Davao Things to Do

so relaxing...
    by orlina8

Best Rated Things to Do in Davao

• mauiiperry's Profile Photo

Nature Tripping at the Heart of Davao? Visit GAP!

by mauiiperry Updated May 22, 2014

Nature Trip in the city? GAP Farming Resort

GAP FARMING RESORT, DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES.

A new place to unwind and enjoy the beautiful scenery of nature with an educational twist!

LAND of PROMISE, Holla!

I can't stop from snapping photos during my tour around the place. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise that our flight was cancelled in Cagayan due to bad weather, and rebooked it in Davao. We need to travel for 10 long hours just to catch our flight the following day. Flight was scheduled in the afternoon so we have a free time in the morning to visit the place. So I thought of GAP, my friends could get to experience GAP’s beauty, Thank God for a bright sunny day.

Upon entering the place, you can see a big farmer riding a carabao. Say cheese. Picture time! then, traditional folk song serenading the place. My friends can’t help their smartphones from capturing the places. There’s a huge imprint of the phrase “Land of Promise” at the resort turf, and you can see it while you’re on a plane.

It’s like going to a theme park, just scratch the rides. hehe! But they do have horseback riding and cangga ride. My friend, Marrielle experienced her first Horseback riding in Gap. Kuya Manong is very kind as well as the other staff of the resort.

We saw a big pool too, so if you want to splash some fun under the sun? You can take a dip on their huge pool. Also, they have a kiddie pool for kiddos and kids at heart haha!

We were like kids running around the place, and for kids they will learn a lot from this place, different kinds of animals, Philippine History, Past Philippine Presidents, Filipino Ancestors and even Philippine Folklore like Juan Tamad, Aswang, Kapre and many more. One of the places that I really like in here is the Japanese cave, with a giant cyclop inside.

Greenery in the heart of the Davao City, the place has a numerous trees and plants around the place. Find a perfect spot under the tree, chill and breathe fresh air, things that you can't do in Manila. Perfect place for picnic and bonding with your family, and for my friends a perfect place to take some good photos and #SELFIE! Hehe!

Worry to spend too much in this place? na-ah ah. Entrance fee is very affordable around 40 pesos, and I'm sure that the other activity at GAP is within a reasonable price.

Furthermore, I suggest this place for school trip and company outings too.

Sounds exciting? Try to visit GAP Farming! A perfect place to relax and learn at the same time.

It’s more fun with GAP Orchard Resort. Thank you for making our short stay at Davao worthwhile!

Photos taken by Maurize Peralta, thats me (January, 2014) :D

#CapturedByMauiiPerry

• IamPam's Profile Photo

Get your adrenaline rush at Maxima

by IamPam Updated Aug 28, 2012

If you're looking for something different, try visiting the Maxima Aqua fun Eagle view and Canopy Walk. It is a resort beside a mountain where you can enjoy a water slide to the sea, couple of diving boards, canopy walk, jet ski, banana boat and other water sports. The water in Maxima is deep, so deep that we were not allowed to swim without a life vest.

What I liked best about the resort is their tarpaulin water slide. I never seen a water slide in a beach, it was so unique that I tried it six times! I also tried their diving board, I never knew that walking the plank was so scary, I have to muster 10x my regular courage just to jump the plank!

At the main entrance Me at their signage This is how the resort looks like from above The diving board The water slide
    • Water Sports

Relax at Blue Waters Resort

by IamPam Written Jul 23, 2012

We were supposed to go to Pearl Farm on our second day but we missed their boat (We were so tired on our first day ok? hehe) So what we did was to go to another resort in Samal Island which is The Blue Waters Resort.

Situated right across the pier of Pearl Farm, it boast of two infinity pools and a beach front. We went there on a Monday so we basically have the resort to ourselves which is fine because lying there on their beach chair uninterrupted was the most relaxing thing ever! They also serve sumptuous food which is just perfect without breaking the bank

Me on their infinity pool Blue Waters Accomodation Their beachfront Inifinity pool Restaurant

Walk around and breathe fresh air at Jack's Ridge

by IamPam Updated Aug 28, 2012

When we went to Jack's Ridge, it reminded me of John Hay in Baguio and when we saw the sky line of Davao, it reminded me of Tagaytay. But what John Hay and Tagaytay doesn't have is the pool.

My friend who tour us said that Jack Ridge is Davao's favorite wedding place. I would have to agree with them, the place is not only photogenic it's also romantic. We happened to see a lot of lovers on a date when we visited--I guess a lot of love story was made there.

Jack's Ridge The Pool Jack Ridge also has local art carvings Davao Skyline Taken at the Rotonda
    • National/State Park

• agamuhlach1925's Profile Photo

Cafe Louise in Buhangin Davao City

by agamuhlach1925 Written May 1, 2010

If you are within the area, dont hesitate to visit the cafe. A 100% satisfaction guarantee with value for money will be experienced!

Things to look forward............
    1.) FREE WIFI! (just ask the servers for the password of the day!)

2.) Widest Gastronomical Delights i've ever seen in a very small resto..
    They Have Fried Chicken Section, Sizzling Menu, Tapsi Menu & The International Cafe Menu.

Food Ranging from 28pesos (value meals) To Gourmet Specials of Monte Cristo, Southern Fried Chicken, Hungarian Penne Pesto & Local Specialties.

And don't dare to forget some dessert goodies! Blueberry Cheesecake, Raspberry Moose, Fried Ice Cream & MORE>>>>>>>>>

3.) Beverages is available for whatever You May Have in Mind!

Cold BEERS, Wines, Liquors, Juices, Specialty Drinks - PINK INDIAN is a MUST TRY! & of course your Coffee Selections from Brewed to Frappes..

SOUNDS GOOD... Taste is even BETTER!

Just along Diversion Road... 8minutes away from Davao Airport! BESIDE GREENBANK of Buhangin.. You can call them at 082 - 2410347

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Wild Zipline at Mt. Apo

by heydelin Updated Feb 16, 2013

See the mountains of Mt. Apo, ride a habal habal, feel the rush of the wind while on the zipline. Really cool. :)

There were few tourists at the camp since it was a weekday. One of the staff was nice enough to take pictures of me while on the zipline.

The first one I tried is the 380 meter-ride.The zipline at Camp Sabros offers the great view of lush greeneries of Mt. Apo.

Second ride is 400 meter long

Zipline at Camp Sabros zipline lovely pine trees zipline rides prices accomodation prices
    • Mountain Climbing
    • Adventure Travel

• orlina8's Profile Photo

davaO crocodile park...

by orlina8 Written May 26, 2008

see crawling baby crocodile ...
    its a mini zoo & playground for kids & adults alike...
    expect to see birDs , monkey , ostricH and a lot more....
    enjoy ur time here!!!!!!!
    kids will have fUn in this place....

• nixca316's Profile Photo

with TV, Air Con, hot and cold bath

Deluxe- PhP 2,900
    with TV, Air Con, toilet and bath

Standard Room-PhP 2,300
    with ceiling fan, toilet and bath

Family Romm PhP 600/pax
    4 rooms, air con, toilet and bath
    Capacity:20 minimum, 40 maximum

Check-in time: 4pm
    Checkout time: 12:00nn

Rates are inclusive of tax and service charge

Day tour: PhP 125/pax (Adults/Kids)

For inquiries call:

Paradise Island Park and Beach Resort
    +6382 3028168

AQUASPORTS:

Diving, Jet ski Riding, Snorkeling, Sea Scooter, & Banana Boat Riding

For inquiries and reservations call:

+6382 3028168
    +639192084405

For other tips check this out too:

Lakwatsera Ako:Paradise Island Beach Resort, Samal Island

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Water Sports

Paradise Island Trip 3

by Iluv2surf2 Updated May 18, 2007

I guess I continue to go back to this place each time we go to Davao because my wife really loves it there. I love the beauty, but I really don't like how these people run their business. There is a real lack of integrity. Let me explain.

We were there as overnight guests, but were also part of a larger group of day trippers. Each group has certain restrictions. The reason for the restriction is the ownership/management of Paradise Island Resort wants to extract as much money as possible from their guests. I don't have a problem with making money, that's the American way and the way of a free economy.

What I objected to was my wife and I needed our room for our use. We were told repeatedly the room wasn't ready, even when it was well beyond a normal and usual check in time. It only became ready when the day guests left. Essentially, they repeatedly lied to us.

No doubt it is beautiful there, but I wish they were honest. So what if a day guests comes to our room and uses the shower or toilet or watches tv, which is the orst I've seen anywhere in the Philippines.

Paradise Island Paradise Island Group

Araw ng Davao

by Iluv2surf2 Updated May 23, 2007

This is a parade and festival which generally celebrated the multicultural diversity of the people living in and around Davao City. This great city has several "native" groups like the Bogobo, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and many diverse religious groups from Christian & Catholic to pagan and false religions like Taoism and Islam which were represented.

The parade is impressive because all groups, ethnic, special interest (education & business) and of course government related groups are all there. There were two things that impressed me about this parade. One was the length. This was a four hour long parade. I'm sure the parade route wasn't 4 miles long, but it lasted 4 hours!

The other thing I was impressed with was there were handicapped people walking in this parade. These folks had a variety of handicapping conditions, but they were WALKING, NOT RIDING A FLOAT. Maybe they are still in the fight for equality, but the sense I came away with that these people were not asking for any SPECIAL accommodations, treatment or privledges, only the same and equal treatment. They have my full respect.

Araw ng Davao Colorful Costumes Araw ng Davao Rizal College Float Araw ng Davao High Heels Araw ng Davao Immigration Bureau Araw ng Davao Cowboy Hats

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Nature Trip At Eden Nature Park

by JaneCajuguiran Written May 28, 2007

Eden features a man-made forest. Although there are but a few places that can be reached by private cars, you can't go around the park using your own vehicle. As an alternative, Eden provides transportation to be able to go about the 33 or so hectares of the park. Getting into the park and taking a hike is no problem. But if you'd like to take the vehicle, better call them ahead of time and get a reservation. Once there, register for the tour right away as it gets pretty full. But if you're staying there for the night, they provide a special vehicle for billeted guests who are given top priority for the tour.

• Eco-Tourism

• eversure's Profile Photo

Try the king of the fruits at Durian Park

by eversure Written Sep 16, 2007

This is an open air dirt floor area where you can try all the varieties of durian. Personally I like Native but my friend swears by Arancillo. According to him it is like an orgasm.

Water and sodas also sold. Nothing fancy. All hotels don't allow you to bring in durian so this is a perfect place to enjoy the fruit.

choices

Crocodile Park

by Iluv2surf2 Updated May 13, 2007

This is a park whose theme is around crocodiles. They have other animals, birds and even a 5 legged cow, probably from Chernobyle Farms!!!

These crocs are BIG. I'm amazed how big they are. A full grown croc could eat Josh & me with little effort.

A civit bit me while I was there. I got my hand to close to the cage and the bars were just far enough apart that it got it's head out and nipped me. Fortunately, my skin wasn't broken so rabies wasn't an issue.

Croc in cage next to Josh This one's a real beauty, but I'm No Steve Irwin! Josh riding a croc model 5 legged cow Croc Park bird
    • Zoo

• spongebob71's Profile Photo

Edens Nature Park

by spongebob71 Written Feb 27, 2007

Only my second time out to the Philippines. My girlfriend and her family took me out to Eden Nature Park. I loved it. I am a nature person so I loved just roaming around the trees and fresh air. There are several areas where you can explore the grounds. There is a restaurant on site. some of the activities include: horseback riding, fishing, swimming, hiking and just plain relaxing.

Fish caught at the fishing pond - Edens Nature Pk
    • National/State Park

Philippine Eagle

by Iluv2surf2 Written Apr 5, 2007

Everyone wanting a truly unique experience should go to the Philippine Eagle. The beauty at this wildlife sancutary is breath taking. If you like walking looking at beautiful flowers in peaceful surrounds then this is the place for you.

There are 2 separate fees to pay for admission. They don't amount to much but are well worth it.

A View From Philippine Eagle Path to an ampatheater Inside the ampatheater Family picture by a stand of bamboo Evelyn and Grace with pink flowers

Instant Answers: Davao

Comments

Davao Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Davao things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Davao sightseeing.