Places to eat in City of Manila

menu

Most Viewed Restaurants in City of Manila

Cyma Greek Resto: Cyma

by Sobe-A-Rush Written Oct 10, 2013

In my opinion it is the best greek restaurant in Manila. They have the best and most creative tasting salads, the serving are quite generous. Other than the salad the Lamb Gyro, Flaming cheese, Moussaka, and Red Snapper is also something to try. The atmosphere is casual and the service is prompt and friendly.

I recommend calling ahead for reservations so you don’t have to wait to get seated during peak times. The price is a little bit above average but they serve real quality food which makes it worth it. Sometimes, they offer free dessert too.

Levante at Eastwood City Walk: Night Food Market

by Sobe-A-Rush Updated Oct 10, 2013

It’s a night food market that opens only on Fridays from 6PM to 3AM, Enjoy a culinary adventure at Levante with its mouth-watering homemade cooking straight from the kitchens of Eastwood’s promising food entrepreneurs, along with your favorite Filipino street foods. The fun part is you could do a free taste of everything.

They have wide range of great-tasting and affordable food, pastry and dessert choices and good live acoustic entertainment.

(photo from Google images)

Gerry's Grill: Seafood Grill

by Sobe-A-Rush Written Oct 10, 2013

For authentic Filipino cuisine, the seafood selection at Gerry's Grill is quite extensive, and with so many choices, an all-seafood lunch can be a satisfying option. The place is recommended for a person who wants to try Filipino food. The sisig, adobo and the Kare-Kare is also a must try.
    The service is good and the price range is average, the place is usually pack at night despite the number of branches around Manila.

(photo from Google images)

• simplytaj's Profile Photo

Va Bene: Bene Bene!

by simplytaj Updated May 6, 2013

This small simple Italian restaurant is located in Makati within the Petron gas station of Dasmarinas Makati along Edsa. Its a small clean place with a sitting capacity of 25 but always full of people due to its price, serving portion and quality of food. An authentic Italian resto run and owned by an Italian chef who used to work for Manila Hotel.
    I dont write reviews or tips on bars and restaurants if I had been only once. I have been here 4x and I must say its VA BENE! I discovered this place last year from the wife of an Ambassador who leaves near the area and she told me not to miss it.
    There are a lot of Italian restaurants in Makati or in the Philippines but very few are really serving the real stuff, the real Italian taste. Check this out soon!
    They dont have an official website yet but please try to search Va Bene.... open for lunch and dinner

Favorite Dish: Almost all the dishes I have tried are good from appetizer to salad to main course. Chicken liver pate,Bruscheta, Octupus Salad, homemade Pastas all the deserts....yummy! I have tried almost evrything on the menu.They also sell homemade Italian pastas and other Italian products. They use Italian ingredients and this is what makes it unique plus NO CORKAGE FEES on bottles of wine! Dine with your family/friends!

Octupus Salad

• simplytaj's Profile Photo

Barcino: Wine and Dine

by simplytaj Updated May 4, 2013

A very cozy restaurant, friendly staff, good service and affordable wines. You can bring a big group and share the food and the bottle of wine and its surely worth the money. Price of wines are reasonable compared to other wine bars in Makati. You can find good wines for 600/750 pesos a bottle.
    It is located in the heart of Makati Greenbelt but has several branches in Metro Manila. Walking distance to the Ayala museum, Shangrila Hotel, Landmark and Greenbelt malls- Ground Floor, Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City.
    Barcino opened other branches in Metro Manila. Pls check website below. Some of their branches like Greenbelt and Rockewell have private rooms for small groups , a cozy place for business meetings and small gatherings. Check them out.

Favorite Dish: Chorizo picante and bilbao, seafood paella are my favorites!

• Wine Tasting

• marlo.flores's Profile Photo

Vikings Buffet Restaurant: The Best Buffet Restaurant in Manila

by marlo.flores Written Jan 16, 2013

The experience is so memorable. A lot of delicious foods are everywhere. I enjoy all the foods and want to try it all. The desert is perfect. This restaurant is perfect for a groups.

Favorite Dish: The deserts, their sweets are perfect taste. I enjoy the local halo-halo. I truly recommend this restaurant for everyone looking for unforgettable dining. experience

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Waiying Fastfood: Waiying is waiting!

by theguardianangel Updated Jun 9, 2012

You might feel tired and hungry after wandering around Chinatown so if you’re looking for a place to eat delicious food at a very affordable price then Waiying is the place to be!

Waiying is located in Benavides Street of Chinatown where almost all the best Chinese restaurants are situated. Waiying fasfood is a small place (very narrow) that has 2-floors and usually it’s full of people. You have to wait for a while to have your own table. My advice, if you wish to eat here on holidays or weekends, I recommend to have an early lunch or dinner so you won't have to wait. Also, don’t think about the ambience; just think about the food and your stomach.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are the Nai-Cha (milk tea) and Hakaw. Waiying’s Nai-cha is very tasty! It has a very strong tea taste and has a minimal amount of milk. I have tasted different kinds of Nai-cha, but still Waiying’s is the best for me until now. It only costs 50Php. Hakaw is a soft dumpling with a shrimp inside. It’s very delicious especially when you dip it into soy sauce with chili.

Try also the resto's specialty, the roasted white duck. It's also delicious and has big serving (for me) costs 180Php.

Waiying Restaurant display of dumplings at the counter roasted white duck you have to try this Naicha Milk tea!!!!!!! Hakaw!
    • Adventure Travel

• parlorfix's Profile Photo

8 Spices Thai Cuisine: Best Thai restaurant in Manila

by parlorfix Updated Mar 1, 2012

I've been to a few Thai restos/ fast food joints in Manila and I can honestly say nothing compares to 8 Spices Thai Cuisine. While the restaurant could be a little bit pricey for the average person, the dishes are definitely worth your money.

We ordered the Spicy Tuna Salad (P320.00), Chicharon Bulaklak (P220.00), Chicken in Panang Curry (P330.00) and Grilled Pork Ribs with Honey (P325.00). We waited, I think, for 10 to 15 minutes until the dishes were served. Not bad! Everything was seasoned just right for our tastebuds, although we wish the Chicken curry was a bit milder (it was really spicy!). Apparently, you can request for the dishes to be cooked a little less spicy than it should be.

We can't get enough of the food we ordered. We're definitely going back to 8 Spices Thai Cuisine! Next time, we'll probably try dining in its other branch along Sct Borromeo.

Favorite Dish: Chicharon Bulaklak and Thai Spare Ribs!

Spicy Fresh Tuna Salad Tuna Salad Chicharon Bulaklak
    • Business Travel

• zephyrgurl108's Profile Photo

pho hoa: best vietnamese soup

by zephyrgurl108 Updated Apr 4, 2011

when i want something healthy i go to a vietnamese restaurant. there are plenty of vegetarian options from their menu - from spring rolls, to tofu to vegetable soup. they only have a small shop in SM, so it's naturally quieter than bigger restos. service is good. price is just right.

Favorite Dish: vegetarian soup - it's hearty and healthy.

pho hoa vietnamese restaurant

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Max's Restaurant: Fried Chicken like you've never tasted it before

by yellowbell Updated Apr 4, 2011

Max's Restaurant is my favorite chicken restaurant. Chicken is juicy and tender. Tasty up to the last bite!

Each restaurant has a homey appeal with darkwood furniture, leather seats and brick walls. The original restaurant in Quezon City dates back to 1945. Most Pinoys celebrate baptismal parties and even hold wedding receptions and meetings here.

It's so popular among Pinoys that they even have branches in San Francisco, Glendale and Sacramento!

On their website below, click on menu (left side) and click on the folder-like menu folder (right side) that opens up for you to see the list of food items.

Favorite Dish: Half chicken is P150
    Quarter chicken with rice, pancit (noodles) or spring rolls P130-170, iced tea included.

Kare-kare (oxtail with vegetables cooked in peanut sauce - served with shrimp paste)
    Halo-halo for dessert (jackfruit, custard, yam, banana slices with milk and crushed ice)

• anne_vdns's Profile Photo

Jollibee: Bee Happy!

by anne_vdns Updated Apr 4, 2011

The fastest and the largest fast food chain in the country. Jollibee has over a hundred stores in the whole Philippines and branches at San Francisco and Hong Kong. This food chain was established to be a burger chain, our country's answer to Mc Donald's.

Funny, what started as a burger chain, now considers chickenjoy (fried chicken) to be its bestseller.

They deliver too!

Favorite Dish: chickenjoy, of course!
    strawberry sundae
    junior champ with cheese
    peach-mango pie
    longganisa meal for breakfast

enjoying chickenjoy with Jane

• anthonykuhn's Profile Photo

Hard Rock, Fridays, Outback. Nice Local Places!: MainStream places are Good!

by anthonykuhn Updated Apr 4, 2011

You can eat to your choice. I would not advise to go with local food right away. Can work with special diets. Great fresh foods, Seafoods, Outback for Steaks, BBQ on the Beach!

I can put together your ideal vacation optimized to your needs. I know translotators and can be very helpful.

Favorite Dish: Best food here is the food you catch yourself!

Imagine off a island in some shallows and spear gunning for your dinner.

Add spices and locals dishes, rice of course and grill him up on the beach with some Ice Cold San Migs! The local Beer.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Singles
    • Luxury Travel

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Dencio's Bar & Grill Restaurant: The food is excellent

by joiwatani Written Sep 12, 2010

I didn't know about this restaurant at first but it was the restaurant that I will be having a VT meeting with Aida, Lara, Monina and TeAnne.

It was raining cats and dogs in Manila when I got there so I asked the waiter if I can just wait inside the restaurant. He was very polite and led me to a huge table. He asked me if how many people will be there in a meeting. I said I didn't know but by the looks of it, it might be few because of the weather.

Since I had been waiting for a while, I ordered a freshly brewed coffee and while drinking, I had the chance to observe and look at the restaurant. The ambience is pretty nice: I can hear customers laughing and having fun; some of the guests are outside eating and drinking as there are tables there (covered of course); the tables are neatly arranged and the waiters are courteous and polite.

When Aida and Lara arrived, they decided to order as they already know which food to order. We ordered the family-style as we didn't know who else were coming. First came the soup (lomo-lomo). It was delicious! Then the bangus (fish) but you can't tell it's fish because the meat of the fish was shredded and fried and made it crunchy.

There was also the rice and the pinakbet (Iloco dish) which was my favorite! It is a mixture of different local vegetables (eggplant, squash, okra, onions, tomatoes, bitter curd, ginger, etc and mixed with shrimp paste). We also ordered chopsuey (Chinese dish with different kinds of vegetables: carrots, shallots, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, celery, cauliflower, etc).

The dishes were all delicious!

For dessert, I ordered the iced "gulaman" (It's like a bubble tea). TeAnne ordered "halo-halo" (mixed desserts).

Favorite Dish: I personally loved the "pinakbet". I basically finished all my rice with it! Love, love it not because I am from Ilocos but it's because it was cooked great!

My VT meeting Pinakbet The crunchy bangus (fish) The lomo-lomo (soup) The iced gulaman
    • Singles

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Bistro Remedios: Local fares are the best here

by santeria01 Written Jun 18, 2010

We were treated by our Korean boss to this place. It's sort of a high-end Filipino restaurant catered to foreigners (Adriatico's a tourism hub in Manila). We had the usual local fare. We had crispy crablets, shrimp, sinigang na bangus (milkfish cooked in sour broth and veggies), grilled fish, bamboo rice, alique rice, eggplant ensalada.

The restaurant offers pretty much all Filipino dishes, so it's not a real big deal to me. But our Korean boss enjoys dining there. She usually brings her Korean visitors to this resto, even our Korean big boss goes there regularly.

Favorite Dish: All the local dishes I mentioned above are my favorite!

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Ying Ying Tea House Restaurant: New Favorite in Binondo

by cyndymc Written Jun 22, 2009

Most people go to Ying Ying Tea House to see if its foods are comparable to the now gone President Restaurant in Binondo. Perhaps because it is being touted as the new President, expectations of diners are high...Well, we were not impressed. Food wasn't bad; it wasn't fantastic either. My family liked my cooking better than its Beef with Oyster Sauce; the lemon chicken was tough (ugh!); shrimps with cashew was quite bland; Chinese friend rice was okay; Nido soup was fine.

Favorite Dish: No particular favorite.

Beef With Oyster Sauce Shrimps W/ Cashew Lemon Chicken Nido Soup W/ Quail Egg Chinese Fried Rice

City of Manila Hotels

Navotas Hotels
Provisor Island Hotels
Maytubig Hotels

Instant Answers: City of Manila

Comments

City of Manila Restaurants

Reviews and photos of City of Manila restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for City of Manila sightseeing.
Map of City of Manila