Makati Restaurants

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

OOdy's THAI RICE NOODLES'N BAR: THAI FUSION DISHES

by LoriPori Updated Jan 24, 2012

OOdy

When Shirene, VT Member Appleseed, suggested we meet up with her for lunch, she suggested OOdy's Restaurant in the Greenbelt which offers Thai dishes. I've never tasted Thai dishes before, so didn't know what to expect.
    Along with Shirene, Hans and I, Fergy (planxty) and Claus (Cachaseiro) joined up with us. Hans had mentioned on Facebook that we would be there, so had no idea who would show up. The waiters were so patient with us, as we explained we were still waiting for others to join us.
    After we were all settled in, we gave our orders. Hans had Pad Thai and I had Chicken Pad Thai. I really enjoyed my dish as it had generous amounts of chicken and wonderful noodles and vermicelli. There was also a side of peanuts and bean sprouts which you add to your dish as you like. Fergy had Sukothai, a kind of soup.
    Overall, I enjoyed my first Thai experience. Also the restaurant itself was very bright and cheerful and the wait staff was very friendly.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

BARBARA'S IN INTRAMUROS: TRADITIONAL FILIPINO DISHES

by LoriPori Written Jan 29, 2012

Dinner Meeting at Barbara's

Thursday January 12, 2012
    Our official VT Dinner Meet was held at BARBARA'S in Intramuros. Barbara's offers traditional Filipino and Spanish recipes. We had the pleasure of experiencing a wonderful buffet and a cultural presentation for the price of 550 Philippine Pesos plus any drinks you may have.
    The Buffet offered soup, salad and dessert station, plus many delicious hot and cold dishes.
    Crystal Chandeliers Made for a lovely ambiance. Tables were quite close, so it was a little difficult to get around to talk to other VT Members and also it was open to the public.
    Barbara's is in the San Luis Complex in Intramuros.

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Bubba Gump: Shrimps Lover

by shintarojon Updated Jul 4, 2004

Favorite Dish: 1. Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi
    Charbroiled Cajun spiced Mahi Mahi with shrimp and bourbon. Sauce served over mashed potatoes

2. Shrimp Shack Pasta
    Tossed with Lemon Garlic Sauce and topped with grilled shrimp & a sprinkle of Feta Cheese

3. Shrimp New Orleans
    Lots of tender shrimp sautéed in butter, garlic and spices, and served with rice

4. Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp
    Large shrimp in coconut batter. Served with Cajun marmalade, coleslaw and French fries

5. Captain’s Fish & Chips
    Beer Battered Mahi Mahi served with coleslaw and French-fries

6. Mama’s Blue Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp
    Golden Fried Shrimp served with coleslaw and French-fries

7. BBQ Pork Sandwich
    Slow Roasted Pork, Grilled Onions, and Bubba’s very own, very special BBQ Sauce

8. Mama’s Southern Fried Chicken
    Beer Battered Fried Chicken with Bourbon Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

Dulcinea (Greenbelt 1 & Glorietta 4): Food that is close to the heart

by nixca316 Updated Aug 25, 2011

Dulcinea Greenbelt 1

Dulcinea, Glorietta
    2/Lvl. Glorietta 4, Ayala Center
    Makati City, Metro Manila
    Philippines
    (02) 752-7110

The smaller of the two Dulcinea branches in Makati is almost always filled. The service is great. Well, maybe with a few exceptions during hectic days, but before you even ask, they already know what you need.

RJ loves this place so much.

Even if we already had lunch elsewhere, he would pull my arm to get here (if we pass by) to have their delicious salpicao, lengua estofado, or their signature churros.

Dulcinea, Greenbelt 1
    G/Lvl., Greenbelt 1, Paseo de Roxas cor. Legaspi St., Ayala Center
    Makati City, Metro Manila
    Philippines
    (02) 817-7074

Among the two Dulcinea branches in Ayala Center, this one has the "ambiance" and space. There are more servers here, and a wider selection of pastries and deli items.

Before the renovation, this was the branch that I visited often with friends and family. It was very, very cozy and had a relaxing atmosphere.

My friends and I would hop from Dulcinea to Pancake house and the nearby restaurants back then. The place was like an extension of our home.

Now, we frequent the Glorietta branch more, but it does not make the Greenbelt branch any lesser.

Dulcinea has been in the Philippines since 1963.

To date, they have twelve (12) branches in Metro Manila and at Iloilo as well.

The other ten (10) branches can be found at:

ALABANG (Casa Susana, Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zapote Road, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1781 Tel: (02) 756-5043 )

ALI MALL (2/F P. Tuazon Blvd., Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila Philippines (02) 709-2674)

GREENHILLS (Greenhills Shopping Complex Theatre Mall, Unit F & B6 Art Plaza, Ortigas Ave., Greenhills San Juan, Metro Manila)

POWERPLANT MALL (Concourse Level Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Drive cor. Estrella St., Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines)

ROBINSON'S PLACE (Robinsons Manila, Pedro Gil cor. Adriatico St., Ermita, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines)

SM CITY FAIRVIEW (LG/F Annex 1, SM City Fairview, Quirino Ave. cor. Regalado St., Greater Lagro Quezon City, Metro Manila Philippines (02) 355-6105)

SM MALL OF ASIA (SM Mall Of Asia, Main Mall, Central Business Park Bay Blvd. Bay City
    Pasay City)

SM MANILA (Level 1 SM Manila, Concepcion cor. Arroceros & San Marcelino St., Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines Tel: (02) 400-5885)

SM MEGA MALL (2/L SM MegaMall Bldg. B, Julia Vargas Ave., Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines Tel: (02) 634-0611 to 12)

TOMAS MORATO (282 Roadrunner Bldg., Tomas Morato Ave., Sacred Heart, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines Tel: (02) 920-7891 to 93)

They accept major credit cards and cash

Favorite Dish: Their pastries are to "die for"

The deli platter

Fritos de la Abuela

et cetera

FISH OUT OF WATER: Learn about Philippine History while enjoying food

by nixca316 Updated Jul 3, 2012

Stories you can read while waiting for your order

(I guess the concept did not work with the location...their other restaurants like Black Beard Treasure Island, Crustacia, Sea Food Island, New Orleans, etc. are still operational...this one is closed already...we had lunch here when I arrived from Bicol and that was then they informed us that they were closing...) :(

FISH OUT OF WATER is the sister restaurant of RED CRAB.

It is located at the 3rd floor of the very posh Greenbelt 5.

RJ and I have eaten at this place "accidentally" thinking it was a branch of Fish & Co. From the moment we entered we were welcomed and served well. It was a memorable experience.

Lately, this has been one of our favorite restaurants in Ayala Center.

They serve Filipino and International Foods alike and there are many things you can learn while having fun eating.

Opens from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm today.
    Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

Bistek Ilustrado
    Fish and Chips
    Spaghetti Bolognese
    Klasik Kare-Kare

Barako Cheesecake (Batangas Coffee Cheesecake)
    Dried Mango Rum Pudding

• Disabilities

• joysweet's Profile Photo

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

by joysweet Written May 24, 2007

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is located at the ground floor Paseo Center - corner of Paseo de Roxas and Sedeno Street. We were very disappointed with the service here - not much people (in fact the restaurant was barely half full) and yet the servers/baristas were too slow. Waited 20 mins for 1 ice blended drink.

Favorite Dish: Black Forest Ice Blended Coffee - they did this drink very poorly, not properly blended. probably because the barista was rushing - i don't know why they move so slowly.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Spicy Fingers Bar and Restaurant: Give it a try!

by nixca316 Written Oct 3, 2008

It's a pity that I have never come across their branch at Hong Kong because we had a wonderful experience at this Greenbelt 2 branch.

They have good service. Well, not the best service, but they did serve us well and we'll be back for sure.

We tried their lunch specials for only 298 Pesos per head ++ (available from 11am-3:00pm)

Yes, it may be less than 10 US dollars, but it's not actually an average Filipino's daily lunch...At any rate, it's worth it.

On Wednesdays they have a Ladies Night (Free drinks). The party starts at 10PM for ages 21 and over.

They also have a daily happy hour (actually, happy FOUR hours) from 4PM to 8PM daily...40 Pesos on selected drinks and 20% off on other alcoholic beverages.

What else?

They have an early dinner special at only PhP338.00 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm

Favorite Dish: I'll tell you about it after we try their a la carte =)

• Business Travel

Bollywood Bar and Bistro: Experience authentic Indian food that's oh so good

by nixca316 Updated Oct 6, 2012

Yummy! (Set meal)

When I was younger I was afraid to try Indian Cuisine, but now, it's one of my favorites.

Whether vegetarian or with any type of meat, especially fish, I love Indian food.

One of our favorite Indian Restaurants is Bollywood and since the restaurant is named Bollywood, its atmosphere is like that of a cinema lot. There are flappers, et cetera, that would make you feel like a star.

Some say the look is not authentic Indian, but they never claimed that.

Still, the interior decoration would remind you that it is an Indian restaurant.

The food and the service is good.

I love watching the movies too.

If you're lucky, you would get to watch a whole movie while finishing your set meals or your a la carte orders.

Sometimes, you would want to dance along with the stars of the movie, but do stop yourself. Others would still want to eat in peace.

Favorite Dish: Aloo Chaat
    Potato salad with mustard tossed with tamarind or mint chutney (I always choose the tamarind chutney with this)

Tandoori Paneer with Mesclun Salad
    Greens topped with cashews, garlic and paneer with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette-This is similar the Western Salads, but with an Indian twist

Mutter Paneer
    Cottage cheese and green peas cooked in tomato, butter, cream and spiced sauce---I super duper love this, just because!!!

Mushroom Peas Masala
    A combination of young mushroom and peas cooked in hot spicy sauce

Kulfi
    Indian ice cream in your choice of flavor-pista, almond and mango 3 3 3 (my favorite is pista)

Mafiosi
    Pannacotta with fresh mango and rose water (nice to look at and very, very delicious)

Falooda
    Indian halo-halo of string gelatin, nuts, flavored, cardamom and rose syrup

They have lunch specials that are very, very affordable. Prices depend on the season.

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Zen: Good, Affordable Japanese Food

by KookieDough Updated Sep 4, 2006

Grilled Squid and Fried Chicken

What I like about Zen is that it is quiet enough for you to enjoy food and conversation, compared to other inexpensive Japanese restos in the area.

Also, its cheap price does not mean cheap food. The dishes here are good and tastes authentic.

Favorite Dish: They have introduced great bento boxes here. I love the grilled squid and boneless fried chicken. One of their best sellers, they say. I would not be surprised if that is true. The squid is tender and goes well with the soy dipping sauce. The fried chicken is not the usual. Lovely breading and with a hint of ginger - a really nice twist.

Their combo set price starts at about 250-300 PHP.

• Luxury Travel

Master Cheese Burger

good ambience
    very clean toilet
    polite staff

Favorite Dish: (last date visited - June 3, 2006)

1. Hamburger Burger - 50.00 pesos

• dcmanicad's Profile Photo

Cena Restaurant (Greenbelt): Cena Restaurant

by dcmanicad Updated Nov 7, 2007

Officemates in front of Cena

One of our office night-outs led us to Cena Restaurant. Actually we were hoping to eat at Masas but since it was already packed, we went next door, which is Cena. I believe this to be a Filipino-Spanish-Mediterranean restaurant but I'm not sure. We proceeded to the 2nd level inside the restaurant and ordered a bunch of dishes which doesn't seem to form any theme whatsoever. We ordered the paella Cena which would be the main dish, with gambas and calamares as sides. Then my friend suddenly craved for (and ordered) a Cena cheeseburger. Weird noh? I found every dish to be a bit ordinary. Nothing special, really. The paella is bordering on a bit good and bland. I had heaps better (Hardware Lane, Melbourne - yum!) than this one. We were 7 in the group and the dishes were not enough. I probably would have welcomed a couple more spoonfuls of paella.

After dinner, we knew that the action was outside, so we had a table reserved for us. It was beside the acoustic band that was performing that night. Forgot the name though, but they were good. Not too loud, just an acoustic guitar and a 'kahon'. My other officemate had a go with the percussionist's chimes in one of their songs. She was elated. The song choices are to my taste as well, so I drank the night away in great mood!

paella Cena 350
    gambas 180
    calamares 150
    Cena cheeseburger 195
    beer 55

• joysweet's Profile Photo

Teriyaki Boy: Teriyaki Boy

by joysweet Written May 24, 2007

Located at the Paseo Center - a building where there are a lot of eating places, including Teriyaki Boy. Had lunch with Jose here as this was fairly close to my building (1 block from the Enterprise Center).

Favorite Dish: We ordered: Chicken Teriyaki Boy-Don about 180p- this is their specialty. I order this everytime and so far I'm not disaapointed yet. Jose ordered the Salmon-Don about 170p- i don't think he liked it very much.

Bottomless coke at 48p and watermelon shake (which was too sweet) at 55p

T.G.I. Friday's: One of my favorite restos now in Greenbelt

by nixca316 Updated Jan 31, 2014

Share-able Platter Number 2(Chicken, Fish, Liempo)

TGI Friday's food and beverage may be more expensive than average, but almost everything is good to share, so there is still value for money.

There is always a good feeling whenever one goes inside a TGI Friday's branch. Whether you're with your family or friends, you would surely have fun with the good service and great food.

• Beer Tasting

John and Yoko: Cosmopolitan Japanese Bar and Restaurant

by nixca316 Updated Mar 24, 2010

My ultimate favorite @ John and Yoko

First Visit Review:

John and Yoko, a Cosmopolitan Japanese restaurant (West meets East fusion), has a nice concept. A lot of people have been curious about this place just because it is owned by a former teenage idol, Marvin Agustin and his partners (Sumosam Foods, Inc.). They are slowly, but surely, conquering the gastronomic world.

The food's taste is OK and they are pleasing to the eyes, but we were not so happy with the service.

OK, they are all good to look at and very courteous, so I guess the service wasn't all that bad, but they did serve one of our orders to another table so we opted to just wait for it so that I could take a picture. We were able to taste it later, and we like the taste (Wild Mushroom Pasta).

The place was jam packed when we "visited" out of RJ's curiosity, but we saw that some of their patrons were just about to leave. We walked some more. RJ pulled my hand and led us back there. We didn't go with his choice last week, but he obediently "obliged". This time, he was adamant. His grip was firm and he led us to John and Yoko.

Honestly, we already had lunch and were just planning to stroll around the place then watch a movie later, but RJ insisted.

He was very happy that we went there because he ate almost everything alone.

I can't really call it a Japanese restaurant, because it's more of a fusion restaurant. I guess that's why they call it a cosmopolitan Japanese restaurant.

Major Credit Cards are accepted

since our first visit, the service has improved! =) We have eaten at this place 4 times now.

Favorite Dish: I love the fried uni maki and the tofu with melted cheese!

• Beer Tasting

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

gerry's grill: mUSt order FilipiNO dishes..!

by missmarianne Written Mar 10, 2008

my 2nd VT meet @gerry's griLL, MAKati

the place invites starving tummies.. with some sort of unzippp-able mouth...for chat..talk..chervagh,,

if you are thinking of a resto with soothing ambience and quiet ..peaceFuL.. dining..sorry..not this one. everybody here talks while lol! eating..

Favorite Dish: they have this "gabi" with pork filling.. I mistakenly called it "laing" but it wasn't.. they have other name for it.. I forgot.

Instant Answers: Makati

Comments

Makati Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Makati restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Makati sightseeing.