Diving, Boracay Island

by jayjayc
  • sirenna's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by sirenna Updated Sep 4, 2005

Definately an activity worth trying while you are in Boracay. Experienced divers should try the wreck, and the wall dive at Yapak. White Beach Divers come highly recommended - they are a nice friendly crowd. They offer courses in English and German. They can also film your experience for you - a nice souvenir to take home.

Diving in Boracay

• Kellydhotbabe's Profile Photo

Ariel's Point - A Must Try Boracay Activity

by Kellydhotbabe Updated Nov 5, 2013

It is a separate island (or rather a rock formation) from Boracay Island. The meeting area is in White Beach. The boat departs around 11 AM.

They provide Drink and Eat (Lunch) All-You-Can so going to Ariel's Point, we started drinking and getting to know other people on the boat. By the time we arrive at Ariel's Point, we already gained friends and had fun with the activities you can do in the resort. There is a swimming pool, a bar (with unlimited beer and sodas), and of course the really high cliff diving sites. You can also explore the whole resort because there are lots of amazing views!

I also like the food that they serve during lunch. Lots of grilled seafood and liempo!

Going back to Boracay island, we had party on the boat! We danced and laughed and shouted with enjoyment! They even rotated the free Rum Shots!

• Singles
    • Adventure Travel

• balfor's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving...

by balfor Written May 17, 2009

Greetings all!
    I just got back from the Philippines yesterday. I had a GREAT time there. Unfortunately, Cebu Pacific messed up our travel plans and instead of arriving on Boracay at 11 am, we didn't get there until 6 pm, so I only managed to get one dive in on Fridays Reef while I was there. It wasn't the most challenging of dives, but it was the first open water dive I've made in over a decade, so a simple dive was good. :-)

I don't have my dive log handy so don't recall the name of the dive shop we used but I'll put up a tip about it when I get home and can look up the info. (I'm currently at work.... shhhhh.... don't tell my boss I'm on VT! *grin*) I'll have some positive and negative points about that shop though. It wasn't Lapulapu OR the Blue Mango though. We'd done a boat tour with all of our non-diving friends and didn't hit the dive shop until about 4 pm and most of the operators were already done for the day. The fourth or fifth shop we tried, however, was willing to take us out and by the time we were ready to go, they'd garnered a couple more divers to join us. :-) Saw a little bit of marine life, played with the gear and got used to being underwater again. :-) It was a very good way to spend a couple of hours of my day!

Dive boat getting ready to get underway in Boracay Diver on his way to the boat
    • Water Sports

• Sobe-A-Rush's Profile Photo

Boracay Diving

by Sobe-A-Rush Written Oct 11, 2013

The entire island of Boracay is surrounded by reef and there are 30-plus dive sites within a 15- to 20-minute boat ride. You will definitely enjoy diving in Boracay considering that you have a lot choice once you decide to go scuba diving and enjoy Boracay's majestic underwater world. You can be assured that different forms of life underwater can be found in abundance.

(photo from Google images)

• jvsabas's Profile Photo

Go deeper, try scuba diving...

by jvsabas Updated Apr 4, 2011

There's lots of scuba outfits on the Island. We went with New Wave Divers at Lorenzo Main Resort. Debbie and Noel were excellent instructors who made sure we were thoroughly familiar with our equipment. Then they led us novices on a fascinating underwater tour.

9m down
    • Study Abroad

• Scuba diving

by lhai Updated Jan 21, 2008

Been in Boracay Island for my birthday '07 celebration, and it was a great experience. Many things to do actually and i recommend to try scuba diving. The water is clear and the corals are great. For beginners like me, it was a bit heart-thumbing especially that I was the only one among the group who pursued to do the activity. So it was a solo underwater trip with my PADI dive master. The dive cost is reasonable USD65/dive, inclusive of complete equipment and gear, plus underwater photo and video footage souvenir of your own dive. And I was so lucky ‘coz I had a chance to have additional dive for free, HOW??? All the while of my diving, the dive master knew that the memory card for video was already in the digi-cam, but then after that dive upon transferring all the photos to the computer, it was found out that the memory card wasn’t there, so I didn’t have my video footage. Since video was included in the package, it was requested to repeat the dive for video shoot for FREE!!! Hahaha lucky ryt?... :-)

• Water Sports
    • Aquarium

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving with Watercolours

by CEP1863 Written Nov 27, 2013

There are a myriad of dive centres to choose from on Boracay Island all within walking distance of each other. I chose Watercolors after initially going in with an enquiry and being more than impressed with their level of customer service from the outset. All of the staff were friendly and professional, they listened to what I wanted and did their best to organise dives for me accordingly. At the end of a days diving, there is a hot shower and clean towels available back at the dive shop. Rental gear was in good condition and well looked after. We did a good mix of dives including a couple of deeper dives. The only disappointment for me was not getting to dive Yapak during my stay but overall I was more than happy with my experience and I would not hesitate to dive with them again.

Waterclors, Borocay
    • Women's Travel

• shohman's Profile Photo

diving

by shohman Written May 13, 2010

Dive tours for all levels are available and prices are negotiable. I'm not a diver but several friends have been here and love it for the clarity of the waters

• Skye_Miles's Profile Photo

All Play...no work

by Skye_Miles Written Feb 25, 2003

Diving, Boating, Wind surfing, scuba diving, Fishing,,,,check out the bat caves.
    If you want to be a certified diver, scuba diving lessons are affordable.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Boracay Island

Comments

View all Boracay Island hotels