Baler Sports & Outdoors

My first ride
    by IamPam
    Me and my friends at Mahdox surf school
    1st lesson on surfing-How to get up

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Baler

• IamPam's Profile Photo

Ride the waves of Baler!

by IamPam Written Jun 6, 2011
    1st lesson on surfing-How to get up

At first I was hesitant to try surfing because I'm so scared that I'll drown and my life will end like that. But after some sweet talking about how easy and safe (?) it is from a surfer friend, I muster enough courage and found myself at the beach listening to surfing lessons 101. We were lucky because we were introduced to MAHDOX surf school, the very first surfing school in the Philippines. After the basic lessons on how to stand we were off to the water.

Based on my experience, surfing in the beginning is really frustrating especially if you're seeing your friends standing up one by one. But, when you started standing up and riding the waves yourself, it was one of the most awesome and exciting feeling in the world.

Needless to say, I was hooked! I've been planning to go back to Baler again for some more surfing, next time that I'll be back, I hope to learn more.

Equipment: 1. Surf board, if you're a beginner you could rent at Mahdox surf school in Sabang Beach
    2. Courage to tackle the waves
    3. Determination to learn
    4. Ability to swim
    5. Paracetamol, ibuprofen and Mefenamic acid after surfing for your aching body haha!

• Water Sports
    • Beaches
    • Surfing

• mlt_t's Profile Photo

If you love SURFING this is the place!!!

by mlt_t Updated Apr 4, 2011

the waves of Baler

If you have to come and see for yourself the waves and the current that you'll going to love!!!

I put here the picture I've taken from this website who happen to be a family friend who passed away already.

Instant Answers: Baler

Comments

Baler Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Baler sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baler sightseeing.