Sagada Restaurants

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Pinikpikan House: Sagada's delicacy

by heydelin Written Jul 24, 2013

Pinikpikan

We arrived at Sagada at noon and checked all the restaurant serving the famous pinikpikan and only Pinikpikan House has an available one. We got the dish plus a rice for Php 120.

Favorite Dish: Pinikpikan is like tinolang manok and bulalo at the same time. The chicken are beaten to death before cooking - that's makes the meat texture different.

• Adventure Travel

Yogurt House

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 26, 2013

This is one nice restaurant in Sagada. Here's my opinion;

Food - very good especially the Hikers delight (breakfast menu) and their Banana Strawberry granola ( its just that i love my banana granola with more strawberry jam syrup).

Ambience - Its nicely designed I loved their veranda area.....you will see all the passsers-by and the whole area itself. Taking pictures on photographs is prohibited*

Staff - they are not that friendly...a little bit COLD....:(

Lemon Pie House

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 25, 2013

Food: Its just a typical pie nothing special.......just to be honest.

Ambiance: Their storefront is not that attractive...but their interior is good enough....... tables are low and you just have to sit on the floor rather than sit on their low chairs.

Favorite Dish: Their best seller here are their Lemon and Egg Pies but I prefer the egg pie rather than the lemon pie. If you want to buy a pie for pasalubong you have to have a one day notice.

Rock-Inn Cafe

Interior is nice......
    staff's and owner are very friendly......

my Breakfast is just ok.....I ordered a light breakfast with their mountain ginger tea and toasted bread....

I made a mistake i should have ordered their fresh sagada orange juice.

Their robusta coffee is already sold out when i went there and they said if I will order it it will take a few hours...but I have no time....:(

Log Cabin Restaurant

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 18, 2013

If you are gogling Sagada for your next travel destination... you will always see the name of this restaurant. And to give you an honest insight here is my honest opinion :

Food - I did'nt like the food served to us that night. I was mediocre food...Mc Donalds is much better than that. The dinner cost Php 480.00 and for me it's not worth it. Some of the guests mainly filipino didn't even finished their main course and headed for the dessert.

dessert is not that good also.

Ambience - the whole area is well designed It gives the atmosphere of a home to me. I liked their jar collections.

Staff - you will feel intimated...they are not warm...they are a little bit COLD....

For me this is restaurant just a pure HYPE....

Masferre Restaurant

by paolodecastro Written Apr 18, 2013

This is the nearest restaurant at the Sagada Tourist Center. the interiors are fine as well as the storefront window.

The only thing i bought here were sanwiches.....my verdict...just fine like any other sanwiches. The only thing that separates it to trhe regular sanwiches is that their's are big and the veggies are fresher.

A sanwhich costs Php 100.00

Pinikpikan House

by paolodecastro Updated Apr 18, 2013

Their storefront is not attractive and their interior is just like any other typical eatery.

Food - If you will have your lunch here you have to order their specialty..Pinikpikan a local delicacy...but i think their Pinikpikan here taste like a tinola with a little of the original battered chicken and some pork with some veggies. This cost Php 100.00

Masferre's Country Inn and Restaurant: Don't Miss the Chicken

by pres_16 Updated Apr 28, 2012

Upon arrival at Sagada, I had my lunch at Masferre's. I ordered chicken and veggies with rice. The food is nice and I liked it. While waiting for your order, take time to look at the collection of old photographs of local people and customs by the owner, Eduardo Masferre.

Also try Masferre's Chocolate Oatmeal cookies.

Yoghurt House: Don't Miss the Yoghurt Shake

by pres_16 Updated Apr 28, 2012

Its not the food that I'm going to share but the yummy, yummy yoghurt shake, really delicious. The owner said it is made of fresh cow's milk. I ordered the Banana flavored shake with strawberry preserve and cereals. This is actually the special flavor. Costs Php75.00.

St. Joseph's Cafe and Restaurant: Cafe with a Landscape

lechon kawali

Serves great food, rice is plenty. They also serve American breakfast, I tried the bread with tuna and veggies. It was a good breakfast for me. Staff are friendly.

There is a space outside with a landscape where you can also dine or just simply have some drinks with friends or family before retiring at night.

• ChristineAranillaDMD's Profile Photo

Yoghurt House, Sagada: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

by ChristineAranillaDMD Updated Feb 26, 2012

We are a group of professionals: dentists, entrepreneurs, nurses, and Corporate major players! We traveled to Sagada on Feb. 18-21, 2012 through a full package 3D/3N trip by the highly appreciated, good service of e - Philippines Adventure, Travel and Destination. Yoghurt House should have been a part of our itinerary! Highly recommended by bloggers and our travel agency! BUT I BELIEVE RESTAURANTS ARE NOT JUST ABOUT FOOD! SERVICE AND COURTESY EQUALLY SHARE THE REPUTATION! I don't want to put drama that a small restaurant such as THE YOGHURT HOUSE maybe discriminating against fellow Filipinos. But, we have reasons to believe that we were HUSHED impolitely due to allegedly "noisy" laughters we were having while looking at menu! WE were laughing, having fun, conversing, BUT DEFINITELY NOT ROWDY AND BOISTEROUS! There were three foreigners dining then! And the rude staff after telling us to lower down our voices in "due respect to foreign diners", turned to our friend whose tripod was on top of the table, saying in ENGLISH and in a not-so-nice tone, "the table is for food only", as if we are children having a playtime of our lives. My friend quipped in retaliation, "ang daming restrictions", and the grouchy woman replied back, "OF COURSE!!!". As others who would also do the same thing given the same scenerio, WE WALKED OUT! VERDICT: It lost 11 HUNGRY PAX and received 22 THUMBS DOWN!

Favorite Dish: DID NOT EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO ORDER A SINGLE DISH!!!

• wabufamy's Profile Photo

Yougurt House: Ravenous!

by wabufamy Written Oct 1, 2011

The Yougurt House is a small restaurant on the main road of Sagada between the town proper and the Sagada Caves. It serves Continental food, and of course, their specialty - yougurt. Food is ok, with average meal cost of P200.00

Masferri: Old tribal photos

by kemisteryoso Updated Feb 19, 2011

We had our first lunch here. There sinigang is mostly fat and with little meat. Their Chopsuey was good and comes in big servings. The only problem is that you can’t order what you wanted on their menu because all depends on availability maybe because it's lean season. Food prices are a bit expensive compared to others. What I like about on this restaurant are old pictures of the local tribe of Sagada posted on its walls but these pictures are for your eyes only and taking pictures is prohibited. These photos were taken by masferre, a resident of the town on the 1930’s. The images are beautiful and have captured the people of this region in a way that is no longer available to any photographer to this day. You can also see the book on Masferri photograph for more unique pictures of this region during those times.

Favorite Dish: Chopsuey

Longid Centrum Commercial Building: Longid Centrum Commercial Building

by kemisteryoso Updated Feb 14, 2011

It is a commercial building but at the basement you can find 3 local restaurants that offer various local food for a very cheap price. We ate at CuisinaIgorota and for P60 pesos I had a big serving of their creamed chicken that comes with I think 3 cups of rice. The 2 other restaurants are Dalikan restaurant 2 and 7J’s diner and restaurant. The town’s pharmacy is also located in the 2nd level of the building.

Pinikpikan House: Pinikpikan House

by kemisteryoso Written Feb 14, 2011

It is one of the local restaurants near George Guesthouse. Their specialty is the local food called Pinikpikan. It is illegal actually because of the way it was cooked. Chickens were battered to death letting the blood to clot on the meat before cooking. They also serve various viands and value meal that ranges from P80 to P130 pesos.

Favorite Dish: Pinikpikan :))

Instant Answers: Sagada

Comments

Sagada Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sagada restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sagada sightseeing.