Mactan Island Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Mactan Island

• DONT GET TIPS FROM LOCAL PEOPLE

by macauchick Written Nov 25, 2008

i live in white sands, maribago beach, for 5 days and the staff are honest and friendly. whenever you are ready to hit the road to your tourist attractions, ask the staff in your hotel before hopping into a taxi. ask the staff how long and what's approximate meter cost of taking a taxi. i trust my hotel staff more than anyone else in the area.

• BE CAREFUL OF OVER-FRIENDLY LOCAL PEOPLE

by macauchick Written Nov 25, 2008

i was wandering at mactan shrine and a guy who appeared to be very nice and friendly and followed/guided me to the lapu lapu statue and etc where i can go there myself because there are all right in front of me. when i asked him was he giving a free tour and he said it was totally up to me. after the 10 mins tour and i hopped in a taxi which is believably driven by his "friend", he asked me for 30 pesos!!! since im travelling alone and i dont wanna have any troubles, i was forced to pay him for walking around with me without my consent!!

Instant Answers: Mactan Island

Comments

Mactan Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Mactan Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mactan Island sightseeing.

View all Mactan Island hotels