Pearls and trinkets
If you're approached by pearl and trinket peddlers, dont immediately send the signal that you're interested because chances are the trinkets are overpriced by at least 50%.
Bargain hard. Bid 50% lower than original pricing. If you're lucky, you might hit a good deal.
Unique Suggestions: Bargain, bargain, bargain.
Fun Alternatives: Dont immediately buy. Check several peddlers before committing to buy.Related to:
- Budget Travel
GAP Farming Resort
I posted this as an answer to a query posted by VT member Joysweet. I'm posting it here again to warn others.
GAP Farm was a big disappointment to me. I expected lush greenery and orchards. What i found are bedraggled grass, badly maintained shubbery, general sense of decay and a locked miniscule cage of orchids.
For the price of admission (P20/pax) I shouldn't really complain. I got what I paid for. :)
Unique Suggestions: Several things redeemed this otherwise doomed visit:
1. I found a local version of Tim Scott's sculputure "The Awakening" there, translated as a giant reclining Juan Tamad. :)
2. There's also a section of statues dedicated to figures in Philippine Folklore (Tikbalang, Aswang, Manananggal, etc.).
3. They do have a big pool that you can use for a minimal fee (P50, i think).
4. I finally learnt what i real durian tree looked like.Related to:
- Budget Travel
Davao City Hotels
The hotel has seen better days and its cost-cutting measures were obvious – from the rough toilet...more
C.M. Recto Highway, Clark Field, San Fernando Pampanga, Luzon, 2009, Philippines
Good for: Business
Damosa Gateway Complex, Mamay Rd, Lanang, Davao, 8000, Philippines
Good for: Couples
Top Davao City Hotels
Explore the World
- Pacific Palisades Hotels
- New York City
- Surabaya Hotels
- Chiang Mai
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Prince Edward Island Hotels