Unique Places in Province of Bataan

Sunset Over Subic
    by syllybabe

Most Viewed Off The Beaten Path in Province of Bataan

• birgitte's Profile Photo

Check out how big they can grow their chickens!!

by birgitte Written Oct 27, 2002

A Zoo in Bataan? Nah, this was just an ostrich farm that caught my attention one afternoon. My mom pointed it out to me. You can find it somewhere in Hermosa along the old highway. Well, actually, you'll have to do a bit walking as it is a bit distant from the road. And you'll have to ask the caretaker if its ok to view the birds as they do not really do it for attracting tourist. But the people here are very friendly and accomodating..... you just have to show them the same respect you'd expect from other people. No fee but if you're feeling generous, maybe you could bring the caretaker some food gifts. We brought none but still he showed us the grounds and even explained about the eggs and how much it can cost. Also found out here that ostrich eggs are so hard you can step on it and it wont break. It costs more than $200 each though so even if he let me try, I wouldn't. hehe.

Soon I'll post more pics on Hermosa Bataan. VT has a separate page for it.

Ostrich farm

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Get lost...

by syllybabe Written Feb 25, 2003

We took the back road to Subic through the Morong gate. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a quicker route but we were hoping to catch the beautiful sunset over Subic. We missed it by a few minutes but we were still able to take a couple of pictures.

Sunset Over Subic

Limay Hotels
Hermosa Hotels
1 Review - 7 Photos

Instant Answers: Province of Bataan

Comments

Province of Bataan Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Province of Bataan off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Bataan sightseeing.
Map of Province of Bataan