Places to eat in Iligan City

• the diner I will frequent when in the city
    the diner I will frequent when in the...
    by crisgastardo
    try also their compacted fruit salad
    by crisgastardo
    I can still smell it, taste it!

Most Viewed Restaurants in Iligan City

Sulen Coffee Shop: New For 2015 Sulen Coffee Shop

by BobNewYork Updated Jul 13, 2015

Located next to the lobby entrance of Elena Tower Inn, the interior of Sulen Coffee Shop began construction in late 2014 and held its grand opening early in 2015 with all of the equipment, furnishings etc. brand new and beautiful. The wall murals which I presume are custom hand painted present a very nice appearance.

At the time of my visit in April 2015 there are about 10 tables inside with 4 additional tables in sectioned off areas on the exterior. The interior is air conditioned and found to be a pleasant break from the heat of the afternoon sun.

A nice variety of coffee variations and smoothies are available along with generously sized pieces of cake, pastry and other items that will well satisfy your sweet tooth. At the time of my visit the only food offering was spaghetti carbonara. Take out coffee is also available. Many times when I have coffee in The Philippines, instead of milk or cream being available, powdered coffee creamer is given. At Sulen, I asked for milk to add to my regular cup of coffee and it was immediately brought to my table.

For guests staying at Elena Tower Inn, there is an interior connecting door from the lobby to Sulen Coffee Shop making it very convenient.

The service was excellent and everything appeared to be orderly and very clean.

Hours of operation are presently 7 AM to 11 PM

Off street parking is available.

Favorite Dish: Regular brewed coffee and layer cake. The slice of cake was generous compared to similar places I have been to.

Sulen Coffee Shop, Iligan City Outdoor Tables Nice variety of coffee configurations. Partial view of the interior A very enjoyable visit

MarRo's Cocina Restobar: Enjoyable Meals at MarRo's at "The Strip", Pala-O

by BobNewYork Written Jun 29, 2015

Long time Iligan City caterer MarRo's who opened their first restaurant location a couple of years ago has now opened their second restaurant in Barangay Pala-O at the ever popular area known as " The Strip " ( see separate review for " The Strip in Pala-O ).

This easily accessible street side location has two dining areas and a very nice bar in between them. Patrons are welcomed with a nice entrance with lounge style seating.

MarRo's offers a mixed cuisine menu and a wide variety of beverages which will please visitors and tourists as well as local residents who have found this restaurant to be a favorite.

There are about a dozen tables and it is suitable for family dining. Lunch and dinner is served during the operating hours of 10 AM to 10 PM.

I had a very enjoyable dinner here with local friends and look forward to dining here again on future visits.

The food was good and served in a reasonable amount of time by the polite and friendly wait staff. The restaurant was clean and appeared very well maintained.

MarRo's Cocina Restobar, Pala-O, Iligan City I enjoyed dining here Main Dining Area Bar Area Polite and Friendly Wait Staff Ready to Serve You

The Strip: " The Strip " in Pala-O Iligan City

by BobNewYork Updated May 24, 2015

A few years in the making, The Strip in Pala-O continues to grow and expand to the delight of locals and visitors alike. It would take several visits to enjoy each of the many offerings of this indoor and outdoor type food court. Starting with several conventional storefront type restaurants , one of which is a resto-bar for the enjoyment of your favorite liquid refreshment. A family style restaurant sits right beside it. There is a traditional ( western style ) 24 hour convenience store. Between the two street facing restaurants and the 24 hour store is a walkway that will lead you to an ever growing outdoor food court on its own parcel of land.

Calda Pizza is one of the first that I remember to occupy this outdoor food court area several years ago and I went there a few months after it opened. A 36 inch diameter pizza available in many varieties headlines the menu at Calda. Since the first year, the outdoor area has been better graded and now has a nice lawn area with brick sidewalks. Larger awnings offer shade from the sun and shield from rain making it much more pleasant than before.

For true and authentic meals cooked on an outdoor open grill, Red Planet Grillers is a good choice featuring a nice variety of meals cooked on the outdoor grill.

Flamoo is another nice restaurant of this food court featuring many flame broiled favorites done Flamoo style. I had a very enjoyable meal here and I am sure if flame broiled beef is to your liking you will have a most satisfactory time here. Indoor and outdoor dining available.

An Ice Cream sandwich shop opened in 2012 featuring ice cream specialties and a light meal menu. Great if you are just looking for a simple meal or sandwich shop entree followed with a multitude of Ice Cream delights. Very cool and refreshing in the tropical climate.

On my visit of 2013 a fish fry eatery and a bread bakery were in the process of being established but not in operation at the time of my visit. In the evening there was live musical entertainment for the delight of diners at the many out door tables. It is not difficult to visualize when the entire perimiter of this nice outdoor area will be surrounded with food and dining places of many kinds. " The Strip " at Pala-O is well worth the visit and bring your appetite with you.

Streetside, across the street from " The Strip " in a place locally know as the AMS Bar, you can hear the talents of many of the local Independent Iligan Bands playing making a visit to this part of the city a dining and entertainment pleasure. This area is accesable by jeepney and taxi. If going by taxi just tell the driver to take you to " The Strip at Pala-O " and they will know the way to get you there in a few short minutes. Best time to go is in the late afternoon and early evening.

( UPDATE ) April 2015

Mar Ro's Cocina has opened up their second restaurant in Iligan City at " The Strip " in Pala-O. This street side location features Filipino Meals of many varieties. Beverages of your choice are available. The food was great, the restaurant very clean and inviting and the service was good. Well worth checking it out. ( a separate review for this restaurant coming soon ).

Favorite Dish: Calda Pizza, home of the 36 inch diameter Pizza, available in many varieties. Smaller sizes available of course. Flamoo for flame broiled favorites and local specialties. Ice Cream Factory for a cool sweet and refreshing dessert. If you prefer coctails with your dinner Silvestros is just the place and for family style dining Chrisven is a good choice as well.

Silvestros Resto-Bar Home of the 36 inch Pizza ( other sizes avaialble) Flame Broiled Beef traditional and specialties Ice Cream and Sandwich Shop

• BobNewYork's Profile Photo

The Iliganon: Best Pizza I have had in decades !

by BobNewYork Updated May 18, 2015

Many of the places that attract my attention in Iligan City are derived from viewing pictures and videos of them on the Internet and The Iliganon was no exception to this. Located just outside of the busy downtown area of Iligan in barangay Pala-o it provides a relaxing atmosphere for enjoying the beverage of your choice and a very nice meal.

As I would consider this a traditional restaurant with a wide variety of Filipino items on the menu this is what I anticipated to be an enjoyable experience and it certainly was. Since the first pictures I had seen of The Iliganon a few years prior to my visit, they had since added a rather complete Pizza Menu which attracted my attention. Although I did enjoy a traditional Filipino beef item I just couldn't keep my eyes off the pizza menu.

As I was enjoying lunch with some of my Filipino friends it got to the point where I just could not hold back any longer and ordered a large pizza. As we finished our initial lunch order the pizza was delivered to our table. I picked up the first slice and took a bite out of it and then another and without hesitation I commented to my friends " I think we should order another one of these Pizzas !

I can not say for certain if it was the cheese, the sauce, the crust or the entire combination of all of the ingredients that must have triggered something in my memory from many years ago. They just don't make pizza like this where I live any more. You can be certain I shall be returning to The Iliganon for Pizza on each visit I make to Iligan City !

There are several dining areas in this restaurant including a bar - coctail lounge, the main dining room and an outdoor patio area. I enjoyed my lunch in the coctail lounge which is air conditioned and provides a cozy ambience. Everything appeared clean and orderly, the service was excellent and the food had that home cooked flavor and aroma.

As it was approaching mid-afternoon when I visited The Iliganon it was not too busy which provided time for a nice conversation with the owner. The hospitality was great and although I had originally intended to spend only about an hour here it turned into a 2 hour visit of which I enjoyed every minute of it.

( UPDATE )
    On a visit to Iligan City in late 2010 I once again visited The Iliganon not once, but twice in two consecutive days for lunch, Pizza of course, and it tasted just as I had remembered it from the year before. Same great hospitality and enjoyable conversation.

( UPDATE )
    On a visit to Iligan City in April 2015 I once again visited The Iliganon. The bar / coctail lounge has been enlarged. A new air conditioned dining room has been added. The street in front of The Iliganon has been widened. Many of the plants and other foliage that were in front of the place have been removed giving the building a slightly different look. ( see my updated pic ) . Same very popular restaurant, same great pizza and other food, under the same ownership.

Iligan City

Simply Amazing !

Favorite Dish: Pizza !

Street View as of April 2015 Iligan City, a great place to visit ! 2 return visits in 2010. I love the Pizza here

Homebrew Cafe: Country Dining Without Leaving The City

by BobNewYork Written May 18, 2015

Situated within the city and just a few hundred meters from the Iligan North ( Tambo ) bus terminal on Andrada Avenue ( Del Carmen ) you will find The Homebrew Cafe in a relatively quiet and peaceful setting giving you the effect of real country dining.

After its first year and a half of operation by Mrs. Erla Tan this unique restaurant has achieved a loyal following by locals and visitors. As much as the name might imply to some, it is not a micro-brewery. The name " Homebrew " was chosen as most all of the food it offers is home made right on the premises which is something quite unusual these days. A wide selection of light meals as shown on the menu chalk board is sure to please just about anyone and visitors from other parts of the world are sure to find many familiar items on offer. Beverages of many kinds are available including home made house specials that may just not be available elsewhere. The food is well prepared and attractively served.

The Homebrew Cafe is not fully enclosed on the front and sides so it is not air conditioned but on many days a nice refreshing breeze, adding to the country like atmosphere of this restaurant can be quite pleasing. The metal grillwork on the front and sides enhances the decor.

In addition to the indoor dining area, covered tables and chairs are available in the terraced outdoor dining area on one side of the building. Restroom ( comfort room ) facilities are clean, well equipped and fully supplied at the time of my visits.

The Homebrew Cafe is a place that I will look forward to on my future visits to Iligan City. If you want to " get away from it all " for a pleasant country like dining experience without leaving the city I would highly recommend this place. Off street parking is available.

Hours of operation as posted on my visit of April 2015
    Monday to Thursday 11 AM to 9 PM
    Friday and Saturday 11 AM to 10PM
    Sunday 2 PM to 9PM

Favorite Dish: Ham Sandwich ( wedge ) One of the best tasting Ham Sandwiches I have had anywhere
    French Fries
    Pancakes

The Homebrew Cafe, Iligan CIty Menu Boards with a great selection to choose from Outdoor Dining Area A Country Like View Across The Street An Evening Meal With Friends

Mar Ro's Cocina: Nice Traditional Filipino Restaurant

by BobNewYork Written Feb 9, 2015

For many years Mar Ro's has run a very successful catering business in the downtown area of iligan City. Last year they opened a separate restaurant at the same location serving lunch and dinner.

The restaurant and catering hall are a second floor walk up location so I would not consider it aplicable for handicapped individuals.

I visited this restaurant on several occasions for dinner and also for a birthday celebration. This restaurant has a traditional Filipino menu and a nice variety of beverages. The food was good along with the service to match. It was not crowded when I was there so it made for a very pleasant and enjoyable time with friends.

This restaurant is located directly opposite to the Plaza Alemania Hotel ( see review for this elsewhere on this website ) . The street level entrance takes you up a flight of stairs and the restaurant is right at the top of the stairway.

Favorite Dish: A combination of beef and vegetables but I can not remember the Filipino name for it.

Mar Ro's  Restaurant, Iligan City At The Top Of The Stairs Dining Area  ( partial ) Dining Area  ( partial ) A Very Tasty and Well Prepared Dinner

Gerry's Grill: An Instant Hit in Iligan City

by BobNewYork Updated Jan 15, 2015

The removal of former buildings that occupied this site and construction of an all new purpose built building for Gerry's Grill created quite a bit of excitement in Iligan City long before the grand opening in mid year 2014. Gerry's is an international restaurant chain that is quite popular where ever they decide to locate another restaurant. Iligan is no exception to this which made Gerry's Grill in Iligan an instant hit since the day it first opened for business.

Located along the popular Tibanga Highway at Balite Drive this location is an easy find if you are driving. Public transportation such as Taxi, Jeepney and Pedicab are also easily available. Handicap access is provided by a ramp from the parking area to the main entrance and all dining is on the ground floor including a very nice but separate Bar area.

Up to 25 tables are available in the main dining area which appeals to family style dining as well as small groups, couples and individuals. The dining area is smoke free and there is a smoking permitted area in the separated Bar where meals can also be ordered and enjoyed should you desire. Full bar service with beverages of your choice are also available. My non-smoking friends that went with me to Gerry's Grill on more than one occasion could not detect any odors of smoke in any part of the main dining area. The entire restaurant is air conditioned with separate ventilation for the Bar area.

My first visit to Gerry's Grill was near the peak of the dinner hour which I would say is about from 7 to 9 PM. There was only one table available and we were seated by one of the very welcoming and polite wait staff. As we were given menus our server informed us that it may take about 20 minutes before we could expect to be served as it was a very busy time in the evening. Our beverage order was delivered to our table within minutes and about 15 minutes later our entire dinner order was on the table.

I enjoyed a very nicely cooked Steak with veggies and of course plenty of rice, followed by a very refreshing Halo Halo. I had planned on taking pictures of our table with the food on it but it was so attractively served on the Gerry's monogrammed plates and dishware I forgot all about the camera until we had consumed all of the food in front of us. With such a wide variety of meals and individual items for order on the menu ( see website link ) it is not difficult to realize how Gerry's Grill has built up so many regular customers in a short amount of time. I found the home style cooking from a franchised restaurant to be quite unique.

The second floor consists of three function rooms for small to moderate sized catered affairs, business meetings and conferences.

There is a limited amount of off street parking.

I visited Gerry's Grill several times on my 2014 visit to Iligan City for meals and an evening enjoyed with friends in the bar area. I would highly recommend this restaurant to tourists and visitors.

The rest rooms are clean and well supplied, the staff provides great service with a smile with a welcoming greeting as you enter.

Favorite Dish: Grilled steak, medium-well just the way I like it with veggies and rice. Halo halo and Leche Flan for desert.

Gerry's Grill, Iligan City Main Entrance, Gerry's Grill, Iligan City Ordering Dinner with Iliganon Friends Enjoying a San Miguel Light in the Bar area Gerry's At Night

Amigos Cafe: A Pleasant Dining Experience at Amigos Cuisine

by BobNewYork Updated Jan 13, 2015

Amigos Cuisine Restaurant is located on Chelina Arcade which is a walkway that parallels one side of the Elena Tower Inn and Red Ribbon Bakery on Tibanga highway.

At first glance the name implied to me that Amigos Cafe was a totally Mexican style restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find a wide variety of meals, beverages and deserts on their menu. The main dining area of this air conditioned restaurant consists of about 10 tables with additional tables on an upstairs level. Outdoor tables and seating are also available in front of this fine restaurant.

Upon entering for the first time I was welcomed by the very polite and courteous wait staff. As I am not really into fired up spicy meals I was quite surprised to find such a wide variety of meals available. I can not always remember the names and description of all Filipino meals although over time I have learned a few of the most common ones. I ordered something that looked very appetizing on the menu and it has become a favorite that brought me back for a second and third visit to Amigos Cuisine on my 2014 stay in Iligan City. The meal consisted of strips of steak and a variety of veggies with a sauce served up on a sizzling platter. As I previously mentioned I do not care for fired up highly spiced food as I feel the heavy use of spices covers up the taste of the food itself. The food to spice balance of the meal I had was just right for me and tasted delicious. I was so impressed, a few nights later I brought some local friends with me for more of the same.

Meals at Amigos Cuisine are all made fresh and to order so you may wait a bit longer as compared to production line style meal preparation of items that have been on a steam table for hours and hours. This is not the case at Amigos Cuisine.

This restaurant was clean, fresh and bright with a very welcoming atmosphere. WiFi is available and a wide variety of your choice of beverages.

Anigos Cuisine recently celebrated their first year anniversary. It has become very popular with locals and visitors.

Favorite Dish: I can not remember the name of the Filipino Dinner that I enjoyed. It consisted of strips of Steak with veggies on a sizzling platter. For me it became an " Instant Favorite ". See the pics. Not over spiced it was just right for me.

Amigos Cuisine Restaurant, Iligan City Veiw from the side of Elena Tower Inn Item on lower right became an Instant Favorite Very pleasant wait staff welcomes your arrival For my 2nd visit I brought some friends

Tita Fannies ( Original Location ): The One That Started Them All

by BobNewYork Updated Sep 6, 2014

On a previous visit I enjoyed dinner at Tita Fannies location ( Consunji Branch ) at the Gaisano Mall. My visit of 2013 gave me the desire to experience the Original Tita Fannies on Zamora Street which is just behind local landmark Saint Michaels Church, to experience authentic Filipino Dining in an appropriate setting. The front of this restaurant is open so it is not air conditioned although evening dining can be quite pleasant in the open air atmosphere.

It would appear that this location may be at the convergence of several jeepney routes which makes easy access on one jeepney ride from various points of this part of the city.

Arriving at 7 PM which I believe is at the height of the Dinner Hour, there was one table vacant and I was immediately seated. My first experience of food from Tita Fannies was in the form of a take out I experienced several visits before and it developed into a personal favorite. Without hesitation I ordered " Bila-o Overload " which to me translates to what I call a " Tita Fannies Combo Platter " as it contains a selection of some of the most popular menu items. I had looked forward to this since my previous visit of one year ago. I concluded this dining experience with another tita Fannies specialty, Halo Halo sa Buko, a traditional Filipino treat done Tita Fannie style.

It appears that this restaurant represents true Filipino style family dining as in some parts of the dining area tables had been pushed together and were occupied by families all appearing to be enjoying themselves.

With well over a decade of pleasing locals and visitors from near and far away places, Tita Fannies has been opening branch locations in other parts of Iligan City, Cagayan De Oro, Manila and additional places in The Philippines. It would not surprise me that in future years an International division will be established.

I would not hesitate to recommend Tita fannies original Zamora Street location to any visitor to Iligan for a truly traditional dining experience.

Tita fannies is the recipient of a 2013 " Quality Service Award " from the City of Iligan.

UPDATE: As of September 2014 Tita Fannies has announced Free WiFi in all of their locations

Favorite Dish: Bila-O Overload offers a good sampling of some of Tita Fannies most popular menu items. Good for two or possibly more people. Top that off with a Halo Halo sa Buko and you will not have to worry about walking away hungry !

Tita Fannies Original Location E - Z  Access by Jeepney Top Off your meal with a Halo Halo Sa Buko ! Tita Fannies, Zamora St. at Dinner Time Bila-O  Overload,  My favorite !
    • School Holidays

McDonalds Iligan, Tibanga Branch: Wherever You Go You'll Find McDo

by BobNewYork Written Jan 23, 2014

Still under construction on my visit of 2012, one year later this latest McDonalds location in Iligan City was in full round the clock operation. Prominently located on the ever popular Tibanga Highway it is directly opposite Elena Tower Inn and Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology, a Top Ten Philippines University. It is not difficult to understand how this location has become such a popular place for University Students since its opening early on in 2013.

In addition to universally known and favored menu items, there are some additional menu items that cater to Philippine taste, such as spaghetti and other taste tantalizing delights. The outstanding feature of this restaurant for me was the availability of freshly made coffee on a 24 hour round the clock basis which is not so common in The Philippines as it is in the USA.

Twenty Four hour security at this location provide for easy and secure access at any time of the day or night. I was always greeted with a traditional and welcoming Filipino Smile upon my approach and entrance to McDonalds, Tibanga when I went there for a late night take out coffee. I was surprised when I was asked if I wanted an 8 or 12 ounce coffee as this country is otherwise Metric. A real taste of home in the serving size eliminated any need for mental conversions at the clean, well lit and spacious ordering counter.

There is quite a large table and chair area for those that prefer to dine in and an additional second floor area which can also serve as a meeting space or for party affairs and celebrations. Drive thru service is also available. Everything appeared to be in excellent condition, very clean and well kept including the CR ( restroom ) which was fully equipped, operational and well stocked. Rest Room conditions vary greatly in The Philippines and McDonalds, Tibanga rates amongst the better ones that I have made use of.

Open 24 Hours
    Fresh Brewed Coffee Round The Clock
    Convenient Location
    Clean Fully Functional Rest Rooms
    Off Street Parking

Favorite Dish: My standard Fast food Franchise order consisting of 3 ( regular ) burgers, small fries , pineapple juice or coca-cola. At this particular location it was the availability of fresh brewed coffee round the clock that kept me coming back for more !

McDonalds, Tibanga Branch, Iligan City
    • Study Abroad

Iliganon, Tibanga Branch: Another of Iligans Best Branches Out

by BobNewYork Written Jan 19, 2014

In recent years many of Iligans most famous and popular restaurants have begun establishing branch locations making their desirable offerings available to more people in other parts of this growing city. For many years " The Iliganon " restobar of Pala-O has remained one of the most popular places in the city. In 2013, they established a branch location in the popular Tibanga section ( Barangay ) of the city which continues to be an ever expanding area for restaurants and branch outlets of eateries of all kinds.

The Iliganon, Tibanga Branch is located next to the Elena Tower Hotel in a group of store fronts known as Chelina Arcade and is easily visible from the Hotel lobby main entrance. A somewhat limited but varied menu is available featuring some of the best of the original Iliganon Restaurant and I am sure just about anyone would find something to please their taste at this Tibanga Branch.

I had the pleasure of dining here on several occasions during my visit of 2013. There are about six tables on the ground floor with additional tables on a second level accessed by a spiral stairway. The wait time for your meal may seem a bit longer than you may expect. This is because each meal is individually prepared of fresh ingredients and not something that has been sitting in a steam table for hours. I enjoyed the sizzling steak meal several times. As the Iliganon is famous for its home made pizza and one of my favorite places in Iligan for Pizza, I included one, of one size or another, with each of my meals.

This restaurant was clean and inviting at the times I ate there, always a welcoming smile from the staff added to a pleasurable dining experience. Smoke free dining inside and there are outdoor tables available as well. I look forward to dining here again on my next visit.

Favorite Dish: Sizzling Steak, cooked and seasoned just the way I like it. Home Made style Pizza, something the Iliganon has become famous for. Freshly made Mango Shake, more refreshing than a bottled soft drink.

Iliganon Restaurant, Tibanga Branch Menu may vary although always something good. Place your order here. My favorite table to the left of the order counter Dine in and Take Out service available
    • Study Abroad

• BobNewYork's Profile Photo

Jollibee, Tubod, Iligan: A First in Mindanao and Iligan Has It !

by BobNewYork Updated Jan 10, 2014

The all new " Jollibee Tropical " a first of its kind in Mindanao and at the time of its mid year 2013 opening was the second of its kind in the ever expanding Jollibee Universe. This fourth Jollibee location in Iligan City opened with great excitement and fanfare with much attention from the press, broadcast and internet media.

Not your typical fast food style, the Jollibee Tropical image offers an expanded and multiple dining area interior which encourages families, groups and individuals to relax, take your time and enjoy your meal. That is quite a change from competitive fast food restaurants that may encourage you to gobble down your order and move out for the next customers to place an order and eat.

Jollibee, Tubod, Iligan offers two main indoor dining areas, there is a very nice outdoor breezeway type of area with tables and chairs shaded under a roof that connects to the other side of building. On the other side of the outdoor dining area there are two large rooms that can be used for meetings and catered affairs such as birthday and other such celebrations.

As always the ever expanding Jollibee menu is similar to what you would expect in any of the hundreds of Jollibee locations throughout The Philippines including a variety of burgers, chicken, spaghetti Filipino style, soft drinks, fruit juice drinks, hot dogs Jollibee style, soft ice cream and other desert delights. Items can be individually ordered or ordered in combination value meals.

Jollibee maintains a high standard of cleanliness throughout all of its locations and has some of the best equipped, clean and fully stocked Comfort Rooms ( Rest Rooms ) you will find in The Philippines and at the time of my visit to Jollibee Tubod, Iligan this was plainly obvious.

As with just about all fast food places, regardless of the brand, there are times when the quality of the food is questioned concerning quality and purity and you might wonder where does it all come from. In The Philippines, Jollibee Corp. owns and operates its own centrally located food processing plant, as to insure quality control at all times including rapid distribution to all of its Philippine locations. I have had many Jolli-Meals on my visits to The Philippines and continue to enjoy every one of them.

Jollibee Tropical, Tubod, Iligan

WiFi equipped
    Drive Thru
    Fully Air Conditioned interior
    Meeting / function rooms available
    Outdoor tables

Favorite Dish: Three Yum Burgers, Large fries, Coca-Cola or Pineapple Juice. For me, this is my standard fast food franchise order. At Jollibee I also enjoy Jolli Hot Dogs and for late evenings 2 cups of freshly brewed coffee to go, after enjoying a Jolli Ice Cream Sundae consumed inside. A nice way to top off an evening.

Jollibee Welcomes Me So Many Choices on the Menu Board One of two function rooms that are available covered out door dining area

• BobNewYork's Profile Photo

Zoey Cafe Ubaldo Branch: New From The Ground Up !

by BobNewYork Written Jan 6, 2014

After serving meals to the satisfaction of locals, visitors and tourists for over a decade, Iligans Zoey Cafe has branched out to an additional location. Opening mid year 2013 in an all new purpose built building Zoey Cafe Ubaldo Branch offers two smoke free first floor dining areas, outdoor tables under a roofed porch area and a catering / banquet hall on the upper floor with a capacity up to 120 people. The first floor is Handicapped accessible with a concrete ramp on the left side of the building.

There are tables and chairs on the covered front porch area ( smoking permitted here ) for enjoying beverages, a snack or a complete meal should you desire. There are two first floor dining areas with the main dining room of about a dozen tables. The other section is more like a coffee shop with about an equal amount of tables. As Zoey Cafe Ubaldo Branch offers free WiFi, some of the tables in the coffee shop section have been made slightly lower making it very appropriate for those desiring to share their meal time enjoyment surfing the internet or conducting business on their laptop computers.

Zoey Cafe has always had what I consider to be a most unique menu. It consists of an order blank where you indicate what items you desire and how many of them by marking a space provided for every item available on the menu. Your server will then pick up your order blank menu.

A wide variety of menu items are available of both Filipino and internationally known favorites offering nearly something for everyone. From appetizers, salads, complete meals, sizzling meals, fresh fruit beverages, a wide selection of coffees and much more. The desert menu will encourage you to forget about your diet and just enjoy yourself.

The handicapped equipped and fully functional comfort rooms ( rest rooms ) were found to be fully functional, well supplied and very clean. I enjoyed this restaurant three times during my visit of November 2013 and a fourth time for a catered affair in the upstairs catering hall.

Good friends, good service and great food in a fresh clean and friendly environment make enjoying Zoey Cafe Ubaldo Branch a real pleasure. It is owned and operated by the same family of the original Zoey Cafe in Iligan City.

Fully Air Conditioned
    Smoke Free inside dining
    Handicap Accessible
    WiFi Equipped
    Outdoor tables and chairs on the covered front porch area
    Catering / Banquet facility for up to 120
    Pleasant family style atmosphere
    You can find " Zoey Cafe " on Facebook

Favorite Dish: Sizzling T Bone Steak, Garden Salad, and finalized with a Zoey Cafe Halo Halo for desert and a slice of Carrot cake.

Zoey Cafe Ubaldo Branch, Iligan City A few examples of what awaits you at Zoey Cafe Coffee Shop Section Catering Hall for up to 120 Service Counter with some of the wait staff
    • Disabilities

Jacko's Kan-Anan: A Multitude of Choices

by BobNewYork Updated Feb 3, 2013

After a complete refurbishment in 2012, Jacko's Restaurant in Iligan continues to be a popular place for individuals, families, groups and organizations. There are several separate areas at Jacko's to enjoy a simple and fast meal or a very leisurely and pleasant full meal in one of the indoor dining areas or in the very nice outdoor garden and gazebo. Along with the refurbishment of 2012 came a brand new fully air conditioned function / catering room with a very comfortable capacity of up to 40 people. This restaurant in its full capacity is just slightly over 100.

The food available at Jacko's is nothing short of excellent in both preparation and presentation at the table. I have enjoyed dining at this restaurant on my visits to Iligan in 2011 and 2012 with a group of local friends. On both occasions a variety of food was ordered to be shared by all of us so it provided me the opportunity to get a good sampling of the variety of Filipino items on the menu such as Crispy squid, grilled tuna belly, pork barbecue, adobong bagaybay, lumpia shanghai, Sotanghon Guisado, Pinakbet (Vegetables) and much more. Menu offerings can be viewed on their web page.

The service was excellent, the restaurant is clean and inviting. A wide choice of beverages of all kinds are available including a house special of fruit flavored smoothies, all made from fresh ingredients.

With the addition of the catering room reservations for a private party, wedding reception or business meeting-dinners can easily be arranged for. Take out service, outside catering and delivery are all available. Jacko's has recently been offering an all you can eat buffet affair about once a month ( see their web page for more information and pictures ) .

I look forward to many more pleasureable meals at Jacko's on future visits to Iligan City.

Jacko's is WiFi equipped.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed such a variety of Filipino style items, some with a bit of a Chinese flair, it is not easy for me to single out any one individual item.

Jacko's Kan-Anan Logo Partial view of the Function Room Good friends, Good fun and Great Food at Jacko s Part of the Quick Meal area for those on the Go ! partial evening view of the main dining area

• BobNewYork's Profile Photo

Tita Fannies: Tita Fannies, Coming to a place near you !

by BobNewYork Updated Jan 13, 2013

Since the 1999 opening of their first location at Zamora Street in Iligan City, Tita Fannies Liempo and Chicken Haus has enjoyed exponential growth and popularity. Other locations in Iligan can be found on Tibanga Highway near Elena Tower Inn and also at one end of the Gaisano City Mall at the corner of Roxas Ave. and Villaverde Rd.

I chose the mall location as this one sounded like the place that would be most applicable to tourists. Upon entering from the street entrance, there is a small dining and take-out area on the ground floor. Ascending up a circular stairway a very nice, smoke free dining area can be found. Additionally, there is access to an outdoor deck dining area overlooking the street below.

My first experience of Tita Fannies was in the form of a take-out platter I had enjoyed at an event I had been invited to on a previous visit. I looked forward to visiting one of Tita Fannies locations on my following visit in 2012 to enjoy another " Bila-o Overload " which to me translates to a Combination Platter Sampler of the many varieties of Filipino style menu choices. As I had just finished my "Bila-o Overload," one of the most favored Filipino desert items " Halo-Halo " was placed in front of me by the very attentive and polite wait staff that is found at Tita Fannies, which concluded a very tasty and enjoyable meal.

The reputation and popularity of Tita Fannies has expanded to it, becoming a franchise operation in a growing list of cities in the Philippines including Cagayan De Oro, Lanao del Norte, Pagadian and Manila. I look forward to further enjoyment of dining at Tita Fannies on future visits!

Favorite Dish: " Bila-o Overload " . This is a combination platter that can serve multiple people. It features a sampling of various items that can be found on the menu. A generous portion of rice is served separately and additional portions of rice are available at no additional charge.

An excellent example of a very popular Filipino desert known as " Halo - Halo " provided a great way to top off an excellent meal.

The Tita Fannies logo 2nd floor dining area  ( partial view ) The Famous Tita Fannies A very enjoyable meal at Tita Fannies, Iligan City

Iligan City Hotels

• Plaza Alemania Hotel

For the past several years, this former hotel location has undergone a complete floor by floor top...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Iligan City? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Iligan City? Write about Iligan City to help travelers.

Top Iligan City Hotels

Iligan Hotels
2 Reviews - 8 Photos

Instant Answers: Iligan City

Comments

Iligan City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Iligan City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Iligan City sightseeing.
Map of Iligan City