Fun things to do in Boracay Island

by annabano

Most Viewed Things to Do in Boracay Island

Getting around.

by Madasabull Updated Feb 8, 2014

The best and cheapest way to get around really, is by Bike Taxi.

These things are really cheap and a trip to White Beach for us was 100 peso (around £1.20) each way from the pier, and along the main road that runs along between Station 1 and Station 3 at White Beach, and you want to move between Stations, it is around 20 peso.

And of course, if your asking to be dropped off at any hotel or place you want a drink at or whatever, then this will not be a fixed price like the Pier to White Beach, or between Stations on the Main Road, and you will probably be told a price that suits both parties.

If you want to hire the taxi on an hourly basis, look at paying around 300 peso and hour. If they give you a higher price, get it back down to around 300 peso, or try another taxi.

Im a big fellow, and had no trouble getting in the back of one of the taxi's while my wife had plenty of room in the front. I was bent over a little, but hey, it's cheap and great fun.

Faces on the street.

by Madasabull Written Feb 7, 2014

The people seemed over all, to be friendly and happy, although as you can see by my pics, not everyone had things to live for.

We got waves of young children mostly, which was really nice, and if we asked anyone anything, they were only too happy to try to ask.

We had a bike taxi driver leave in stitches on our way back from White Beach, he was about 40 years old, my wife and I are 50, and he asks Sue if she would like to adopt him and take him back to the UK as his child, and then he burst out laughing with the most infectious laugh. He went on to say he didn't need the breast milk.

Then he tells me about how pretty the young women are, and tells me that I will be back when my wife dies. I told him I might be back before she dies. And then my wife pretended to push me out of the back of the taxi, saying that I might die before her :)

The drive lasted about 15 minutes and all 3 of us couldn't stop laughing the whole time.

• Luxury Travel
    • Singles

White Beach Boardwalk

by Madasabull Written Feb 7, 2014

We were dropped off at Station 2 by our motorbike taxi, and just getting there, through the winding small roads that cut through the from the main road, was a thrill.

When we got to the end of the road, which was right at the Boardwalk of White Beach, we were hit with a spectacular view of huge pine trees hanging over a beautiful beach.

Once on the walkway, looking left and right, it was hard for us to decide which way to go at first, because both way looked like a lot of fun. We went right, heading up towards Station 1.

Along the way were some really nice looking bars and restaurants, and at one place, people were cooking 2 whole pigs on spits in the open air over coals, and the smell was something else. We both looked at each other drooling over all that crackling.

Further along, passing yet more bars and restaurants, and gift shops, we stopped for lunch at the entrance to a small mall, before walking off the meal along the waters edge. Great.

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

VISIT KALIBO - ATI-ATIHAN FESTIVAL

by LoriPori Updated Aug 18, 2012

Located in the northwest of Panay Island, KALIBO is the capital of the Province of Aklan.
    Tourist activity peaks in the heart of Kalibo every January, as the yearly celebration of the world-famous Santo Nino Ati-Atihan Festival, takes Place here. Hans and I and several VT Members, had the opportunity to witness this exciting festival, as a bus was arranged for us, to take us there. It was an amazing experience.
    Public transportation around Kalibo is by tricycle and jeepneys. Kalibo's main industry is agriculture with the primary products being rice and coconut.

• jayjayc's Profile Photo

Boracay things to do

by jayjayc Updated May 27, 2012

-Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Windsurfing, Kiteboarding, Cliff Diving (Buruanga), Zip-line, Zorb Ball.

-Year 2012: Zorb Ball and Zip line, Php800/head (includes round trip transfers, meeting place @ Budget Mart, D'Talipapa)
    -Year 2007: Banana Boat ride, Php250/head but each paid Php130 only (tawad lang ng tawad, wahaha!)
    -Year 2007: Wall climbing @ D'Mall, Php40 / head (easy, average, difficult)

• Ramonq's Profile Photo

Indulge in Retail Therapy

by Ramonq Written Jan 24, 2012

Yes, even Boracay has a mall but unlike other Filipino counterparts in the big cities, this one is an open air pedestrian mall with a tropical flair, that offers all sorts of goods and services.

Here you will find all sorts of shops and where you find banks, grocery stores, phone companies, even kiddie rides. There are of course, massage parlours, restaurants and bars along its route.

• suroyista's Profile Photo

Food Trippin' in Boracay

by suroyista Updated Sep 18, 2011

Whether you are a Picky or an Adventurous eater, Boracay Island has something to offer to you. You can find almost anything you want to eat and drink.

If you are the type of person who eats like "there's no tomorrow", numerous restaurants offer "eat all you can" buffet for a very affordable price.

If you are more of a "fine dine" type, there are specialty restaurants around that might just satisfy your discriminating taste. Just be prepared to shell out a little more cash.

If you are on a tight-budget, worry no more because there are many small restaurants that offer budget meals.

With all these, I am sure no one will get hungry in this amazing island. Happy Eating!!! ;o)

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Relax, Let Go, Unwind...Go For A Reef Walk

by cyndymc Updated May 6, 2011

After seeing Boracay's reef walk featured on local tv, I've become so obsessed with it. I promised myself, I'll conquer all my fears going undersea so I can go helmet diving... and finally, I experienced it^_^

My eldest daughter joined me in the reef walk adventure. After an orientation, we wore a 35-kg oxygen helmet which became "weightless" undersea. It was attached to a tube which in turn was attached to an oxygen tank on the platform. This enabled us to easily and freely walk on the reef (we were about 4 meters down the platform). Our dive master-guide gave us bread to feed the fish. In no time, we were surrounded by colorful fishes. The little child in me was so happy with the experience seeing through the clear water, walking through the reef and seeing live corals, feeding the fish and playing with them. Oh my! The feeling is indescribable! You got to do it to know that profound joy I had under the sea.

Agents always say helmet dive used to be P2,500 per person, but they will give you a special price. I think it's just sales talk... The first time we tried this, we got ours for only P500/pax, with 1:1 coaching/guidance (1 dive master-guide per tourist) and free souvenir pictures and video in a cd. There were others offering P400-450/pax, also with free cd but only 1 diver-guide for the whole group. For a small price difference, we opted to go for safety and credibility of the Red Coral team. In our recent trip, we paid only P400/pax, still with free cd and diver-guide.

I think the agents try to charge higher if the tourists look like foreigners. My mestizo-looking nephew was being charged P1,500 because he was mistaken for a foreigner.

Although you can have the helmet dive/ reef walk from 7am to 3pm, the best time for reef walk is in the morning (before 10am) because the sea is calm, ensuring good visibility. We had ours at about 9am. After 10am, the waves cause movement of sand in the waterbed, sometimes causing visibility problems. In the afternoon, it could be dark underwater.

Note: More pictures in my travelogue^_^

• Diving and Snorkeling

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Rent a Sailboat

by seoulgirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

We took a ride on a sailboat, just the two of us with a crew of 3. It was 10$ an hour or 500 pesos. Ask John at Sailors Bar (which is just an outdoor stand) next to the German restaurant entitled Kurt and Marz for the rental of the boat. You may see the white and blue boats sitting on the beach. You have to sit on the fish netting on the side of the boat so it's not great for children. See picture.

• Disabilities

• boracayinformation's Profile Photo

Discover Boracay by sea - Become a pirate

by boracayinformation Updated Apr 4, 2011

There are many ways to discover the natural beauty of Boracay, but one of the best way`s is by sailing boat or Paraw, how this local sail boats are called here. Visit the " Red Pirates Pub " in Angol along White Beach and look for Captain Joey. This guy not only looks like an real pirate, he is an true one by heart and soul. Grown up on Boracay he knows the shore line around the island and even the best keep secrets: The secluded beach coves, the hidden underwater cave in Balinghai, the best places for an romantic beach BBQ or the right time for an unforgettable sunset turn. But the " Red Pirates Pub " is also more than very worth to visit even your not going out for your next sail trip. It´s an very unique place right on one of Boracay´s best beach spots. A collection of drift woods, rare plants, shells and whatever the waves brings to the shores. Hang loose and listen to the sounds of yesterday. Enjoy your drink together with travelers from around the globe or chat with some friendly locals.

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• sirenna's Profile Photo

Tamarind

by sirenna Updated Apr 4, 2011

Experience sailing on the beautiful 40 foot yacht Tamarind. They offer sunset trips ($20) half day ($40) and 3 day ($60) cruises.
    I went on the 3 hour sunset cruise around the coast of the island - it's a really lovely experience. Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and snacks are included in the price. You can usually find Mike or Chrisi at Nigi Nigi's bar in the evening to make a booking.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

The lone rock

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 19, 2011

They said your stay wouldn't be complete without having your photo taken at the rock with the small grotto on it. You will have a nice view of the white sandy coast of white beachon top of the Big rock.

• michelle.jaguimit's Profile Photo

Barkada Trip Day 1: Boys vs. Girls Photo Shoots

by michelle.jaguimit Written Jul 20, 2010

4 Girls and 4 Boys- 3pairs are real life lovers, I'm on the freelance side. Our room is not ready yet so we took some funny pictures in the white sandy shore of Boracay. Every angle is such a nice view. Walk around and you'll see the sand castle built by the locals, however, taking a picture with it will be subject to donation.
    You may take a video from your room going to the shore line or vice versa. Load this up to your memorabilia or face book account.

• Adventure Travel
    • Photography

• shohman's Profile Photo

get married!

by shohman Written May 13, 2010

We have friends and family all over the world, so how do we get married and include them all? We didn't, but we were shocked at just how many traveled halfway across the world to join us on our special day.
    My best 'man' was even a VT'er..Hotsauce28!

• shohman's Profile Photo

rent a boat

by shohman Written May 13, 2010

We were approached several times by vendors offering everything from dive trips to boat rides to helicopter tours and everything in between. We choose a 4 hour boat ride for 5 people that stopped at several islands and included snorkeling. It was also a bonus that it was timed so that we would see the sunset, which is spectacular here. The cost? about $50 US, or $10 per person. Well worth it.

Boracay Island Hotels

Latest: Mar 23, 2014
Roxon Apartments Boracay
Latest: Mar 20, 2014

Instant Answers: Boracay Island

Comments

Boracay Island Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Boracay Island locals.
Map of Boracay Island