Stores, Malls or Markets in Province of Batanes

• Me and the I LOVE BATANES t-shirt......:)
    Me and the I LOVE BATANES...
    by paolodecastro
    Adelina at work
    by livethedream
    Adelina infront of her store
    by livethedream

Most Viewed Shopping in Province of Batanes

• Miaherce's Profile Photo

Ginger Tea is a must!

by Miaherce Written Jul 4, 2012

What to buy: I went to Batanes last May and bought Ginger tea, aka Salabat as a "pasalubong" to my mother. Just this week I was down with the flu. I was raiding our kitchen for any tea that would help me with my congested nostrils, when I saw the Ginger tea. I tried it . Just a cup of hot water and a teaspoon of the Ginger tea, it eased my itchy throat and congested nose. What I like with this tea is, it has a mixture and sweet and spicy taste. Not like other Ginger tea I tried, I don't have to add any sugar. I find it addicting.

I am very satisfied with it. The problem is I bought only 2 bottles! So if your going to Batanes, please buy me a Ginger tea. I would happily pay you.

What to pay: a bottle which way 140 gram costs 60 pesos.

• Photography
    • Beaches

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo

Must have souvenir items

by paolodecastro Updated Nov 8, 2011

I think you have to have something in this place......
    best seller would be the vakul......
    This vakul....represents Ivatan...and Batanes as a whole....:)

What to buy: You have to have the I LOVE BATANES souvenis shirt - i wore it during my last day here in Batanes..........i love the place..........it shows in my tee-shirt hahhahhahaa

You have to have the vakul (for female ivatan farmer) and the slipper used by the ivatan farmer...i didn't bought na the salakot....I just took a picture with it....:) hhahahahaa

I also bought ivatan house keychain....for my officemates.......they loved it...:)

What to pay: I spent Php 1,300.00 for my souvenir items

Me and the I LOVE BATANES t-shirt......:)

• livethedream's Profile Photo

Of This And That Store: Souvenirs

by livethedream Updated Jan 24, 2007

T - our as you may
    O - ver "rolling hills and winding roads"
    U - ntil the beauty of Batanes becomes real
    R - eturn to your original home
    I - n complete joy
    S - o having been refreshed, move on!
    T - o serve with a fresh outlook in life

So goes the poem written by Lily N. Garcia on a greeting card I saw in Of This And That Store. It sums up my feelings about my Batanes trip. I bought the card and secretly mailed it to my travel buddy who later was pleasantly surprised to receive something from Batanes.

The store has all sorts of souvenir items like tshirts, greeting cards, postcards, stickers, even an Ivatan-Filipino-English dictionary.

• livethedream's Profile Photo

(No name): Handicraft Store

by livethedream Updated Jan 24, 2007

Adelina Ninos-LeVan's small shop does not have any sign outside. But we found her and ordered our Batanes souvenir fans from her. She makes all of the stuff in her shop, except for some special items like the vakul.

Adelina also does aromatherapy massage. Her service can be arranged thru her or your accomodation.

Adelina infront of her store Adelina at work

Instant Answers: Province of Batanes

Comments

Province of Batanes Shopping

Reviews and photos of Province of Batanes shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Batanes sightseeing.
Map of Province of Batanes