Kalibo Restaurants

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

STREET VENDORS: FESTIVAL STREET VENDORS

by LoriPori Written Feb 5, 2012

Pork/Chicken bbq sticks

With thousands of parade watchers and parade participants, you know there are going to be many STREET VENDORS selling food of all kinds. Popular vendor s were the ones selling BBQ pork/chicken on a stick (Pic # 1). They were everywhere. There was one enterprising young man selling corn-on-the-cob (Pic # 2). Throughout the parade route there was all kinds of other booths selling everything from ice-cream cones, cold pop and water bottles, candy, etc,

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

NEW PEKING HOUSE: AUTHENTIC CHINESE FOOD

by LoriPori Written Feb 5, 2012

VT Group at New Peking House

Saturday, January 14, 2012
    It was getting close to lunch time, so a bunch of us went in to NEW PEKING HOUSE. It was a small family run restaurant serving very delicious authentic Chinese food and it was very busy. We ordered our food. Hans and I shared a huge dish of sweet and sour chicken and an order of white rice. It was delicious and plenty of food to eat. Also we got to sample other dishes from the other members who shared, as hey also had huge plates of food.
    All in all a good experience and the prices were unbelievable.
    Hans and I had the chicken dish, plus 2 bottles of water, plus 2 bottles of Sprite and our bill came to 244 Pesos ($5.00 U.S.)

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Miggy's Place: Delicous Food In A Relaxing Garden Restaurant

by cyndymc Written May 20, 2010
    Inside Miggy's Place

Upon reaching Kalibo Airport, we decided to have brunch at Miggy's Place, a garden restaurant in the compound of Kalibo Airport. Miggy's Place reminds me of Kainan sa Dalampasigan in Nasugbu, Batangas. As a plant lover, I delighted at the sight of greens and flowers in the surroundings. They complemented the native decor very well. I liked the refreshing country-style/motif of Miggy's Place.

After our brunch, we lingered for a while, as the line to the entrance of the airport was still long (due to security check), and the restaurant manager didn't mind our staying longer after our meals.

Favorite Dish: I liked my tuna sandwich; tasted good and serving was big enough to share, but I didn't like their coffee.

I've already finished my tuna sandwich when I noticed the tarpaulin for its Gourmet Sandwiches using sugar-free breads like ciabatta, whole mill, sesame, 8 grains, French baguette,pesto, focccia, etc. served with vinaigrette and olive oil, TLC, chips. Choioce of Iced tea or lemonade is served with the gourmet sandwiches.

• Business Travel

• Kitty's Kitchen: Love the decor, the food and the price

by thesoultraveler Written Jan 29, 2010

I'm Belgian.My wife is from this place.The owner said it only opened last month. This restaurant is the best we ever tasted so far in our visit in Kalibo.There a lot of europeans and tourist dining with some locals. We ate lunch, the fish dish I ordered was great. The waiters said their burgers were the fast sellers. I'm definitely going back there this weekend.

Favorite Dish: Fish in mango salsa has mexican written over it. The texture is good, perfectly cook.It's good but it would be better if they add a little more heat to it.

La Nena's: Lechon Manok

by sirenna Updated May 16, 2008

Lechon Manok

The speciality at La Nena's is Lechon Manok, which is a whole chicken (often served stuffed with lemongrass) spit roasted over hot coals. I'm not sure what they baste the chickens with, but the result is very tasty. They chop (or rather, hack) the chicken up for you, and it is served with sticky rice. I always get funny looks when I decline the rice (a meal isn't a meal without rice....) but I like the chicken on it's own, dipped in gravy. Wash it down with a cold San Miguel beer. Or a lukewarm one if that's all they have. Try to ignore the old guy in the corner spitting on the floor...
    Each time I have eaten there, I was the only foreigner in the place, and there's often a gang of giggling kids at the window peering in at me...
    Another chicken/grill restaurant which I have yet to try is the new Manokan Haus, a large nice looking restaurant opposite the new hospital.

Favorite Dish: I've only ever eaten the chicken there, but I think they serve ribs and pork chops too.

Mix & Match: Filipino Food

by sirenna Updated Dec 12, 2007

For Filipino food (and some western dishes) in nice surroundings, try Mix and Match restaurant. The service is friendly and prices are reasonable, though last time I was there a number of things on the menu were unavailable. The restaurant is a real pain to find - we always end up going round and round in circles until we stumble upon it. Its best to ask a local or trike driver for directions.

Favorite Dish: I prefer the Filipino food there rather than their attempts to recreate western style dishes.

Greenwich Pizza: Fast Food

by sirenna Updated Dec 10, 2007

Loads of Pepperoni

Greenwich Pizza is a fast food style eatery located at the entrance to the Guisano shopping mall. I first tried it simply because I couldn't bear to eat the overly sweet food at Jollibee one more time, but was pleasantly surprised by the place. The prices are very reasonable so my friends and I ordered several dishes to share. The lasagne was pretty tasty (and not sweet as it is in some Filipino restaurants), and so was the baked macaroni. They also serve spaghetti with carbonara or meat sauce toppings.
    The pizzas are good too, and if your appetite is small you can order by the slice. You can also order things like fried chicken and rice toppings such as chilli con carne, chicken ala king and beef and mushroom. We ordered lots of little extras like garlic breadsticks and pizzadillas, and made complete pigs of ourselves!
    There was a downside though - looking at the pictures on the menu boards it was impossible to tell what size the portions were going to be. Some things, such as the lasagne, were quite small, and the rice toppings by comparison, came in large portions.
    Overall, for a fast food restaurant (and I don't normally like fast food), this is a pretty good option.

Miggy's Restaurant: Airport Stop

by sirenna Updated Dec 2, 2007

Miggy's is located at Kalibo Airport, which is commonly used by visitors to Boracay Island. Having to check in a couple of hours before your flight, you will be left at a bit of a loose end in this small airport, as shopping and amenities are limited.
    Head for the attractive Miggy's Restaurant, which is a little green oasis in the parking lot. The exterior is festooned with climbing plants and shrubs, and the inside has a distinctly green theme too, along with wooden and bamboo furniture. We gravitated towards the back of the restaurant, which has a nice open air terrace overlooking the rice fields.

Favorite Dish: The menu is quite extensive, and includes European, Mexican & Filipino dishes. You can order German sausage, mixed salads, tacos, hamburgers and pasta, amongst other things. Service was slightly disorganised though, and a little slow - though perhaps not more so than the average Filipino restaurant.

• Gelato Resto Bar: Italian Gem

by SteveGemma Written Aug 19, 2007

A cute little Italian restaurant in the centre of Kalibo with atmosphere!!! It features a varied authentic Italian menu and local specialties. The service was very good, the staff pleasant and well informed. The decor depassed anything I had seen in the area, actually up-scale, with very unique massif hardwood tables and chairs and a quaint veranda on the second floor. Live music on weekends.

Favorite Dish: We tried several meals and enjoyed them all. Don't forget to save room for the tasty variety of Gelato (Italian style ice cream)!

• joysweet's Profile Photo

Coco Bar: Coco Bar

by joysweet Written Jul 16, 2006

We arrived at the airport early and the counter was still closed. So we decided, upon the recommendation of our van driver to eat here at Coco Bar.

Favorite Dish: The barbeque was tasty, the meat just right. Java rice could be better. We ordered a 2 litre coke from the neighbor's shop no corkage and they even gave us ice for the coke.

Instant Answers: Kalibo

Comments

Kalibo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kalibo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kalibo sightseeing.