Fun things to do in Naga City

Most Viewed Things to Do in Naga City

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

Our Lady of Penafrancia Museum

by bike_packer Written Apr 24, 2007

The museum is where religious artifacts collected through the years in commemoration of the yearly Feast of the Our Lady of Penafrancia. The museum is located by the river since it serves also as the garage of the massive boat that carries the Our Lady of Penafrancia for the fluvial parade along the Naga River.

• Religious Travel
    • Museum Visits

• WakeBoarding

by kyroes Written Sep 10, 2011

For a reasonable price, you'll experience and will learn how to ride a wakeboard :) 500 pesos deposit + 175 pesos 1 hour cable park that includes usage of the pool, 40 pesos vest and helmet rental. 215 pesos will not hurt your pocket, right?

• Water Sports
    • Theme Park Trips
    • Adventure Travel

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Rest & Photo Shoot @ The Plazas

by cyndymc Written Apr 6, 2010

I've been to 2 plazas in Naga City: the Rizal Plaza and the Quince Martires Plaza. The trees help in making the place airy, the gardens and benches provide ideal resting places for people.

I was told that Plaza Rizal was designed to be a venue for debates, while Plaza Quince Martires was set up as tribute to and in honor of the 15 Bicol martyrs during the Spanish regime.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

"Amang Hinulid” / Santo Entierro

by theguardianangel Updated Sep 17, 2013

It was Lent at that time so my friend and I, went to pray to “Amang Hinulid”/Santo Entierro (the Sepulcher Christ).

My friend, who’s a local, said that it’s similar to the Black Nazarene which is housed in the Quiapo Church, in Manila. The “Amang Hinulid” icon located in the small town of Calabanga is the oldest in Bicol. The devotion to the “Hinulid” started in the 19th century, during the Spanish times. My friend said that, when he was still young, he and his friends or cousins used to walk the road going to the Calabanga Town every night of Maundy Thursday and it will take them around 3-4hrs to get there; to add to the sacrifice, they will have to fall in a very long line and wait for the next day until they will able to stand in front of the Santo Entierro. It was believed that “Amang Hinulid” grants wishes of the pilgrims.

It was my first time to visit the place and pray to the Santo Entierro; that time was one of the struggling moments of my life. I lost my job since the company I previously worked for, decided to cut down staff and resources. It’s almost 6 months that I’ve been job hunting but there seems no right company that I can see myself, working for dedicatedly and that no one seems to believe in my capabilities.

I came to Bicol to get away from the city of Manila and reorganize my thoughts. I was so down at that time. It’s really frustrating when you’re willing to give the best in you but nobody believes. I have almost given up at that point but instead, I thought of giving up my worries and strengthened my faith that God will take care of it.

I have always believed that God’s timing is perfect, not too early and not too late. I came back to Manila on the afternoon of Good Friday. After 1 week, I received a call from the company I applied online. Everything happened so fast! The following day, I was scheduled for an interview then was hired immediately on that same day! I can’t describe how I felt at that moment. I was just so grateful and relieved!

When I got the job, I immediately called my friend and told him about the good news. He said, “Amang Hinulid” has answered my prayer. I don’t have doubts about that but I believe that as long as we pray sincerely, there's no such thing as impossible. We should just keep in mind- God answers our prayer in 3 ways: Yes, No and Wait. Always keep the faith:)

• Religious Travel

• chizstyx78's Profile Photo

Water sports

by chizstyx78 Written Jul 20, 2008

If you want adrenaline rush, you can go to CAMSUR's CWC (Camsur Watersports Center). It's a man-made lake wherein you can try wakeboarding. They also have villas that offers massage if you have relaxation in mind.

• Water Sports
    • Spa and Resort
    • Eco-Tourism

• Ramonq's Profile Photo

Sample the nightlife at Magsaysay Ave.

by Ramonq Written Feb 22, 2012

Along Magsaysay Ave., there lies the trendy nightlife district of Naga City. Dozens of cool restaurants and bars vie for attention from well-heeled locals and tourists alike It's quite cosmopolitan with sophisticated eateries and other nightlife diversions. A few of the places were former homes that were transformed into a dining establishment.

• Robyn_mikkel's Profile Photo

Say a thousand prayers

by Robyn_mikkel Written Jan 25, 2009

Naga City is very abundant in Churches. You can take pictures inside the Churches but please be discrete about it.

Naga City Hotels

Top Naga City Hotels

Naga Hotels
6 Reviews - 41 Photos

Instant Answers: Naga City

Comments

Naga City Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Naga City things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naga City sightseeing.
Map of Naga City