Getting Around Naga City

by theguardianangel
  • Transportation
    by theguardianangel
  • Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane
    Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu...
    by cyndymc

Most Viewed Transportation in Naga City

Jeepney

by theguardianangel Written Aug 20, 2013

Public transportation will never be a problem. Jeepneys are everywhere. Just make sure to read the sign boards to where it is going to; 8Php is the minimum fare for 5-10 km. It’s also a practical way to spend money especially if the distance you need to reach is just a few blocks away.

When you wish to ride a jeepney, you just have to wave your hand to be noticed by the jeepney driver. There are sign boards infront of the jeepney that will give a summary of a few places of its route; from the sign boards it will tell you if that is the appropriate jeepney route you need to take.

Passengers in a jeepney sit side by side and the fare is being passed on to the nearest person behind the driver. Sometimes, people used to say "Makikisuyo lang po"- that's just the equivalent of Please in English. The same thing happens when the driver gives back the change of the passenger. When you have reached your destination, you just have to shout "para" or "sa tabi lang po".
    Bicolanos can understand and speak Tagalog or English so you won’t have hard time communicating with them.

Taxi

by theguardianangel Written Aug 20, 2013

From airpoirt, it’s kinda difficult to find a taxi going to the city proper so patience is all you need. Same thing happens, when you have to catch your flight so I suggest, you’d better leave the place early.

Flag down rate starts at 40php but then taxi drivers usually charge the total fare x 2 because the road going to airport is already outside Naga City. When you ride the cab, just always remember to make things clear first to the driver so they may not get you overcharged.

Travel by Bus

by theguardianangel Written Aug 20, 2013

I usually go with my local friend when I visit their place so I have to ride the bus like he used to do. It takes 14 hours of travel time from Manila to Naga Terminal so we usually take the night trip at 8pm. There are lots of buses from Manila that travel to Naga; you can ride in Cubao or Pasay Terminal. Major bus operators include Penafrancia Tours and Isarog. Fare costs 750-1200php for air-conditioned bus and 400php for ordinary.

I tried riding the ordinary bus going to Naga. It was the Penafrancia Festival at that time and my friend informed me that all the buses are fully booked. It was my mistake to miss my flight that day and I got so frustrated if ever I’ll miss the festival too as it’s my 1st time to join the celebration, so when I saw an ordinary bus in one of the terminals in Pasay. I went inside the bus right away! I didn’t mind the wooden seats, the warm bus and the people who I’ll be traveling with; after all, the fare is cheap!
    (if there's a will, there will always be a way)

Naga Terminal types of buses in the picture fares

Travel By Air

by theguardianangel Written Aug 19, 2013

The most common mode of transportation to get to Naga is by airplane as it saves time, convenient but the cost is a little pricey. You can book online through www.cebupacificair.com, www.philippineairlines.com or www.airphilexpress.com ; the websites are in English language and credit cards are accepted as mode of payment. It will only take about 1 hour to reach the destination by air.

Leaving Naga, terminal fee costs- 25php

• Festivals

Metered Taxi X 2 (?!)

by cyndymc Updated Apr 6, 2010

As we walked out of the Naga Airport (which is actually in Pili, not Naga City), we saw men holding up placards saying :"Metered Taxi To Naga City" "Metered Taxi to Any Point". We called one. He got our bags and put them in the baggage compartment. We have already sat comfortably at the backseat when he said in Tagalog that their price system is meter down x 2, which is approximately P300. He doesn't have a receipt or trip ticket to issue riders. We could very well afford the price, but considering his presumptive atitude and arrogance, we got off his taxi...It's up to you if you consider this as option to going to Naga City. I later learned that many tourists have complained about the meter down x 2, no receipt/no trip ticket system, but to no avail.

Car Rental

by cyndymc Updated Apr 6, 2010

Since all the other taxis have gone, I asked an airport employee where else we could get a ride. "Ms. Nitz" of the Baggage Section of the airport helped us find a car which could bring us to Naga City. Actually, it was an old car owned by another airport personnel, but since we do not know the driver personally, we had reservations whether we could trust him or not (aside from our cash, hubby had expensive photography gear with him)...It seemed we had no choice, however, since the taxis come around only when there are airplanes arriving, and that meant we had to wait for 2 more hours.

Talking further with Ms. Nitz, I asked her if she could guarantee our safety as tourists to the driver. She vouched for the driver's character. We were still a bit hesitant, and I was about to call up my aunt to ask her if someone from her relatives could fetch us, but prudence dictated that I don't bother her with such triviality...Anyhow, we dared hire the car and arrived at Naga City safe and sound. The driver had good public relations and positive attitude; we paid him P300, more than the amount he asked for; anyway, it was the same amount we would have spent on the services of the arrogant taxi driver.

Rented Car To Naga City Ms. Nitz, Helpful Naga Airport Personnel

Public Utility Jeepneys

by cyndymc Written Apr 6, 2010

The Philippine jeepney is very much in sight in Naga City, plying the national road into the business district. In fact, from the Pili Airport, one can take a "padyak" to the highway, then take a jeepney to Naga City. I saw a lot of jeepneys as I took pictures at the Plaza.

Jeepneys Passing By Plaza & Church

"Padyak"

by cyndymc Written Apr 6, 2010

"Padyak" is an alternative ride for short distances. Unlike the tricycle driver who drives a motorcycle attached to a sidecar, the "padyak" driver pedals his way to move the sidecar attached to his bike. Fare is P5/pax.

Tricycle

by cyndymc Written Apr 6, 2010

Going around Naga City is easy. You just have to hail a tricycle and tell the driver where you'd like to go. Minimum fare is P7/pax. For special trips like when we hired one to bring us to the Basilica, we paid P20 total. Going back to the Plaza downtown, we paid the same amount. What is nice about Naga, they have a very big sign at the Plaza indicating the minimum fare for tricycle ride. This is the only place I've been to in Bicol where no tricycle driver dared to overprice.

Tricycle in Naga City

Fly!

by cyndymc Written Apr 6, 2010

We went to Naga City via Cebu Pacific; we availed of their promo price. From Manila, the flight is only about 45-50 minutes. Manila-Naga-Manila route is serviced by Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific and Zest Air.

Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane Looking Down At Naga City From Cebu Pacific Plane

The mighty little tricycle

by nixca316 Updated Feb 13, 2007

This little vehicle can hold up to eight people (depending on size); four inside, plus a child (5), then three outside (including the driver). ---the lesser the people the better. ;D It's safer that way. =)

The minimum fare is 6 pesos and you can go almost anywhere Naga.

Trike @ Freedom Plaza another trike Taken by Bambi Bambi and Gina (taken by me) Taken by Bambi again

• nixca316's Profile Photo

The perfect vehicle for a laid back city

by nixca316 Written Feb 13, 2007

Naga is practically a safe city to bike around. Yes, there are those hoodlums here and there, but they are only few...very, very few. The traffic is also good (well, except at night) so it's okay to bike around...most especially during dawn to early morning (before 8am).

Near the Archbishop's Palace, Naga City

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Isarog Line Express Transport, Inc.

by nixca316 Written Feb 13, 2007

Going to Naga, Pia and I rode the Lazy Boy tourist bus. As the name implies, the seats are wide, leaving lots of elbow room. You can really recline the chair and you've got lots of space to move.

Going back to Manila, we rode the single seater (because every lazy boy bus was fully booked), which was good enough. The seats were comfortable and when I go back to Bicol next quarter (if I'm not going abroad), I'll definitely use Isarog Bus Lines again.

(Isarog Line Express Transport, Inc. was named after Mt. Isarog, an inactive volcano that rises in the heart of the province of Camarines Sur, the central part of the Bicol Peninsula about 450 kilometers south of Manila. It is the highest forested peak in Southern Luzon.)

Lazy boy bus one way: 700 pesos
    Single seater bus one way: 620 pesos

Main office address in Naga: #77 Concepcion Pequena , Naga City +63(54)4738946 look for Roma or Engine

Isarog Lazy Boy Bus Isarog single seater bus

• DarleneCMF's Profile Photo

Route to Naga City

by DarleneCMF Written Jul 2, 2006

Coming from Manila you can reach Naga City by taking the South Luzon Expressway.
    Here are the places that you will pass through:

Santo Tomas
    Libmanan
    Pamplona
    Milaor
    Naga

It took us more than 9 hours from Quezon City to Naga, but that includes about an hour's lunch in Gumaca, about 4 stopovers for biobreak/snacks, and 3 for gasoline.

We started after 9AM, we could have gotten there earlier if we were off at 6AM (as originally planned). This gets rid of night driving, too.

Jeepneys/Cars

by nixca316 Written Feb 13, 2007

Of course, SUVs, Sedans and the like can also be used to go around Naga...

(you can see the Philippine Jeepney in the background...the minimum fare is 7 pesos)

Cars, motorcycles,tricyles...

Magsaysay Avenue, Naga City 4400, Philippines

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Solo

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Naga City? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Top Naga City Hotels

Naga Hotels
6 Reviews - 41 Photos

Instant Answers: Naga City

• Nov 27, 2012 at 4:27 AM

If this is how taxi drivers deal with visitors to the city, I will just toss away my plane tickets to Naga city, even at my loss. There are other cities in the Philippines without you being robbed when you visit them., Even if it is just taxi fare, it is the principle of it.l

Naga City Transportation

Reviews and photos of Naga City transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naga City sightseeing.
Map of Naga City