Bagac Favorites

Meycauyan House
  • photos of 19th century inside by birgitte
    photos of 19th century inside by...

Most Recent Favorites in Bagac

QUIAPO HOUSE

by mlt_t Updated Jul 31, 2008

Favorite thing: History and featured of this house:

The gem in the crown of Philippine domestic architecture towers with all sense of urbanity lifted from the street by pairs of slender masonry posts and made even lofty by the ionic columns that adorn its second floor façade. The celebrated home of the Enriquez family had to be designed by no less than the Architect of Sto. Domingo Church and Felix Roxas. With its legendary status, it becomes reincarnated into no less than the Academia de Bellas Artes and crystallizes Quiapo’s reputation as the nerve center of art at the end of the 19th century.

Check-out my 4 more photos of unfinished and inside of Quiapo House

some photos I put here was taken by birgitte; she was with me and family our friends when we drop-by and visit this place again... P.S. I didn't bring my camera so she lend me some of her pictures.

Fondest memory: the place, the view, the ocean... I love it... really! the last time I was here was last middle of June 2008 with balikbayan friends. They'd build new more houses, which is vey beautiful and I already have my favorite... I will be back take new more photos to put here... sorry I'm not ready when we came over here so I don't have my camera again. Too bad!I didn't have the pictures of the new houses they're building. Wish we could come back because I heard they'd been working 24 hours a day... whew!

outside building of Quiapo House by birgitte unfinished  building of Quiapo House inside or 2nd floor of Quiapo House by birgitte photos of 19th century inside by birgitte front door building taken by birgitte

• mlt_t's Profile Photo

old houses, great beach and lovely sorroundings

by mlt_t Updated Jul 29, 2008

Favorite thing: I’d been visiting all the finished houses… but my 1st visit here is very scary experience for me, since we (with my husband & youngest daughter) visited the place at night in time my daughter and her company stayed overnight at the place. So we kind of like to check out the kids where they’d stayed and whose company she’s with. So we travel at night, from our house to the venue it took us 1 or 1 ½ hours travel by motorcycle… we love to stroll since it was such a beautiful night then we did go. So I was so excited and asked them to come with me and stroll the place when we arrived… it was between around 9-10pm then, I had this feeling… that someone is looking at me and following us while we are walking around and imagine less lights because it’s still under construction. My gosh! Like the saying that “someone is walking on your grave” ooohhhh… but I don’t mind because I know they’re just the spirit or ghost or caretakers/ owner of these old houses. I can live with that… lol! It’s nice to have someone with you guiding you around the house… lol!

ALL HISTORICAL VIEW OF ALL THE HOUSES WAS COPIED FROM CALENDAR 2008 OF THE REAL BANK the thrift bank* BUT OPINION, EXPERIENCE AND ALL PHOTOS WAS TAKEN AND WRITTEN BY ME. THANK YOU!

Fondest memory: Another unforgettable experience the next we visited this place and this happen during the day, since we had visitor from Davao City that first time in Bataan, so we bring them here… they called this house BULACAN since this house originally came from this place. The caretaker offered us to take a look and check out inside the house. Wow! Very impressive! They’d installed modern bathroom like toilet bowls, shower and kitchen for more convenient to be used for guest. My other company, was taking video of the place (that I didn’t knew at first) so we move to room by room and check out everything (some of owner friends and relatives had already stayed overnight in this house since it’s fully constructed or rather finished to live in) so after we check, and we go outside, he was checking and looking at his mobile phone and re-check again on his files to review the recording he did… hola! It’s nothing and he even re-checked again everything on his files and nothing! Nothing exist! Wow! We just told ourselves that maybe they didn’t like unwelcome visitors to there house. What a mysterious house but we’re not scared since I respect what they wanted.

walking around
    • Religious Travel

BALIUAG HOUSE

by mlt_t Written Jul 29, 2008

Favorite thing: History and feature of this house:

Undoubtedly one of stellar examples of Bulacan’s rich architectural heritage, this house from Baliuag shows the Filipino carver’s prowess in transforming what could have been a very plain adobe wall into a series of arches decorated with local flora and separated from each other by twisted columns that have the look of that favorite sweet snack – pilipit (twisted).
    Special thanks to “The Real Bank” (A thrift Bank) for the story of each houses from there 2008 calendar and also to the family of the owner for letting us explore this beautiful historic houses that each Filipinos will be proud off for restoring and protecting an important historic houses. I have my own comments or opinion with each house that you will see here.

Baliuag House
    • Archeology

CANDABA HOUSE

by mlt_t Updated Jul 29, 2008

Favorite thing: Featured of this house:

A good exaple of “ Bahay na Bato” (stone house), transitioning from the typical “Bahay Kubo” (nipa hut) or “cube house”. This house possesses the characteristic ventilation and square lay-out, but utilizing different materials with new methodologies of application. The massiveness and scale of this structure commands stability and supreme authority.

CANDABA HOUSE w/ my daughter & her friends

Favorite thing: History and featured of this house:

This daintily designed house exudes the air of lightness and delicacy as seen in the use of finely carved tracery, or caldo, that forms the archers which frame the veranda on the second floor landing. Contrasted with the solid adobe stone walls at ground level, the entirely wooden second floor seems weightless. Awnings, called media aguas, offer both shade from the heat and protection from the rain while the tiled roof above keeps the whole house cool and dry.

MEYCAUYAN HOUSE

by mlt_t Written Jul 29, 2008

Favorite thing: History of featured house:

This exquisite beauty from Meycauyan, Bulacan transform the window post by adding rounded bracket above it, an effective contrast to the gothic arches in very low relief carved onto the wall paneling, called banjejas. A carved staircase that had seen many a Bulakenya belle gliding down its steps is shaded by a roof that seems to hover above it. Curiously, an alien detail appears on the pediment of the façade- a clover leaf carved in the arts and crafts style bearing the year of the house’s construction: 1913.

Meycauyan House
    • Religious Travel

• freycinetti's Profile Photo

panorama

by freycinetti Written Mar 17, 2003

Favorite thing: tourism is one of the livelihood in the area. they have some motorized boats available to have a tour of the Jalosjos Island and other scenic spots.

coastal haven

Instant Answers: Bagac

Comments

Bagac Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bagac favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bagac sightseeing.