Davao Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Davao

• louiegar's Profile Photo

Jacks Ridge: overated

by louiegar Written May 22, 2010

I went there in May not to impressed it was very hot no fans at least the service was not the best I have incounterd the food was not that impressive the view was ok but where we were seated we had onlookers and people trying to eat not a combination not much to do there I ordered a mixed drink it was very watered down It will not be my choice places to eat.

Apo View Hotel: Apo View Hotel

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 10, 2010

Apo View Hotel

A restaurant about equal with the Insular Waterfront Hotel is the Apo View Hotel. We ate there numerous times (in part because of its proximity to where we were). The service is excellent ant the food is also excellent.

They had the largest selection of different kinds of food. Locals and Westerners frequent this place. it is also a great value.

It is slightly more formal than the Waterfront, but the athmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

Favorite Dish: ***2010 UPDATE***

The buffet at the Apo View hotel is not longer being offered. This is to bad. I don't know when it changed, but it did. Apo View is a quality place and it's a shame they no longer offer this service.

The Apo View Hotel is large enough to host a variety of events. This trip we had 3 weddings to attend and/or participate in with friends of ours who got married. One was held at the Apo View Hotel. These are photos of that event and the grounds.

Insular Waterfront Restaurant: Fresh Mango Shake

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 10, 2010

Mango Shake

This is one of the best restaurants Davao has to offer. The food is western for the most part, but numerous Filipino dishes are available. They have a breakfast buffet that is one of the best in Davao City. Actually, it may be the only breakfast buffett still operating, at least the only one I know of.

Aside from the best mango shake in the world, one appeal is they have a good selection of Filipino foods, but there is a fair selections of foods to appeal to the Western palet. They have a great selection of food, omlets can be customized with a nice selection of add in for your omlet and nice selection of meat, generally ham and bacon.

Besides having a great selection of foods, it tastes good also!

Favorite Dish: You've got to try the mango shake. It'll drop your body temperature by 10 degrees, maybe 20 degrees!!! It is cold and refreshing. I've had them from a lot of places in the Philippines, but this one is the BEST!!!

This is always our very first stop after we arrive in Davao, and it always will be, unless I can find a better mango shake somewhere else. But I doubt I ever will. The best part of trying to find the best mango shake is trying them all!!!

Inasal Chicken: Chicken

by Iluv2surf2 Written Apr 10, 2010

For the most part the athmosphere is not unlike other quick service eateries fouind in malls or as stand alone units in the Philippines or in the USA. One difference is that they offer unlimited rice with your meal and there is always someone roaming about and weaving in and out of the seats and ever shifting crowd to offer you an extra scoop or two of rice.

The tables are a little smaller than what we would usually experience here, but despite the more compact size of the dining area their food packs a pretty big punch with flavor, quantity and most importantly QUALITY.

This was unique. As I paid for our lunch one day (I was using cash) I didn't have the right change and they didn't have the right combination of cash to give me my change. The girl at the register wrote on my reciept that they owed me a certain amount of change. I'd never experienced that before. Anyhow, after we ate I went back to the register and they gave me my change with no questions.

Favorite Dish: This small chain has some of the best chicken I've had anywhere. It has what I would describe as the perfect smoked flavor.

They have a soup Beef Sinagang that has become my favorite soup. This tangy soup really explodes with a unique flavor. If I were going to have a meal catered from all of my favorite restautrants in Davao, Insal would provide both chicken and this beef sinigang soup.

• Cafe Mediterranean: A Dining Experience

by kate.legaspi Written Sep 29, 2007
    Moussaka with Butter Rice

This restaurant is a collection of different cuisines from the vast Mediterranean, the Middle East to Italy, France and Spain. The interior and music contributed to the Mediterranean feel.

Favorite Dish: My personal favorites are Tunisian Fish, Lamb Stew, Moussaka and Eggplant Parmigiana. They also serve Chicken, Beef and Lamb Gyros (with Regular Pita or Whole Wheat Pita), Kebabs with Butter Rice (my favorite), Rice Pilaf or Couscous, Pizzas and Pastas. Also try their Baklava a la Mode (a sticky dessert made with layers of pastry dough, syrup and nuts then topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup).

• eversure's Profile Photo

Tsuru: truly Japanese

by eversure Written Sep 16, 2007

Very japanese taste and delicious. Their tuna sashimi is the freshest I've ever tasted here in the Philippines. So meaty and tender. My husband ordered wakadori (fried chicken bits with ginger) which was also very tasty. I ordered tonsai (beef strips with mushroom and cabbage in a hotpot) which was a bit bland but just right with the sauce. Their cooking is subtle and grows on your palate.

Favorite Dish: All the food we ordered tasted good. We are definitely going back.

Chow King: Fast Food

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 12, 2007

Chow King

Don't think I'm crazy for including this, but I really feel it will give a more complete and balanced view of the restaurant situation in Davao. I was extremely impressed with one fast food restaurant that wasn't there (that I know of on our last trip), but has seemed to have experienced an explosion in growth. It's Chow King.

I'd love to own a franchaise of one of these!

The food is GOOD and INEXPENSIVE. There is also an excellent VARIETY of foods to choose from and it actually tastes good!

These restaurants are clean.

Favorite Dish: The noodle soup, fried chicken and lumpia shanghai are my favorites! They even have COLD Diet Coke!

Jacks Ridge: Jacks Ridge

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 12, 2007

Jacks Ridge

Our first evening meal we shared in Davao was at a place called Jacks Ridge. This was the coolest place in Davao...and I mean that literally. This restaurant sits on the top of a hill in Davao and at night you can see a spectacular view of the city lights.

The food and service was excellent. The prices were extremely reasonable also. I would strongly recommend this as a must experience restaurant and on our next trip to Davao we will go there moer than once.

Favorite Dish: This trip wasn't quite as pleasant as my previous visit. They were out of two items, those I did order were sub-standard. The service was also a problem. They wanted me to order all of my food at once. No. That's unacceptable. Once I set them on the correct path, everything was mostly OK, as far as the service went. They had a real problem getting COLD beverages (water & Diet Coke) to me in a timely manner.

Harana's: Best Barbecue in Davao

by Iluv2surf2 Written Apr 9, 2007

This restaurant was an incredible value. I bought dinner for 5 adults & 3 kids for less than $25. The food was exceptional and the service was even better!

I loved the fact they had an incredible childrens play area where they could play, as long as they were supervised by someone responsible. It was a great combination!

Favorite Dish: Almost anything barbecued.

Dencia's Restaurant: Davao's Finest

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 5, 2007

Dencia's Restaurant inside

For the finest in elegant white table cloth dinning, Dencia's is the destination you'll be glad you experienced. This restaurant will apeal to both locals, Filipinas and those of us from the Western world. The foods will appeal to almost anyone, and have a strong appeal to the locals.

The service is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful. They strive to accomodate even very large groups of people without a reservation. Tipping is NOT allowed.

Favorite Dish: Try the lumpia shanghai (which is really unique), fried chicken, Canton chopped suey, and pork adobo are fabulous! They even have diet coke!

• magin624's Profile Photo

Antichi Sapori Ristorante: Are you in the mood for some hearty Italian Food?

by magin624 Written Apr 3, 2007

dining set up

warm and cozy ambiance ,reminiscent an italian setting. As you dine here, sit back and enjoy the traditional italian decor of paintings, soft glowing candle light and chianti bottles as you listen to music of the famous classical Boccelli and Pavarotii and some Italian songs of Mina, Celentano, Zuccnero and Eros Ramazzoti on its background...

So if you want homemade ,quality food and personalized service on a very reasonable prices prepared to order by the only Italian Chef in Davao, Chef Fabrizio? Then come to this place.Its a must see restaurant. Its perfect for families, special events,food trip or just a good old fashioned meal.

Favorite Dish: Tagliatelle I Fughi e Noci..a fresh homeade pasta with fresh mushroom, walnuts and cream.
    Risotto Al Tartufo Nero..Italian Rice with Black Italian Truffle & Mushroom Cream
    14 diameter Napoli Pizza

• Wine Tasting

• eversure's Profile Photo

Claude's: Ladidah restaurant

by eversure Updated Mar 12, 2007

I think its more hodgepodge European than real French food. Ambiance very cozy although it reeks of pretentiousness. If you like the kiss in the air crowd, then you'll feel at home here. I had bolognaise which was so watery it tasted like watered down ketchup. Minestrone was likewise very watery and not at all hearty. Their coffee was very fluffy. Not a restaurant for the serious gourmand.

• Business Travel

• dobbyibanez's Profile Photo

ASEYA BISTRO: NICE TASTY AND GOOD VALUE

by dobbyibanez Written Feb 6, 2007

Its a Hhotel restaurant but not hotel owned. The name says bistro but it doesn't have a bistro atmosphere. Just recently renovated (i can still sense a faint smell of fresh paint) theres a lot of pilipino food and its darn good as well as a selection of japanese, thai and other asian dishes. (The owner wife is half japanese born and raised in japan and the husband is a certified foody) The food is very very affordable to the business traveler at one dollar for a good sandwhich to 3 dollars for a seafood kamameshi with imported japanese rice. The place is light and airy. The piped in music is soft and non obstrusive) Very clean and the waiter very hospitable.

I liked the chicken kamameshi which is a kettle cooked rice with minced chicken on top, the rice is definitely japanese and it is served in the authentic kamameshi container, try also the Phad thai noodles and the papaya salad as well as thier sinigang soups

Favorite Dish: I like the chicken kamameshi but the phad thai is a very close copy of the ones you get in bangkok streets so I also like it.

• Business Travel

• Antichi Sapori Ristotante Italiano: A real Italian

by fabrizio55 Written Sep 17, 2006

I am Italian living in italy. I work around the world and i try a new Italian restaurant in Davao; called Antichi Sapori Ristorante. The menu is good and the special offer by Chef Fabrizio are very high quality. The level of the food are very good and the chef very accomodating. The pizza is very big and good. I can say that this place can compite with ,any restaurant in Italy.

Favorite Dish: Is many i try The tagliatelle with Truffle & Mush room are very taste and creamy. The penne with Sundry Tomatoes and Shrimps are mouthwatering. And the meat. the Tenderlion served in many different sauce from Green Pepper sauce to Artichokes or Mushroom Sauce cook really as you ask.

• Wine Tasting

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Harana Restaurant: Take your pick!

by yellowbell Updated Apr 10, 2006

With the Training Dept

There are 3 different restaurants in this one big gazebo-like complex, one serving grilled food (open-air restaurant), the other one Mongolian food and the one which I visited serve local food like crispy pata (deep fried pork knuckles), calamari and longganiza (sausage).

As you can see in the picture, everyone is drinking coconut water juice straight from its source!

In the garden, there is a small playland for kids.

Harana is a local term for serenade.

Instant Answers: Davao

Comments

Davao Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Davao restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Davao sightseeing.