Bauan Travel Guide

no chance to fish & eat it sashimi style
    restaurant
    Warning!

Bauan Restaurants

by Aidy_p Updated Oct 10, 2011

After a good meal, the best thing that you can top it up with is with a dessert. Banners adorned the restaurant and every picture that you see of Halo-Halo really calls out to you.

Favorite Dish: This is the teaser taken from Chowking's website:

An appetizing mixture of sweetened ingredients arranged on a bed of snow ice with a generous serving of milk and topped with toasted pinipig, served in an elegant bowl with under liner. Can be topped with one or two scoops of delectable Cheese or Ube ice cream.

My mouth is already watering after reading this statement.

Halo-Halo: Are You Calling Me?

by Aidy_p Written Sep 22, 2011

I was told that Chowking was da bomb. How can I miss it then? So when we had a chance, I rubbed my hands with glee, and went in looking like a barbarian who have not had a meal for the last seven days.

Truly, I was just happy to get to a place where there's air-con and a chair to sit down. I had been walking nearly the whole entire day and these creature comforts made a big difference in my survival.

Favorite Dish: I'd my favourite sweet and sour pork rice meal all for 98 pesos. The meal came with crackers and also a drink. Totally love it.

Entrance of Chowking! Sweet and Sour Pork Rice

• Bauan Hotels

0 Hotels in Bauan

Bauan Transportation

by Aidy_p Written Sep 22, 2011

To give you a nicely framed shot, I sacrificed my life and limb to bring you this outstreched picture.

You see, we were stuck in a massive jam. My tricycle driver was never one to have the words 'No way' thrown to his face. So when the King of the Road jeepneys and cars were obediently trudging along, my driver was already scheming the next route.

Firstly, he took the side line, flying past all the vehicles on the left. A stationary jeep blocked his way. But really, nothing could deter him. Filtering into the jam, he moved his tricycle to the other side of the road and went against the traffic. Ohhhh Myyyy Goooodnesssss! He then cut to the side line of the oncoming traffic.

Thank God we reached our destination in a jiffy or else I would not have a spare pants to change into.

We Were Flying Along The Side Lane

by Aidy_p Written Sep 22, 2011

I love every ride on the jeepney as every ride brings you a different experience. The jeepneys are all uniquely customised and are the pride and joy of the drivers. There was even a jeepney that came with fully installed sub woofers and neon coloured lights. The driver was all bent on playing techno music. I was guaranteed a splitting headache after that particular ride.

Depending on the size of the jeepney, you can either sit 10 or 12 passengers. But that is what is officially stated. I had the honour to share a jeepney with 16 passengers. We were really butt-to-butt and the entire time, my friends and I were chuckling.

Just a point to note. One key difference between the jeepney and tricycle is that the jeepney works like a bus. They will ply the main roads while the tricycles bring you directly to your door step.

Wonderfully-Designed Jeepney

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Bauan? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Bauan

Comments

Bauan Travel Guide
Map of Bauan