Boracay Island Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Boracay Island

Manana: Yummy Mexican Food

by cyndymc Updated May 14, 2010

Manana

Manana is popular for its delicious Mexican cuisine priced reasonably, considering the food serving. The ground floor houses its indoor restaurant; the rooftop is a covered but more airy place for dining/drinking. After 5:30 pm, manana sets tables and chairs on the beachfront for those who prefer al fresco dining at sunset/night.

Their menu has pictures of food items to help diners decide on what to order. I like their food presentation and ambience.

Favorite Dish: Tostados & Tacos

• shohman's Profile Photo

Friday's: ehn!

by shohman Written May 13, 2010

I'd read up a lot on the Island and most of the reviews gave Fridays high marks. They do have an eclectic, international menu, but for me the food was just ok, actually for most of my party that was the opinion. Some of the veggies they used were of the canned variety. I wouldn't say our meal was bad, just that we expected more after all the reviews.
    One special, and very important note is the entertainment. We were seated on the beach, which was pleasant. Pleasant until we heard the horrible, HORRIBLE voice of the man playing acoustic guitar. This was something out of a bad SNL skit. Eventually, it became funny, it was THAT bad

Favorite Dish: I had spagetti bolognese and a tomato soup. Nothing special about either

• shohman's Profile Photo

Jony's on the beach: mmm, fruit shakes

by shohman Written May 13, 2010

Jony's serves the odd combination of Mexican food and fruit shakes. We didn't taste the food but on a very hot day we cooled off with some fruit shakes. These are made with fresh fruit, ice, milk and sugar but we opted to hold the sugar. The shakes were very tasty.

Favorite Dish: I had a banana mago which was very good, but Hotsauce let me taste her melon mango and I liked that even better.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Big Mamas Pinoy Hotpot & Grill: Miss Home Cooking?

by cyndymc Updated Apr 25, 2010

Big Mamas Menu Board

Big Mamas is a 24-hrs "carinderia" (local diner) that offers all-day breakfast fare, lunch and dinner, as well as night drinks. This is a nice, clean place to sample local dishes at reasonable price (P75 up) in the beachfront.

Many people (specially budget travelers) eat there so if you want to have a seat inside, go about 30 muntes earlier than the usual meal time. Otherwise, you wil be served food outside, but just infront of the place. It is alctually more airy, except that when vehicles (delivery trucks) pass by, you'll have a whiff of the carbon dioxide exhaust.

Favorite Dish: I like their traditional Porksilog*, already complete at P85: rice (fired garlic rice or white rice), porkchop, egg, tomatoes & soup. Their pork adobo is also good.

*"Porksilog" is an acronym for pork, "sinaing" (steamed rice) or "sinangang" (fried garlic rice) and "itlog" (egg)

Royal Park Hotel: Chinese, Filipino & Korean Specialties

by cyndymc Updated Apr 25, 2010

Dining Hall of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel's dining hall is open not only to their guests, but to the public as well. I like the ambience with a refreshing tropical motif, with sarongs beautifully hang and moving from the ceiling as the sea breeze blew from their veranda-type windows, and I like best the beachfront view and sunset.

For such a nice dining place offering Chinese, Filipino and Korean specialties, the food is surprisingly not that expensive. In fact each ala carte order is good for 2-3 people.

Favorite Dish: We haven't had the chance to taste many of their foods because my daughter and I went there specially for their shrimp sinigang. We craved for it after a tiring day, and it was worth the wait. The soup was sour enough to our liking, the shrimps tasted fresh, and the serving was too much for the two of us; it could be good enough for 3. The smell was so inviting when it was served, I forgot to take a shot of the full bowl before eating. I only remembered when we have eaten half of it.

• Lemon Cafe: Good Lemon Tarts

by xexe Updated Apr 18, 2010

Lemon Cafe or Lemoni Cafe is an okay place for desserts. However, I'm not sure I'd want to order dinner or lunch there. We ordered the Lemon Tart which had a fantastic tang and a perfect crust. We also ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse. The mouse was only so-so and the best part was the Chocolate Ganache topping. We also thought we ordered 2 types of Truffles, but what we were served was a Rum Ball and a Coconut Ball. Which were disappointing. They served us a refreshing Lemon, Mint Water which was served for free. I like the concept of having a lemon themed restaurant, I liked the decor but it wasn't enough to win me over.

• Cyma: Opa!

by xexe Written Apr 18, 2010

CYMA is a great restaurant in Boracay, The food is top notch, and the service is also top notch. The restaurant itself is rather small, and don't settle for sitting at the round plastic tables, you lose the ambiance of CYMA as the tables are off to the side and not at the restaurant. You can call ahead and reserve a table, i recommend doing so;it's worth it.

We ordered the Moussaka, which was created beautifully and tasted amazing. , we also had the Chicken Souvlaki which was spiced expertly and grilled to perfection. The saganaki, on the other hand, is a bit of a disappointment. order this if only for the amusing "OPA!" yells of the wait staff. We had skolatina and flaming mangoes for dessert. The former was one of the best desserts i've tried on our 3-day stay in the island. the latter, meanwhile, was just like the saganaki: interesting concept with the flames and all, but a disappointment to the taste buds.
    I also ordered a Blue Margarita which was delicious. I think CYMA is easily in the Top 3 Boracay restaurants and i recommend you give it a try.

• Beaches

• Aria Restaurant: great food!

tequila sunrise

Aria is a clean restaurant, with good interior decor and great tasting food. We ordered the quattro formaggi pizza which we found to be delicious and extremely satisfying. We also ordered the pasta Al Amatriciana, we loved the tomatoes, parmesan cheese and bacon included in the sauce and feel it makes the dish superb. I also ordered a tequila sunrise, this mixed drink was the most balanced cocktail i've tried on white beach. Aria also allows for take out of pizza, if you do not want to wish to dine in or do not wish to order Yellow Cab pizza. it's a pity the restaurant opens at 11, we felt it's too late.

• Jonah's Fruit Shake & Snack Bar: jonah's is average

by xexe Written Apr 18, 2010

Well, I can't base my review on the walk from station 3 to station one, but i know after walking so far to try these fruit shakes out, i was disappointed.
    I ordered a Strawberry-Banana Shake and my Girlfriend ordered the Mango-Strawberry shake. We decided to not order food at the suggestion of other reviewers here. I'm rather glad we didn't. The shakes were mediocre at best. My Shake had too many strawberries and the bananas were almost none existent. My Partner's shake was the opposite with too much mango and no strawberry. I will say that the shakes were smooth and prepared well, the fruit however, wasn't balanced enough for me.
    I do not know if the quality of the shakes they serve depends on the mood of the person preparing them, and that we were just unlucky that time, but I believe there are more fruit shake-makers out there that can do a much better job.

Eat All You Can Mongolian Grill

by cyndymc Written Mar 10, 2010

My Lunch @ Mongolian Grill Boracay

Mongolian Grill in Boracay has the same concept as the Mongolian Grills in Metro Manila, where you choose your own ingredients, get as much as you can/want, have it grilled your way (mixed with rice or separate), all for P275! You get a free soup, too. I noticed that Mongolian Grill Boracay offerred a lot of local vegetables like alugbati, kangkong, saluyot, etc which I don't find in their counterparts in Manila. They also allowed the diners to really get as much meat as they want, unlike in other branches where they ask diners what meat they want, then they are given just enough as allocation.

Favorite Dish: Since it was my first time to eat Mongolian Grill (my daughter who likes it coaxed me into trying it), I just got a few of the vegetables I wanted (chayote, carrots, beansprouts), vermicelli, and a little each of pork, chicken and beef, and some squid. I let the buffet attendant help me decide what oils, seasonings and spices to put. I had my mongolian grill separate from the rice, but when I saw my daughter's version look and smell better with the rice, I mixed my rice, too. It was yummy!

• Business Travel

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Real Coffee & Tea Cafe': "Where Great Minds Meet"

by cyndymc Written Mar 10, 2010

As They Say...

On our first day in Boracay, my daughters' officemates brought us to their favorite breakfast place, not Starbucks, but Real Coffee & Tea Cafe. I silently wondered what place we were going to, as I followed them through a narrow alley from the beachfront. We reached a native-inspired cafe surprisingly full of people. Luckily, a table had been reserved ahead for us by some officemates of my daughter, and they've ordered ahead, too.

I wondered why the cafe's tagline was "Where Great Minds Meet". Looking around, I understood why. Eating in the small cafe were tourists who looked like yuppies, big bosses and businessmen on vacation. I could tell because they couldn't help but discuss office-related matters.

Food serving was big, but food was expensive. My daughter's officemate commented that for the price of P250 for an omelette sandwich, she should have eaten something else at Starbucks. I was prudent enough not to say anything (since I was treated to the breakfast), but I wasn't really satisfied also with my P100 pancake. Though it was big, it had a floury taste and bready texture, and the syrup was cold. Mc Donalds/Jollibee pancakes actually tasted better. In fairness, their brewed coffee tasted good for the price of P60.

Favorite Dish: Sorry, I couldn't cite any favorite as my daughter and I didn't return there anymore for breakfast... but if we return to Boracay, I'll probably try their touted calamansi muffins and freshly baked cookies.

• Farlow's Profile Photo

Jonah's Fruit Shakes and Snack Bar: Best Fruit Shakes on Boracay...maybe anywhere!

by Farlow Written Feb 1, 2010

You have never had a fruit shake until you've had one here. Smooth and rich, in more flavors than you could come up with on your own. My choices were strawberry/mango, with a mango/papaya to go. When you get one for take out, it comes in a water bottle with a hole and straw in the cap. Perfectly portable and a good reuse of resources.

Right on White Beach near Station One, Jonah's is a good place to stop on your trek down the beach. They have a huge menu beyond the shakes- breakfast to the catch of the day and pizza.

Favorite Dish: Beyond the fruit shakes, which is the main reason to go here, the crab sisig, a new twist on a Filipino standard, was the perfect blend of seafood and spices. The pizza looked good, too. According to the couple next to me, it was really good and cheesy.

Jonas Fruitshakes: famous for Milkshakes and More

by machomikemd Written Jan 28, 2010
    inside

this resto is an institution in the boracay area and was opened since the early 1980's when boracay was just a backpacker paradise. they have lots of mix and match milkshake and fruitshake combinations and serves fairly decent menus like burmese chicken at 190 pesos an order, crab sisig with rice at 220 pesos an order, hamburger and fries at 120 pesos an order an a lot more. the area can be crowded so that there could be a waiting line outside during lunch and early dinner time.

opens 8:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday.

Favorite Dish: the different fruit and milkshake combinations off course! the prices start at 80 pesos up to 160 pesos and the price depends on the ingredients like if your ordering a banana milkshake, it costs only 80 pesos but for strawberry milkshake, the price is 160 pesos. the servings of the food and the shakes are large!

Aria: famous Italian Place in D'Mall

by machomikemd Written Jan 26, 2010

hungry

they say that this is the most famous and most expensive italian themed restaurant in the boracay area. there is the saying that "You Get what you pay for!" and these is proven here in this resto in front of the D'mall facing the beach. the price is definitely not cheap like the thin crust all meat pizza that we ordered at 545 pesos an order and the parma ham salad at 450 pesos an order. the shakes are also superb in this resto and costs 120 to 140 pesos an order but are way smaller than the ones in Jonas (the famous milk shakes place in boracay) we ordered quattro formaggi pizza at 450 pesos (a pity that vurtual tourist only allow 5 pictures per tip) and the spaghetti bolognese at 350 pesos an order. whew, we were stuffed after!

Favorite Dish: the thin crust hand tossed wood fired pizzas are the best! the spaghetti bolognese a\is also outstanding but the shakes are smaller than in Jonas though.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

La Carmela Restaurant: dining hall of La Carmela Resort

by machomikemd Updated Jan 26, 2010
    the area

it is one of the restaurants of the la carmela resort complex and this restaurant occupies the second floor area and they provide all you can eat buffetts at lunch time ranging from 250 pesos per persons (not many food choices though) and 500 pesos at dinner time. they also serve ala carte dishes and meals with an average entree costing about 250 pesos an order without drinks.

Favorite Dish: we ate here twice with the buffett but it was not that outstanding but again at 250 pesos per person including drinks and dessert, it was very affordable. my favorite will be the scampi pasta and the asian stewed pork.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Boracay Island

Comments

Boracay Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boracay Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boracay Island sightseeing.

View all Boracay Island hotels