Sagada Favorites

• Favorites
    by paolodecastro
    Bell at the Episcopal church
    by cyan501
    Snapshot from the bus going to Sagada.
    by cyan501

Most Recent Favorites in Sagada

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo

Some thoughts on my Sagada Travel

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 25, 2013

Fondest memory: • It is a must for everyone to experience travelling in this place whether you are solo or in a group. I prefer a solo trip in this place…..because it gives you time to think…and all that….

• Don’t be afraid if you will try to go here solo…there are many people before you who did this…

• If you have more time…..than 4 days…then you must be very lucky…I love to go back again…maybe just sitting on the grassy open area near the church…maybe read a book….sip a cup of coffee….things like that…..

• If you will travel solo like I did….much better if you will schedule it on Friday-Sunday…there are many tourist at that time....i noticed that on Sunday they already started to go home. They usually take the first trip of the bus going to Baguio and then Manila,

• I spend Php 2,500 pesos on my four days stay in Sagada……..inluding dining, accommodation, pasalubong, tours and food even dining at the famous Log Cabin Restaurant,

• If you will travel solo be sure you will be friendly enough to other tourist so you can join their group……so you can minimize your travel expenses….use all the charm you have……it will save you some money and earn more friends in the process…

• If you will try to go to Sagada much better if you will include Banaue in your itenerary……..its just like hitting two birds in one stone…..like I did…..*

• Adventure Travel

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo

Just Enjoy the Place

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 18, 2013

Favorite thing: I think sagada is one place where one can enjoy by just travelling alone, because at the end of the day you will find other solo travelers and you can form your own group for the different activities to save money and at the same time earn new friends.

It is a place where you can just sit on one of the open space beside the St. Mary Church while enjoying reading a book or just by sitting there. The accommodation are cheap but decent. And the people are friendly and accommodating. Its surely a place worth visiting.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Buy a Map

by kemisteryoso Written Apr 2, 2011

Favorite thing: Sagada is a small community and buying a map is very handy for only P10 to P30 pesos. The attractions that need guide are the Bomod-ok falls and Caving so the rest you can go by yourself if you know how to read maps :). You can buy it on souvenir shops and some stores. I bought the green one at the Tourism office after the registration.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Tourists information center

by kemisteryoso Written Feb 14, 2011

Favorite thing: These are just some of the things that you can see and do in Sagada. There are certainly more to experience. When you get there, always visit first the tourist information center. Inquire about their guide services and if there are any restrictions with the places you would want to visit. You can also buy a simple map here and ask guidance for accommodations.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Tour Guide

by JaneCajuguiran Written Mar 22, 2010

Favorite thing: I always suggest for people to hire Andrew Bagne of Sagada Genuine guides. You may check for his cell number at their site. YOu may try 09105679882 if he hasn't changed it. Their rates would vary according to the places you would like to visit.

Yes, I do believe everyone is required to register at the municipal hall regardless of whether you are going to the sumaguing cave or not.

Fondest memory: waking up to the site of green grass and the smell of pine.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Tips and Tricks for a Sagada Holiday

by JaneCajuguiran Written Apr 29, 2009

Favorite thing: You don't actually need a tour package to go around unless your budget is really tight. TravelFactor does have some really cheap ones. My apprehension though is that those cheap packages usually do not cater to how you would like to spend your vacation. So, I suggest you go on with your trip and try to make acquaintances at the bus. We did that and we did have a blast with our new-found friends. It was fun and cheap too because we go to share the expenses.

It might be better to take the tours with the guides on a per need basis. It's been raining in Sagada lately and there are so many places you can't go to when there's a downpour. We experienced that. So, my suggestion is to play it by ear.

Oh, don't go to the Bomod-ok falls without a guide unless you really are used to trekking. I wrote some of our experiences in Sagada lately. You may want to read them at my blog at http://pinas-et-al.blogspot.com. One other really good read about Sagada is that of Sagada-igorot.com.

I think we spent around 150 php per person per meal. But those were at the really nice restos already. If you are on a budget, there are so many other food options like you can stay at the Residential Lodge for 250 per person and get to cook your own food at the kitchen. They'll lend you everything you need - spoons, forks, plates, pots, pans, etc.

Well, have fun and stay safe.

Fondest memory: Everything - the food, the people, the climate, the trees, the caves, the mountains.

Going to Sagada

by mahavir747 Written Apr 23, 2009

Favorite thing: Hi Asianbelle. We've finally decided to take the Manila-Banaue-Bontoc-Sagada route. It would have been nice to be able to stay a day or two in Banaue. We just couldn't afford to miss the rice terraces. We'll just be taking the Baguio-Manila route back so we can also roam around Baguio a bit before going back. We managed to contact a guide for Sagada, 1,200 per day for 2 persons although we've yet to confirm it.

I would just like to know if the food establishments in Sagada generally require that you make reservations? Thank you. :)

Sagada

by mahavir747 Written Apr 21, 2009

Favorite thing: Thank you so much guys. Finally was able to arrange a number of stuff. Medyo hinayang lang ako kasi gusto ko sana ung Manila-banaue route but kind of apprehensive about having to buy a return ticket on the day itself. Baka kasi maubusan nang morning trip sa Victory liner. Autobus and Florida leaves naman sa hapon or evenings pa. We'd need to leave Sat for that. :S I agree. Dapat may transpo na for 6 thou. Our current costing has run up to only 3,500 so far for two people.

We found an inn, Sagada guesthouse. It's cheaper than the rest that still have vacancies. Any comments or reviews on the place? Thanks!

sagada

by mahavir747 Written Apr 20, 2009

Favorite thing: Thank you so much guys. It looks like the only feasible route for us would be the Manila-Baguio-Sagada route. After we reach Baguio, do we just wait for a bus from Lizardo or GL liner? Do they go straight to Sagada? Any reservations needed or do you just ride as they come by? Aprroximately how many hours from Manila to Baguio?

One thing that I am also worried about is that we might run out of tickets for a return trip to Manila? Is that likely to happen given that it's peak season? We plan to leave Sunday morning, around 8-9 am.

Other suggestions for an inn would also be welcome. I just contacted Canaway Inn and they're already full. I have a list of inns but not really sure which ones offer cheap rates. Thank you!

Going to Sagada

by mahavir747 Written Apr 19, 2009

Favorite thing: Thank you Asianbelle for the phone numbers and the location. :)

Mrpmanuel, I would like to ask if it's more advisable to get bus tickets earlier. I'm not sure of the estimate of people going to Sagada this summer. Were there many tourists in Sagada the time you went there?

Thank you!

• psychiy's Profile Photo

Baguio-Sagada-Banaue Trip

by psychiy Written Mar 22, 2009

Favorite thing: This is my suggestion:
    --> Stay in Baguio for 2 nights so you can roam around (you can actually tour Baguio in half a day)
    --> Take the 630am ride to Sagada (expect to arrive by lunch time), stay there for 2 nights
    --> Go back to Manila via the Banaue route. No need to stay overnight. (I just don't know the transpo arrangement for this. :O)

Hope it helps!:)

Fondest memory: My best memory of Sagada is when we went spelunking at Sumaging Cave. But I will have to go back there because of the yogurt at THE YOGURT HOUSE!!!

• National/State Park

• What to do and how to do it

by ainee_dg Written Mar 13, 2008

Favorite thing: Hi! I went to Sagada once before by bus so I'm not too sure which route is best. What I can do is suggest-- true about the possible heavy traffic, but what you can do is take off the night before you originally planned to leave the city. (That's why my bus trip was at night, and there was no traffic.) Travel time is 12-15 hours, depending on your stopovers. Yup, it's that long but the trip's worth it if you're the nature-loving type. And so about your friend, I would think she'll survive and enjoy the trekking part. But the cave-- maybe she'll survive, but not enjoy it. It can be tiring and actually very dangerous for someone who's not in the best shape. The cave's pitch black and slippery. (Your only light is the lamp held by the guide.) 5 minutes into the cave is a point of no return. But it's amazing! Definitely not to be missed!

• cyan501's Profile Photo

At one with nature

by cyan501 Updated Mar 2, 2008

Bell at the Episcopal church

Favorite thing: When spelunking, bring flashlight, have your camera strapped onto your neck and use the right footwear.
    Strapped sandals are best since its muddy, slippery and your feet are defintely going to get wet. Its easier to walk and by the middle of the Cave exploring (at Sumaguing cave) you'll be asked to take it off.
    Dont wear maong pants you'll have a hard time going thru the cave with all that weight.

Stores closes early in the evening. Better pack some instant food, biscuits and chips.

Try the different types of wine: strawberrys great!.

At night: relax and enjoy the tranquility. Unlike in Manila, its one of the places where you can actually hear a lot of things aside from car horns.

During the trip from Baguio to Sagada. Try not to drink a lot. The CR in the first stop really stinks!

When your riding a bus from Sagada to Baguio, be on time. The bus at Sagada leaves at 1:30PM at the bus stop by the main road.

Fondest memory: The Sumaguing cave. The walls and other rock formation was really magnificent.
    Its a treat from someone whos not into outdoor adventures. Touch the walls of the cave and try bathing in the pools.

The expensive flowers along the roads/ zigzag going and from Sagada to Baguio. You'll be amazed at the Calla Lilies, Daisys, Babys breath, etc. just growing at the side streets. Just another wild grass!
    Wish we wer'nt commuting, I would have picked a lot.

• Yla's Profile Photo

Bring the correct mind-set

by Yla Written Feb 2, 2008
    main road

Favorite thing: Sagada is no place to make fashion statements, bring a wardrobe that will be comfortable yet light, to aid your long travel to this amazing place. Don't expect the comforts of the city, as the town's simple yet distinct ruggedness is its own charm that makes one longing to go back. Don't be loud and boisterous. Don't look for things that are obviously not available in small mountain towns (like imported or branded cosmetics and food items)

Sagada is a place for you to take it slow from the harshness of the urban jungle. Clear your mind. Relax. Enjoy the climate and the sights. Bring your hiking shoes and use those God-given muscles. Interact with the locals, listen to the unique stories of their culture and buy your basic needs in Sagada to help with the local economy.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Register at the Tourism Office!

by joiwatani Updated Jan 28, 2008

Favorite thing: The Department of Tourism is tracking every guest that visits Sagada! Make sure to register at the Department of Tourism in Sagada.

Fondest memory: Caving in Sagada is beautiful! Make sure to bring your bathing suit so you can plunge in one of the waterfalls in Sagada or when you go out caving!

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Sagada

Comments

Sagada Favorites

Reviews and photos of Sagada favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sagada sightseeing.