Fun things to do in Lapu-Lapu City

Most Viewed Things to Do in Lapu-Lapu City

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Mactan Shrine

by kemisteryoso Updated Jul 18, 2010

My last destination before my flight, I made it last to save time and not hard for me to travel a long way towards the airport.

This place is where the historical battle of Mactan took place and where Magellan met his tragic end. Lapu-Lapu, the chieftain of Mactan who killed Magellan has a bronze statue on the right side of the shrine facing a a gate. Magellan's marker is just few meters walk behind the Obelisk.

The obelisk located at the center is really beautiful at night it's like miniature Eiffel tower from afar. There are words and names written on each face of the obelisk.

Siendo Gobernador Don Miguel Creus
    1866 Reinando Ysabel II
    Glorias Espanolas
    A Hernando De Magallanes

I'm not mistaken of making this shrine my last destination. I had the chance to have little rest while looking the obelisk and regain energy for my way home.

There's a souvenir shop just outside the shrine where you can buy some shirt.

The trip costs me 205 pesos from Osmena Blvrd.

a closer look the obelisk from teh entance Magellan's Marker Bronze statue of Lapu-lapu

Lapu-Lapu City Hotels

28 Reviews - 97 Photos
Pajo Hotels
Kalawisan Hotels

Instant Answers: Lapu-Lapu City

Comments

Lapu-Lapu City Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Lapu-Lapu City things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lapu-Lapu City sightseeing.
Map of Lapu-Lapu City