Malls, Manila

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

by TrendsetterME Written Jun 22, 2013

Ice Skating in MOA, Manila, Philippines

At "Mall of Asia" there is a surprise awaiting you, the ICESKATING ... :)

In the permanent heat of 30 degrees celcius, even not to skate but be next to the iceskating field gives a superb cooling and refreshing feeling in the middle of the day ...

In weekdays its 300p per person plus surcharges for lockers and so on. The skating area is attached to a huge food court, so all kinds and sorts of food and beverage are available ...

A "cool" experience advised to do on your next Manila trip ... :)

• Adventure Travel

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Greenbelt, Manila, Philippines

by TrendsetterME Updated Jun 20, 2013

Greenbelt, Manila, Philippines

One of the major spots in Manila I hang out, many brand shops, coffee shops and restaurants, and the green fauna and gardens makes u feel to be away from the big city crowd and noise ... Mostly foreigners and expats, also locals, too, are spending their day and also till late hours ...

The shopping complex has two indoor buildings and a couple more open-air shopping centers divided between five sections, in which mostly appliance stores at Greenbelt 1, designer clothing shops at Greenbelt 3, and high-end shops of local and international brands at Greenbelt 4 and Greenbelt 5. As said, I love to spend the time there in the afternoon, especially mostly live music performances as sun goes down and entertainment becomes full action w bars and restaurants ...

Restaurants in Greenbelt 1 are mostly fast food, while Greenbelts 2 to 5 feature sit-down cafés and restaurants. Among the most popular ones are Café Havana, Temple Bar, Seattle’s Best, Hard Rock Café, and Chili’s. Fely J’s in Greenbelt 5 and Sentro in Greenbelt 3 offer Filipino fusion cuisine. There is also the Indian-inspired Bollywood, Red Box KTV bar, Ice Bar, and Greenbelt 3 3D theaters for late-night entertainment.

Strongly recommended area ... :)

• Music

• dtonin's Profile Photo

Starbucks at Trinoma: A beautiful relaxing coffee

by dtonin Written May 3, 2012
    Go here, have a coffee. You're welcome.

I wouldn't normally go out of my way to describe a Starbucks, but this one feels special compared to your average fare.

Trinoma has around 4 or 5 different Starbucks scattered around the mall, and they're all very starbucksy, but nothing really impressive. This one is different.

The Starbucks itself isn't better in anyway, its the immediate surroundings. You need to cross a small footbridge to get there, and the thing is surrounded by water, mist shooting off, and its all just a very peaceful and serene place to have a coffee and chat with a friend. If you're just looking for a way to pass the afternoon, you can do a lot worse than here.

• seetharam's Profile Photo

Vegetarian food at Robinson Mall. Ermita

by seetharam Written Sep 8, 2011

TEA-A VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT ROBINSON MALL MANILA

I was staying recently in Manila Pavilion hotel and Casino on UN Avenue and found out a fab veggie joint in the Robinson Mall. It is near the Padre Faure entrance about 100 metres to your right as you enter from this point. From the hotel it is 10 mts walk only.
    You get here exclusively vegetarian food which is unique in most south asian countries barring India. It is fresh cooked filipino food mild and yet tasty.
    You have choices of noodles mildly spiced with vegetables like mushroom etc Most items contain tofu or other soyabean milk products which perhaps could be avoided. For just 50 peso ( 1 US$=42 peso now) you get a helping of one of three choices of noodles and a spring roll or a piece of bread. Or you can get a set meal for 85 peso of one helping of rice with two viands or helpings of vegetable of choice - you have nearly a choice of 12 ! Drinks are extra. Place is kept spotlessly clean and staff so kind and courteous. I was a regular visitor here. Usually works from opening of mall till 9pm. You get take away too which you can eat at your room later with your drink !

• Work Abroad
    • Singles

• FlowerOfScotland's Profile Photo

Robinsons Place Mall

by FlowerOfScotland Written Feb 24, 2011

If you are visiting Manila and are staying in the Malate area, around A. Mabini Street or Adriatico Street, then a visit to Robinsons Place on Pedro Gil Street is a good idea, especially if you want something to eat. You'll find most well-known eateries there from MacDonalds to TGI Fridays. There are also outlets from various world regions too. I can thoroughly recommend Pho Hoa which specialises in Vietnamese Noodle Soup. Their soups are delicious. Cost about 280 for small bowl and 330 for big bowl. (67 peso =£1). Also check out the Food Court on the 3rd Floor which serves local dishes. These too are delicious.
    Plenty of shopping opportunities too if retail therapy is your thing!

Rockwell

by limledi Updated Nov 10, 2008

Rockwell

Rockwell is a high-end mall with boutiques selling branded items. People who don't like crowded places prefer to come here to avoid chaos. You don't see people queuing here unlike some of the malls like SM. Good place to stroll & window shop.

• Hiking and Walking

Greenhills Shopping Center

by limledi Updated Nov 6, 2008

Greenhills Shopping Center

My family enjoyed our shopping here at Greenhills Shopping Center. They just want to keep coming back. There are many items to choose from. Very cheap prices selling mostly imitation items. We did most of our shopping here during our trip to Manila. Don't forget to bargain. This shopping center is quite huge with plenty of resto to choose from. There's also Music Museum if you want to see a concert.

Greenbelt 5

by limledi Updated Nov 6, 2008

Greenbelt 5

Greenbelt has just added a new addition to it's sprawling shopping malls. Among the malls, you can sit & enjoy the park outside. Greenbelt Park is very famous for its beautiful landscape. It's great for strolling. You can also find a chapel here. Inside Greenbelt 5, there are high end shops selling branded items. Imagine finding a simple dress for P72,100! I repeat my query to the sales person not sure if I heard her correctly. If you want to shop without queuing, this is the place to be.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Mall Madness-or killing time?

by Wild_Orchid Written May 22, 2008

my purchases-cute rubber sandals & Guess Jeans

If you are in town for business & have a few hours to spare, do explore the sprawling Ayala Center. Located within walking distance of the Peninsular hotel, the Shangri-la hotel and several other hotels, this is the place to shop, eat, drink and kill time. It is also linked to the more upmarket GreenBelt Centre.

It is home to Rustams department store (very upmarket with Fendi, Dunhill, Baby Phat by Kimora, Nine West shoes, Dockers, DKNY, Kenneth Cole, etc), SM (mid-range department store-look for cheap hoisery, hair accessories, and even a supermarket on the ground floor), Landmarks (another mid to upper range department store), the famous Glorietta Mall (you can get lost here-I guess there is a sense to it, but I couldn't work it out)-with stalls, local boutiques, and international brands (Zara, Armani Exchange, Guess-just to name a few).
    There is a cinema and some games arcades and also a PC center here.
    There are a number of food outlets-numerous American fast food outlets, a food court serving BBQ, Filipino-Spanish food, Balut eggs, the home-grown Jolibee, a couple of Thai outlets, Sizzlers and many more.

• Business Travel

• barbskie's Profile Photo

Mall of Asia

by barbskie Written Apr 27, 2008

A huge building that house malls, theaters, corporate for-lease offices, and huge parking lot. Cool and unique features are found in the including the country’s first IMAX theatre; a marina with a spectacular view of Manila Bay’s sunset; trams to transport the avarious shoppers; the country’s only olympic-size skating rink; a science museum and of course gazillion stores and SM shoes. just go because it is a must!

• asiantraveler's Profile Photo

shopping

by asiantraveler Written Apr 26, 2008

Shopping is one of the things tourists love about the Philippines. One of Asia’s cheapest and largest bargains are found in the Philippines. Bargains in the Philippines are cheaper compared to the bargains in Singapore and Hong Kong. Prices of the goods for Philippine bargains are comparable to the ones in Thailand and in China. Not only are the products available, they are also of good quality. Three of the biggest shopping malls in the world SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, and SM North EDSA are all located in the Philippines. Other well-known shopping malls are Robinsons, Greenhills in San Juan, Greenbelt, Glorietta, PowerPlant Mall in the city of Makati, TriNoMa and Gateway Mall in Quezon City, and The Podium in the Ortigas Business District.

• Green Hills Shopping Center

by phillygirlatheart Updated Apr 12, 2008

Fresh Water Pearls

Interested in bargains?

A friend from Philadelphia,Pennsylvania told me not to leave Manila, without shopping at Green Hills. She was right. Many,many stands/booths indoors-pearls, jewelry,artwork and handicrafts. There is, knock off ,designer watches,pocketbooks,wallets and shoes.The latter, I would not buy, because I believe it to be illegal to bring to the States. Not everyone, thinks the way, I do, because many people were buying those kinds of things.
    I was more interested in artwork from local artists, wood or shell serving trays,baskets,coasters, crafts, the batik fabric made in the Muslim region of Zamboanga-,items that are handmade by Filipino hands.

Bartering is the norm. Be careful, everytime they saw my "American face" they gave me a price. I would say lower, lower. They said best price. I would walk away and send my Filipino husband to ask the price, or the driver, without me standing beside them and they would give them a better price. IE. a mans shirt- My husband bought 2 at 300 pesos each. He liked them and told me the booth number. He suggested ,I buy some for my father. When I selected the same shirts, they told me 450 pesos. each. When I told them, too much, they said," best price." I explained that they just sold the same shirts to my husband for less. IT WAS A PAIN TO HAVE TO FIND MY HUSBAND,LIKE A CHILD GETTING THE PARENT,DRAG HIM TO THE BOOTH,ETC... THEY DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ME THE LOWER PRICE, BUT THEY DID. GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A LOCAL WITH YOU WHEN YOU SHOP.SMILE...
    ***Women,keep your money in your bra*** Better to be embarrassed for a moment, than to be pickpocketed...
    ***Give yourself a day to explore Green Hills. It is crowded. You will see many interesting things for sale and many interesting people. When you buy pearls it takes time. Ask them to double knot in between each pearl. They will, no problem. They of course string by hand, which is time consuming. My husband did not want to wait forever, so I did not buy as many as I would have liked.-to share at home.. They are very inexpensive. campare prices at different booths. I would have probably got better deals if, I had. I just did not have time.
    I think there is a air conditioned mall connected or across form the flea market type shopping. I did not have time to explore.
    ***Carry/take a messenger bag. You have to have some place to put your pearls. Keep it in front of you always. Put a small lock, just so you can feel if someone is trying to get in. I did and I did not have any problems.
    *** For those of you who do not know, there is no toliet paper in public bathrooms. Make sure you carry some or baby wipes. Also have hand sanitizer. You will be sorry,if you do not!!!

Green Hills was an exciting place to wander and observe. People watching,is as much fun as shopping. Enjoy....

• Green Hills Shopping Center

by phillygirlatheart Written Apr 11, 2008

Interested in bargains? A friend from Philadelphia,Pennsylvania told me not to leave Manila, without shopping at Green Hills. She was right. Many,many stands/booths indoors-pearls, jewelry,artwork and handicrafts. There is, knock off ,designer watches,pocketbooks,wallets and shoes.The later I would not buy, because I believe it to be illegal to bring to the States. Not everyone, thinks the way, I do, because many people were buying those kings of things.

Bartering is the norm. Be careful, everytime they saw my "American face" they gave me a price. I would say lower, lower. They said best price. I would walk away and send my Filipino husband to ask the price, or the driver, without me standing beside them and they would give them a better price. IE. a mans shirt- My husband bought 2 at 300 pesos each. He liked them and told me the booth number. He suggested ,I buy some for my father. When I selected the same shirts, they told me 450 pesos. each. When I told them, too much, they said best price. I explained that they just sold the same shirts to my husband for less. IT WAS A PAIN TO HAVE TO FIND MY HUSBAND,LIKE A CHILD GETTING THE PARENT,DRAG HIM TO THE BOOTH,ETC... THEY DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ME THE LOWER PRICE, BUT THEY DID. GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A LOCAL WITH YOU WHEN YOU SHOP.SMILE...

• audomatic's Profile Photo

Malls in Manila

by audomatic Written Mar 28, 2008

View of the water from Mall of Asia

Manila has more malls than I have ever seen any place else, and people here love to shop.

Tiendecitas - This is my personal favorite. This is an outdoor mall that is covered by a huge tent roof. Mostly there are private vendors that either have just a table up with items to sell, or they actually have walls that create their 'store'. There are also bigger sellers that have more commercial items for sale. In the vendor section it is very nice because you can create a competition between vendors for your business so you always feel like you are getting the best prices. You can find replica Philippines army swords, gigantic bongo drums (from small to up to 10 feet tall), clothes, souveniers, and food. I love the open air environment here and all the antiques. Even if you aren't going to the Philippines to shop, you have to make it here at least once.

SM Mall of Asia - Currently this is the 3 biggest mall in the world. This mall has an olympic sized ice skating rink, a theatre, lots of places to eat, and is very spacious. It is right on the Manila Bay, so you get a beautiful sunset view.

GreenHills - This is more like a swap meet than a bazaar, and everything is really cheap!!

I visited a few more malls, but those three are my favorite.

Trinoma

by limledi Updated Nov 8, 2007
    TriNoma

Trinoma is a regional mall in Northern Manila bringing all the best in shopping, dining and entertainment that people from North have always sought elsewhere. Characterized by beautiful landscaping and punctuated by stunning water features, it is home to a wide array of retail and dining choices. From well-loved stores to new shopping concepts, from fun to fine dining, from state-of-the art cinemas to a lively activity center - everything comes together at TriNoma.

Instant Answers: Manila

• Dec 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Great post! I loved to read your story about Health Care Problem. Good to have Health Care