn't feel like going in.

We were able to eat at that area before when it was still the Global Cafe, but when it "transformed" into People's Palace, we never have gotten the chance.

I'm very happy that we gave in to RJ's whim last October 5(2010) and we've been back several times already.

We are always greeted by Krystal Padua, the Assistant Manager, with a smile and are served with gusto by the dining crew.

Everything we tried from the appetizers, to the main dish, to the drinks, up to the desserts, was sheer delight.

Even now that RJ has joined our creator, this restaurant will remain as one of our favorites. Dad says that it's WORTH IT!

(major credit cards are accepted)

Business Hours
    M, T, W, Th, F: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
    M, T, W, Th, F: 11:00am - 2:00pm
    Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00midnight

People's Palace is owned by Colin Mackay, a Scottish Chef

Favorite Dish: What we tried so far:

Chicken Wrapped in Pandan Leaves

Crispy Fried Squid (Calamares)

Fish Patties

Son-in-law's eggs

Stir Fry Mussels

Kapi Fried Rice (we did not know this has shrimp paste, so we had to suffer the consequences later...but we had fun eating it because it is soooo delicious....thank God for antihistamines)

Panaeng Curry of Beef

Stir fried Chicken with Holy Basil

Chicken Salad (Larp Gai)

Thai Iced Tea

Crispy Banana Coconut Ice Cream and Toasted Coconut

Tod Mun Pla (Fish Cakes)

Spicy Squid Salad

People's Palace Chocolate Cake etc.

We love everything so far!

Bizu Patisserie: Ooh la la

by nixca316 Updated Jun 12, 2012

This is my favorite BIZU branch, the next is the one at Promenade and the third one is the one at the Alabang Town Center.

Why do I love this branch? Because of the service and the atmosphere. =)

All Bizu branches are kind to the elderly and the incapacitated.

Need I say more?

All major credit cards are accepted.

(keep your receipts...once you accumulate 5,000 Pesos, you'll be eligible for their discount card)

Favorite Dish: Everything!

(yup, except those that I'm allergic to)

They also cater to those who are on a South Beach diet =)

They have sugarless pastries and drinks too!

Via Mare Oyster Bar: The Better Oyster Place @ Greenbelt

by nixca316 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Via Mare contact details

RJ, my autistic savant brother, celebrated his chronological 33rd birthday on an Ash Wednesday. We were supposed to go to mass first, then eat (my one meal...everyone else was exempted), but RJ had his mind set on eating at Via Mare 1st. He really loves it there. Honestly, we wanted to eat at Pasha because they give a FULL 20% discount and not just a portion of the bill, but of course, the birthday boy should have his way.

He loves it there because he is king. He is treated well by all the service crew and he feels at home.

We've tried all the Oyster Bar/ Cafe Via Mare branches, well, except the one in Promenade, Greehhills, but the Greenbelt branch is our favorite.

It's slightly expensive than the others (but there are more expensive places around), but it's still the better Oyster place @ Greenbelt (there's a new one, but they have to train their staff better first).

Favorite Dish: We love the Filipino dishes and almost everything else =)

East Creative Asian Cafe: Indescribable Satisfaction

by nixca316 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tofu Burger

The atmosphere: so relaxing...the food: so inviting, mouthwatering, tasty...the staff: very friendly and helpful. They treat everyone with tender loving care.

There is real value for money.

Major credit cards are accepted.

Favorite Dish: Everything (except stuff that we're allergic to, but they're also great)

Some of them are:

The sushi/ sashimi
    The fresh juices
    The ramen (especially the vegetable ramen)
    The Tofu Burger (the sauce is great!)
    The Chicken Pandan (I'm allergic to chicken, but RJ isn't, and this is one of his faves)
    Cream Dory

Marciano's: New Age Italian-American

by nixca316 Updated Feb 6, 2013

Marciano's (named after Rocky Marciano) is owned by young matinee idol, Marvin Agustin (and partners), under his company: SumosamFoods, Inc. It is the brother company of SumoSam, Cafe Tentitas (I have a review about this place at my Cubao page/s), John & Yoko and Smairu.

At first glance, the place looks a little bit dark for a lunch crowd, but once you get it, you would feel the warmth of most of the service crew.

You would get to meet "Donnie Brasco and other famous (& infamous) peoplel" through their menu. Ahhhhh...and I found it amusing that their service crew were "named" after famous New Yorkers.

It was our first time there last September and our 2nd time today (November 5, 2008). There were some kinks, but we will be back for sure to try the other delectable dishes.

They have big servings and some of their meals are good for four (4)....palatable and pleasing to the eyes.

Their prices are reasonable and major credit cards are accepted.

Favorite Dish: What we've tried so far...

Serendipity Pasta
    Coppola Potato Jackets
    Bruschetta Sampler
    Geller Pizzettas
    Pan-seared Tuna Spaghetti (Serendipity)
    Minestrone Soup
    Lemon/Herb Roast Chicken embedded in mashed potato
    Calamari
    Potato Pockets with Artichoke and Spinach Cream
    Homemade open apple pie a la mode
    Bolognese Pasta
    Mozzarella Sticks

plus the juices/shakes

=)

Our First Visit (Click to view Online Photo Album)

Our Second Visit (Click to view Online Photo Album)

• Luxury Travel

Mann Yann: One of the most affordable good Chinese restos

by nixca316 Updated Oct 6, 2012

Salted Fish Fried Rice

This place is almost never empty. The servers are very nice and when RJ was alive, they treated him like a king.

People return because of the service and the very affordable yummy food.

If you are looking for a romantic setting to propose to your partner, this is isn't it. Yet, it is clean and if you would observe, without staring of course, the other customers are happy eaters.

This particular branch used to be in Glorietta 1, near the cinemas. They had a Delano Cafe that catered to the "fusion" crowd.

When they were about to transfer to this branch, they had separation anxiety, but I guess, it was just the fear of the unknown.

Their current location is great. It is facing LandMark, so foot traffic is good.

There are off days too, but let's not talk about that, because the good days overpower it.

Favorite Dish: Every dish is sheer delight, but what we normally order are:

1. The Salted Fish Fried Rice
    2. The Steamed Fish Fillet
    3. The Oyster Cake and I believe this is one of the best Oyster Cakes in town. They serve it with ketchup, but I believe that we don't need to add some. It's tasty on its own.
    4. The Vegetable Fried Noodles
    5. Their Kua Pao

• Seniors

Milky Way Cafe: From their central kitchen to our homes

by nixca316 Updated Mar 21, 2007

some of their delicacies on sale

MilkyWay has been existing since the 1950's (as an ice cream parlor), but their current setup was from the 1960's, but was modernized in the year 2002. They still have their original cooks and have kept the taste and made them available to grocery shoppers. They have a deli where they showcase different local meals and other delectable delights.

What I like about MilkyWay is that at least one of the owners stay or check on their guests from time to time. It gives the place a personal touch. No wonder that even if Greenbelt is just nearby, "she" still has a lot of LOYAL clients. I'm sure "she'll" have more once the condominiums are fully constructed and ready for occupancy.

They also have function rooms for parties and internationally trained chefs (besides the original cooks, that is).

Service is great!

(major credit cards are accepted)

Favorite Dish: Try everything from the Local delicacies (the owners are from Pampanga, and most of the Philippines' greatest chefs hail from their) to their international cuisine...they make good desserts and wow, their beverages are to die for!

They have great packaging so you can take home their "home cooked" meals. =)

Red Crab Seafood Club: Don't miss the Crab Sinigang sa gabi and kamias

by nixca316 Updated Oct 4, 2012

People have different opinions about the Red Crab group, but they are like family to me.

When my brother was alive, we frequented The Seafood Island, Red Crab Alimango House, Claw Daddy, New Orleans and when it didn't fold yet, our ultimate favorite was Fish out of Water.

My brother, an autistic savant, was treated well, and not like someone with a communicable disease. If my brother was ignored, I would never ever go back to that place again.

Some say it's better to order ala carte than try their buffet, but the times I dined there and tried their buffets, I enjoyed them.

When you're not satisfied with their selections or service, you just approach them quietly, and they would listen to you. They will try to improve their service and make it up to you...just don't abuse them, OK?

This branch is found at the second floor of Greenbelt 3 and is very easy to find because it's near the elevator and the escalators. :)

M, T, W, Th, F, Sa, Su: 11:00am - 11:00pm

All major credit cards are accepted.

Favorite Dish:

The crablets

The Crab Sinigang sa gabi at kamias

Of course, try their specialy: The BIG LARGE RED CRABS ;)

They do have buffets, but you can order ala carte

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GERRY'S GRILL: FILIPINO DISHES

by LoriPori Written Jan 23, 2012

Gerry's Grill

Our very favourite restaurant in Mikati turned out to be GERRY'S GRILL, We went there a few times during our stay. Located in the Greenbelt 3 area of Ayala Center, Gerry's Grill offers Filipino Dishes at great prices. Locals also seem to love this place. The waiters are always friendly and cheerful and there are many TV screens playing the latest music videos.
    Our favourite dishes include: Gerry's Grill Fried Chicken (228 pesos) - about five small pieces of fried chicken which also comes with french fries and a small bowl of sweet ketchup (pic #3); Sizzling Beef Spare Ribs (275 pesos) (pic #4); Lechon Kawali (225 pesos) - a nice piece of tender pork with the crusty rind on one side of it; Pork BBQ Sticks (125 pesos for two sticks) (Pic #5).
    For dessert we had Halo_Halo (95 pesos) which is like an ice cream sundae.

Max Brenner: Chocoholic Paradise

by nixca316 Updated Feb 1, 2010

Splenda based chocolate souffle

Max Brenner is a worldwide phenomenon, so when he invaded our country, I wanted "him" to conquer me. Hahahaha.

I remember my first time so well...I went there purposely lowering my blood sugar just to indulge...I didn't regret it! I love it.

I went to a similar place in Eastwood, but Max Brenner is the tops!

They moved from Greenbelt 3 to
    Ground Floor Strip, Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center
    Phone number: +63929 486-0234
    Opening Hours:
    Mon - Thurs - 12:00am - 12:00 (Midnight)
    Fri - Sat - 08:00am - 02:00am
    Sunday - 09:00am - 12:00 (Midnight)

In the Philippines, Max Brenner is owned by the group that manages Oliver's Gourmet Sandwiches, Haagen Dazs, Zhongnanhai (translated as "Central South River") Chinese Bistro, Thai Patio, and Madison Steak House.

Favorite Dish: the Climax, the MudMax, the Drink Me (Choco Toffee) Alice in Wonderland and the Banana Choco Fritter

We were able to sample their very succulent rib platter and their cream dory embedded on Angel Hair pomodoro pasta. There are so much more to try the next time we visit. The taste is just right and ultra memorable.

I'm so grateful because now they have this Splenda based chocolate souffle! Yummy!

For the romantics, you can buy assorted chocolates that can be placed in the boxes of your choice. =)

Try their drinks too!

*Service is great (Liezl served us)

*I don't particularly "adore" their restrooms, but they keep it clean.

*you can buy retail souvenir items, choco mixes etc. (cash basis)

*all major credit cards are accepted (for dine-in clients and for those who order take out/ to go)

*you can dine al fresco (without worrying about pollution =p because of the "lush greens")

Gilak by Hossein: Persian, Arabian and Indian Cuisine

by nixca316 Updated Oct 17, 2008

I just wanna say I love the service here...you have a choice whether to dine al fresco or eat inside...Hmmm, you can really feel the Middle Eastern Atmosphere. =)

I've always thought they are more expensive than others, but maybe it depends on what you order. Our bill this afternoon wasn't bad at all! =)

OK, OK... the prices are sort of...kind of steep for the average Filipino, but once in a while...

=)

Favorite Dish: They have a wide variety of "choices"

The kebabs! Yum!

BARRIO FIESTA: ORIGINAL RESTAURANT IN MAKATI

by LoriPori Updated Jan 30, 2012

Assorted Platter

Thursday January 12, 2012
    Our friends Chelli and Jun, treated Hans and I to a traditional lunch of Philippine dishes at the original BARRIO FIESTA in Makati.
    My first impression of the restaurant is that it had to be there forever. It was so cozy and filled with character. The wait staff was fun and friendly - the restaurant is well known for the "singing waiters". Hans actually joined them when they sang "La Bamba" - so funny!
    Anyway, Chelli and Jun did the ordering. One dish was called Crispy Pata - original Barrio Fiesta Recipe - pig's knuckles seasoned and deep fried.
    Other featured dishes include Kare-Kare which is a Philippine stew using a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, (or beef or tripe) complimented with a peanut sauce.
    They also offer Sizzling Sisig, Lechon Kawali, Mixed Adobo.

Instant Answers: Makati

Comments

Makati Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Makati restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Makati sightseeing.