Nasugbu Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Nasugbu

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Highlight of The Trip: Balut!

Balut, Balut Everywhere

Nothing can prepare you for such a unique fare. I've read about it on various websites and even searched out pictures of this creature.

I'd learnt from the very start that you never take balut lightly and when a host offers it to you, one must never reject it. You see, balut is an egg with a fertilised duck in it. This delicacy can be found around South East Asia but really, I believe it is popular in Philippines. Thus it becomes as much as a welcome gift from them as In Singapore where we offer our very own delicacy to our foreign guests - durian.

Favorite Dish: Take your pick. You can try the 17-day old eggs where the beaks and bones are not formed or for those who are brave enough, you can go for the 21-day-old eggs where you can chew on the bones, beak and everything else.

Being less adventurous, I decided to go for the younger egg. First you knock one end of the egg. You then peel the top shell, then you suck on the juice. It tasted like well, egg juice?

Then you continue to peel off the rest and what you have is a softer top where you can see the little under-formed duckling, and the bottom half which is alot harder and not so nice to eat.

Put a little salt and once you're ready, go for it!

7 Eleven: Stocking Up On Food

BIG 'Bao'

I know that you must be asking, "How can 7 Eleven be classified as a restaurant. To be frank, there are not many restaurants around and if this joint (This is also the only 7 Eleven in Nasugbu) provides me with food, I'm well and contented that this truly IS a restaurant!

Favorite Dish: Seeing a 7-Eleven in Nasugbu was like seeing modernity. We city clickers definitely knew this store.

In we went and I bought myself a drink and an ice cream. Not contented, I scoured the entire store. Lo and behold, I spotted the largest pork bun (Or in Mandarin, we call it 'bao') ever. It was so huge that I had to place a coin beside it to show how gigantic the bun was.

Well, I can say that my tummy was truly contented with the 'bao'.

Cafe de Nasugbu: Grandiose Meal

by Aidy_p Written Sep 21, 2011

My group of friends went around Nasugbu to check out what would be the best restaurant to bring our host to. They returned with a big contented smile. Yes, it shall be the restaurant near the town centre.

When we arrived for dinner, I was bowled away by their huge wooden doors that greeted us. The place was rather empty for a Saturday night so in that sense, we had the place all to ourselves.

Favorite Dish: The food, coupled with good fellowship, made that night a truly memorable one. We ordered dishes such as beef, pork and seafood soup.

One thing that the Filipinos cannot lack would be rice. We were given mountainous quantity of rice to go along with the dishes.

Overall, an ok restaurant if you really need to give yourself a treat.

Chicken Adobo

by Aidy_p Updated Sep 20, 2011

Chicken Adobo

This entry provides you with food that you may want to try when you're in Philippines rather than a specific restaurant.

Favorite Dish: This was our very first home cooked meal in Philippines - Chicken Adobo. This is a famous local dish that involves stewing chicken with vinegar. This single dish is so good that you will not need any other dishes to go along with rice.

Kusinta For Breakfast

White, Brown and Purple Kusintas

What better way to try out what their own locals have for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Kutsinta, or traditional rice cake provides you with a bright start to the morning. Though it's brown rice cake, these kusintas also come with a multitude of colours.

Freshly produced, these kusintas are chewy and taste wonderful when adding grated coconut on top of each piece.

Good enough to have them for tea or snacks!

Tasty Pork Menudo

Fav Dish - Pork Menudo

If you are in Philippines and have not tasted this dish, get yourself out of your hotel room and go look for this.

Favorite Dish: Pork Menudo is a famous filipino dish which can be served as a day-to-day dish that is eaten with rice. Cooked with potato and carrots, this pork dish will truly whet your appetites.

Pancit: Yummy Noodle

Yummy Pancit

Pancit is an interesting Filipino dish adapted from the Chinese culture. In Mandarin, it is known as pian shi or convenient dish. Fast to cook, good to eat. Hmm, is this not an instant noodle's tagline?

This is another dish that you should be able to find quite easily in restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the noodle as it reminded me of home comforts. In Singapore, we have this dish called Ee-Mee and the noodles (Sheng Mian in Mandarin) was used in this Filipino dish is similar to that of the local fare.

In addition to the use of using sheng mian, the host also mixed it with Bee Hoon (Bihon in Tagalog). Totally great tasting!

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Kainan sa Dalampasigan: More Than A Gustatory Delight

by cyndymc Updated Oct 2, 2009
    Dining Hall

Kainan sa Dalampasigan is a quaint restaurant with beautiful landscaping - a garden full of exotic plants with colorful blooms, vines with long aerial roots that draped down from the trellis, attractive garden accessories like birdcages and unique planters and surprisingly, an outdoor chapel.

The place was full when we arrived so we weren't accommodated immediately, but we didn't get bored because as shutterbugs,we couldn't resist taking pictures of so many beautiful and interesting subjects. After the photo shoot,we rested at the waiting area which was so refreshing, offering a good view of the garden.

A lovely indoor garden with man-made falls surrounded by bromeliads and orchids greeted us as we entered the restaurant. Original pages of newspaper/magazine feature articles on the restaurant were framed in bamboo easel stands, as if assuring us that we made the right choice. The interior decor was nice, as if there was a wedding reception because of the white drapes on the ceiling and colorful flowers on the tables.

The comfort rooms had native decor, and were very clean.

For update and more pictures, please view my Traveloque on Kainan sa Dalampasigan.

Favorite Dish: I missed taking pictures of our food, as we were so hungry and couldn't resist the smell of the grilled fish fillet with lemon-butter sauce, crispy pork thigh, "bulalo" (boiled beef w/ vegetables), fresh vegetable rolls, and "pinakbet" (mixed native vegetables w/ pork crackling & fermented shrimps paste). I can assure you though, the food was great!

• Kainan sa Dalampasigan: forget it

by fred2u2 Written Mar 30, 2011

This 'restaurant' is rubbish. it never has what customers want. The service is below international standards and the prices are a rip off by local comparison. There is no ambience . The building is just a large concrete shed with coruggated iron roof disguised with a cloth ceiling. The food is just average nothing special. Tips not worth it. parking is a mess.
    Visitors to Nasugbu would be better to look elsewhere for cuisine with a smile.

Favorite Dish: french fries

• marktqm's Profile Photo

Kainan sa Dalampasigan: The only decent restaurant in town, so far

by marktqm Written Aug 25, 2005

For first time visitors in Nasugbu, this restaurant is a must. Imagine having lunch or dining in a garden full of tropical plants it almost feels like you're in the jungle, with all those hanging roots and vines around you. The food is really great, and the owners are very cool and sociable, but secretive of the recipes.

Favorite Dish: Never ever forget to order the baked 'tahong' (mussels), Tanigue steak, Kare kare and Lumpiang Shanghai. If you're really hungry, why not order an entire 'Bilao sa Dalampasigan' all for yourself?

• Business Travel

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Pico Restaurant and Bar: Main Restaurant and Bar of Pico Sands Hotel

by machomikemd Written Nov 8, 2013

Pico Sands hotel has a main restaurant and bar lying just across each other, just after the reception area and it is here where the complimentary Breakfast Buffet of Hotel guests are held. they also offer ala carte meals for lunch and dinner for guests (there are other restaurants and bars in the complex but I did not have time to sample them. The meals here are a combination of flipino, asian and international dishes and although not spectacular, can fill the tummy.

opens: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday, the bar opens at 8:00 am to 12:00 am.

Favorite Dish: typical breakfast buffet with assorted breads and pastries, butter and jams and cheeses and filipino and american style breakfast items such as ham and eggs, bacon, longganisa, tapa and more.

• Beer Tasting
    • Spa and Resort

Instant Answers: Nasugbu

Comments

Nasugbu Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nasugbu restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nasugbu sightseeing.