Boracay Island Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Boracay Island

• mojacko's Profile Photo

Upper Crust: Great meals , great deal

by mojacko Written May 8, 2006

Our last lunch on the island proved to be the perfect goodbye to our vacation. Upon the recommendation i found in this forum, we ate here and chose the set meal for 5. We had chop suey, perfectly grilled and very fresh squid, sinigang na tanguigue, grilled chicken and i ordred a plate of gralic shrimps. My mom said it was the best meal she had on the island! Delectable!

Favorite Dish: It's a toss-up between the garlic shrimps in butter which met all my expectations and the grilled shrimp which was soft and flavorful

pic of the bar

Rumba's Bar and Restaurant: More than just a bar

by asianbelle Updated Feb 2, 2006

Rumba's is one of the few places that is open until 2am. Primarily a beer joint but they also serve dinner meals. Choose a table outside since the indoor ones are occupied by guys who drink and smoke while watching soccer on cable TV.

Favorite Dish: Well I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put in my review.

I had grilled blue marlin but not very happy about it. The serving was ample but the fish tastes of "something fishy". Maybe it was due to the absence of lemon sauce; it was served with soy sauce with chopped chilli. Good thing I was really hungry so I was able to consume the entire piece.

Rumba's Bar and Restaurant

Cafe Breizh Creperie Bretonne: Fruit Crepes

by asianbelle Updated Feb 3, 2006

If you're looking for French crepes, there's also one in the island. Cafe Breizh serves a variety of fruit crepes, from single fruit to combination of 2 to 4 fruits. The crepes are made infront of you if you opt to stay at the bar.

However, I suggest moving to a table outside and dine in a truly French fashion - al fresco. Sitting under coconut trees, listening to "cool" island music, and watching the setting of the sun while waiting for the order to be served was a truly relaxing way to unwind.

But keep an eye on the servers, most of the time they are nowhere to be found. Are they that trusting? Or was there a staff shortage?

Favorite Dish: I am a mango crepe addict but it's not on their menu. The closest I could find is Tropic Crepe which, as the name suggests, is a combination of 4 tropical fruits - mango, pineapple, banana and papaya - and topped with honey sauce. Thus I ordered tropic crepe, but requested to dispense with the other ingredients and have only mangoes in my crepe.

Cafe Breizh Creperie Bretonne

• mojacko's Profile Photo

Bamboo bar and resto: Try a buffet!

by mojacko Written May 12, 2006

We wanted a buffet but didn't really like mongolian bbq so we found a place that offered fresh crabs, clams, pasta, and surprise! lechon, too! While the crabs weren't so big , the pasta nothing spectacular, and the caldereta had very little meat, it was a buffet soi had no problem going back again and again! And all for just PhP 200!

Favorite Dish: I had the most delicious tropical fruitshake with strawberries. I daresay even better than Jonah's!

burp!

Cocomangas: Happy Hour

by honeymoon4ever Written Apr 10, 2006

This bar I think has the longest happy hour,I dont exactly know what time it starts but its up 9.30pm. Their cocktails like watermelon vodka,pineapple margarita and bailey's,my favs, are served in bottles of ladies choice mayo,the medium sized one,I think and serve it two per order for the price of one which cost around 120 pesos only and your satisfied! The food is also great like steamed oysters,grilled squid and my favorite their pizzas are also scrumptious!You can opt to stay at the resto with low rise tables with bean bags or better yet at the beach itself under the giant lantern hanging by the coconut trees.What a sight to see!

Pineapple margarita Cocomangas'  trademark...how did you get up there? Pizza margarita and hot and spicy drumsticks

• joysweet's Profile Photo

Cyma: Greek Food

by joysweet Written Jul 16, 2006

This is the 2nd time I've tried Greek food (not sure if gyros are greek?). The restaurant is a bit out of the way - you really can't see it immediately as there are no signs that are outstanding.

Favorite Dish: We ordered lamb chops (my first time) about 500+ - the meat sa juicy, although some parts are a bit hard to chew. The appetizer (forgot what it's called) is about 300+. We also ordered their bottomless iced tea. The cook slipped that their formula is just lipton black tea bags + calamansi + their secret ingredient vanilla. The bottomless iced tea was great since we ate here right after our talipapa shopping.

moi with the Cyma menu lamb chops with potatoes appetizer sampler my cousin mike enjoying the lamb chops my cousin mike

• cherish's Profile Photo

BANZA: Authentic Portugese food

by cherish Written Jan 20, 2005

This restaurant is definitely worth visiting. The food is excellent even when compared to restaurants in the city or the rest of the world. The ingredients are absolutely fresh and the flavors are just intoxicating. Everything bursts in your mouth. This is one of my favorite restaurants ever.

Favorite Dish: Bacalao (slated cod fish) -delicious!, this seafood rice dish thats a cross between paella and risotto- i can't remember the name. Their grilled specialties are also excellent. And of course wash everything down with Sangria.

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Aria: Wood Fire Oven Pizzas

by arni_ph075 Written Feb 1, 2006

I spend 3 nights in Boracay and 2 dinners are both in ARIA. I love the food and the place.

My favorite table, is those low table that you seat on the oversized pillows, with "banig" as mat. All just few steps away from the ocean. Candlelit, great for long conversations with friends or just enjoying the night away.

What amaze me most, is the very fast service, its semi fine dining but the pizza and pasta are delivered within 5-10 minutes even if its full house. All are food attendants are very friendly and act fast on all your request.

The restaurant serve mostly Italian dishes, all really good, and the famous wood fire oven for the pizzas. Price is also average Manila price , around 700 pesos for 2 person.

Definitely recommended to all!

Favorite Dish: Tortolino a great appetizer, rolled pizza (cooked in an oven using wood fire), with ham, mushroom and lots of mozarella.

Bascaiola and the carbonara pasta are also yummy.

Pizza with tomato, mozarella and parma ham is definitely tasty. All served hot.

Parma Ham Pizza my favorite table

Real Coffee and Tea Cafe: A Cozy little place in Boracay

by honeymoon4ever Written Apr 10, 2006

I never thought that there would be a place in boracay that's a home away from home.This is REAL COFFEE and TEA CAFE owned by Ms. Lee Rosaia,an Italian lady and her daughter.The owner herself chats with you while sipping her iced mocha with banana as if she'd known you for a long time...very friendly indeed.She even speaks fluent cebuano dialect but not Tagalog.And she's been leaving in the Philippines for 10 years now!The cafe is a nipa hut with low rise tables with pillow and a bar where you can see her freshly baked goodies in front of you like oatmeal cookies and her new concoction,the calamansi cupcake.Yummy!She told me to tell you that you can order their baked goodies by the dozen and bring it back home freshly baked and hot from the oven.She even puts pictures on the ceiling with lots of famous celebrities hanging around and if your lucky,you can even have your picture hanged if she doesn't erase your mail....hehehe,that is if she doesn't know who you are.Right,Miss Lee?

Real Coffee and Tea Cafe Ms> Lee Rosaia Real coffee bar Iced Mocha with banana

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Aria: That was fast! Really Fast!

by asianbelle Updated Feb 7, 2006

Fancy Italian pizza and pasta? Then you MUST go to Aria. Not only the food tastes good, the service is fast and efficient. No wonder it is almost always fully booked. This worked to our advantage as we were shown to a "low" table instead of the conventional ones.

A native mat or "banig" is spread out on the sand. A low square wooden table, probably a foot off the ground, is placed at the center where a scented candle is lit. Instead of chairs, we sat on soft square pillows.

What left a lasting impression on me is their fast service. I can't recall eating in a pizzeria where a freshly baked pizza is served within 10 minutes. It happened here! About 5 minutes after we placed our order, our pasta came. Another 5 minutes and here comes our pizza. Surprised by their efficiency, I asked the server how they did it. According to her, it is their policy to try to serve a pizza within 3-5 minutes upon order.

Favorite Dish: A pizza is good for 2-3 persons and a plate of pasta can be shared by 2. We got an Aria pizza and Carbonara. Aria pizza is made of thin crust with mozarella cheese, tomato and big slices of parma ham. Unlike the other Carbonara I had, this time it has no white sauce and sauteed on olive oil. However, instead of bacon strips, they only have bacon bits.

Aria

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Cafe Breizh: Crepes and Sunsets

by arni_ph075 Written Feb 1, 2006

Cafe Breizh Creperie Bretonne French Cuisine got a cozy feel, you may decide to dine near the cooking area, to witness the expert way of preparing crepe, else dine on the seating area along the beach. The ambiance is really good, I love it there, its just next to Cafe del Mar that plays great chill out music.

Eating crepe while waiting for the famed Boracay sunset is a great past time :-)

My concern only is they are lacking staff, only 2 person the last time Im there, if you are seating on the beach area, its hard to call the attention of the food attendants. Its much faster if you be the one to go to the cooking counter to pay or ask for some utensils.

Favorite Dish:
    I order La Pinay, sweet crepe with ripe mango, chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream.
    I got a great feeling that this is a branch of Cafe Breton , famed crepery here in Manila, as the menu is very similar and even the mode of naming the crepes.

It taste average unfortunately with the humidity of Boracay the ice cream melten very fast. Average price is at 130 pesos per crepe.

La Pinay

Paradiso resto: Lobster!

by honeymoon4ever Written Apr 10, 2006

PARADISO RESTO displays their fresh seafood just infront of the resto like blue marlin,oysters,clams,crabs, and lobsters!They also have marinated pork and chicken on display ready for grilling.The price is reasonable,per grams, w/c includes the cooking and rice.We ordered Lapu-lapu sinigang,Blue marlin steak and the finale,LOBSTER!Its quite expensive,around 280 pesos/grms but deliciously grilled with lemon and butter sauce.

Lobster!

• ORoldan's Profile Photo

Accross SUNSHINE PLACE: The Barbecue in the Island!

by ORoldan Updated Nov 23, 2005

Best deal in Boracay, P10.00 for pork barbecue.
    We tried other vendors (they may all look the same) but for more than 3 years now, this has remained to be my favorite.

Perfect with sunset beer. Opens in time for happy hour. Feel free to take sticks with you to Jay-Jay's Bar (normally a great place which I'd recommend if the new waitresses hadn't tried to cheat me during my last visit) to eat with your beer.

Choose between sweet sauce or spicy sauce -- or better yet, ask for "sweet and spicy".

Favorite Dish: Nothing can beat pork barbecue at P10.00 -- that's not even USD0.20!

I always ask for CHICKEN LIVER a day before, it's a special order that's worth the wait.

Numerous patrons from Cebu have been "planning" to teach them to make "puso" or hanging rice -- check if they ever start serving it...

my favorite barbecue vendor in Boracay

Manana Restaurant: Dish in clay pot

by asianbelle Updated Feb 7, 2006

Craving for Mexican food in Boracay? Ariba, ariba! one coming up! Yes, Manana Restaurant serves good Mexican cuisine. It is a small restaurant near BS1 made of native materials but the interior design is reminiscent of Mexico. Even the dishes are served in clay pots.

The resto maintains an "you order, we cook" policy to ensure that food are served hot. As a result, it may take some time for the order to be served. And they have big servings, one plate can be shared by 2 persons.

Favorite Dish: For starter, we had nachos dipped in either bean paste or tomato salsa. The nachos was freshly baked and crunchy.

For main dish, we had burritos. A single order comes with 2 burritos, choice of chicken or beef (or both), tomato-mixed rice, mashed potato, bean paste and around 4 assortments of dip. I especially like the beef burritos which is really yummy.

Manana Restaurant

• joysweet's Profile Photo

Jonah's Fruit Shake: Fruity Shakes

by joysweet Written Feb 25, 2006

The best best best mango milkshake i've ever had. My mom was so curious on how they create their shake she ended up spying at their kitchen! :) Highly recommended by friends as was the Choco-Peanut-Banana combination but I found it too common for my taste - it tasted a lot like one of my diet supplement drinks! Loved their Mango (Plain) Shake and Avocado Milk as well.

Favorite Dish: Mango Milk Shake - very fresh and ripe mango flavor, they don't seem to be skimpy on the fruit and milk

Instant Answers: Boracay Island

Comments

Boracay Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boracay Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boracay Island sightseeing.

View all Boracay Island hotels