Legaspi Transportation

• Martialsk's Profile Photo

Tricycles, Jeepneys & mini-buses

by Martialsk Updated Apr 14, 2012

A tricycle

Tricycles are perfect for getting around town or even slightly out of town and they are pretty cheap. Three of us managed to get on one - one behind the driver and 2 crammed into the seat! Be warned - the seats are designed for slim Filipino people...! Therefore, it can be a tight fit if you are bigger than the average person!!
    If you want to go slightly out such as Casgawa Ruins, then catch a Jeepney - it will get you there quicker. We didn't actually do this because we went with our friends.

For the trip to and back Donsol we caught a mini-bus from the central bus station in Legaspi and although quite full, the buses were pretty comfy and airconditioned. Note that a bus will only leave if it is full - this could mean waiting a while at either bus depot. We waited half an hour on both the trip out and the trip back. Also, because we were bigger than the average Filipinno, the driver charged us an extra seat!! It was either that or he would try and squash someone in next to us! We paid the extra and didn't mind because it's not like it cost a fortune in the first place!

Tricycles can be flagged down anywhere but the mini-buses we caught from the central bus station. I'm not too sure about Jeepneys but I'm guessing the bus station would help.

Tip: arrange/ negotiate/ discuss your fee before you get on any mode of transportation. We were lucky that we weren't ripped off because our friends gave us a good idea of what individual trips should cost. Unfortunately, I can't remember that now so I suggest that you try and research the cost so that you can identify if they are ripping you off.

I have posted photos in my Travelogues so you can get an idea of what these look like.

• Car rental for a city tour

by mibebe Written Aug 29, 2012

Hi, we just got back from Legazpi. Try to call Leo Mirabel 0917 3491725 and he will give you a good rate. I also searched from sulit and ayosdito.com but some are charging from 3K-3.5K. Leo's nice and accommodating. I even called him to pick us up from our hotel as early as 7am.

• thermopilas's Profile Photo

Bus

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

The aircon on the bus going back to Manila from Legazpi was very strong. I was wearing shorts and did not have a jacket. Wearing only a shirt. I used my backpack to shield myself from the AC. But it was not that helpful, I think I was numb after the ten hour trip. Thank goodness for the stop over, or else I would probably be dead from hypothermia. Hehehe. My friend told me that she should have told me to bring a jacket bec. the bus have really strong AC. Next time. :).

Instant Answers: Legaspi

Comments

Legaspi Transportation

Reviews and photos of Legaspi transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Legaspi sightseeing.