Morong Warnings and Dangers

NARROW ROAD
    by mlt_t
    NO STREET LIGHTS
    by mlt_t
    South China Sea.... almost sunset.
    by birgitte

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Morong

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Roads Under Repair

by cyndymc Written Mar 21, 2011

If you are going to the Pawikan Conservation Center by car, be sure it is roadworthy, and even so, drive carefully and slowly when you're passing through the dirt road...not recommended for vehicles with low/old suspension.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Unprofessional Booking Staff of Coral View Hotel

by cyndymc Updated Feb 3, 2009

Beware of Coral View Resort's marketing staff that book your stay. We have already paid 50% downpayment for our stay in Coral View Resort and have had close contact by phone with the marketing staff that booked us. On the eve of our supposed vacation, I even talked with her to ask if we could go to the resort and head for the beach before our check-in time. She clearly said it was perfectly okay. I asked if there was a nice view of the sunset from their beach resort, and she said yes...So off we went to Morong early in the morning so we could have more time in the beach. While we stopped for breakfast In SBMA, I thought of calling up the Morong office to check if they were informed of our early arrival. To my surprise, the Morong office didn't know of our arrival; in fact, they were fully booked that day! I called the marketing rept. who booked our stay, and demanded an explanation. She was silent for a moment, then when I told her what the Morong staff said, she said we were supposed to be booked the following day. She couldn't explain,however, why she didn't make immediate correction on our agreed date when in fact our downpayment deposit clearly stated our dates of stay. She also had momentary amnesia of our conversations just the day before.

Since we were already on the road to Morong, I just demanded for a refund of our deposit. In fairness to the Resort Manager in Morong, she readily reimbursed our downpayment. Fortunately, there was available private room at nearby White Coral Beach Resort... Otherwise, it would have been an unproductive, hellish road trip :(

• birgitte's Profile Photo

Zigzag roads.

by birgitte Written Sep 12, 2002

zigzag

Perhaps if I had stretched up a bit before taking this pic, you could see better how the road curves often. But by then, i was a bit dizzy. When I'm not driving, I tend to be more affected by zigzags.

Morong has plains and mountains. You have long stretches of highways and then roads that snake around the mountains. You wont see a lot of cars on the road but still it pays to be careful. Go slow on the zigzags as you've got a long way to go if you fall over the side. Do not be deceived by the thick folliage...... on the other side of some dense bush is nothing but the cliff.

If you are a first time biker in the area, get a feel of the road first. Many have skidded or lost control on the curves.

Better safe than sorry.

• birgitte's Profile Photo

Shark bait.

by birgitte Written Sep 12, 2002

South China Sea.... almost sunset.

You must remember that Morong is on open sea. While it is fairly safe along the beaches, if you swim too far asea, you can never tell what creature you will meet. So to be on the safe side, stick close to the shore.... and if you wish to check out/scuba dive a bit farther on, have people on a boat accompany you so if you have to retreat, you can go to the safety of the boat..... although I wonder if that would help much because I've heard tales told by fishermen claiming they've seen sharks longer than their boats. Oh well.. if it's your time, it's your time. Might as well support the circle of life. hehe.

• mlt_t's Profile Photo

BEWARE OF SLIPPERY ROAD AND ZIG-ZAG ROAD

by mlt_t Written Jul 31, 2008
    NARROW ROAD

CHECK OUT THE CURVING OF ROAD GOING TO MORONG... JUST BE CAREFULL THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR ALL TRANSFORTATION SPECIALLY FOR YOUR 1ST VISIT.

• Motorcycle
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Morong

Comments

Morong Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Morong warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Morong sightseeing.