Nasugbu Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Nasugbu

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Resort Touts Posing As NTIC Staff

by cyndymc Written Oct 2, 2009

Just as our vehicle parked infront of the Nasugbu Tourism Information Center, a man approached us and asked us if we were looking for a beach resort. We ignored him. My husband knocked on the door of NTIC office; the door remained locked and nobody answered. I asked the man (my mistake) if there was anyone inside. He said he was the one on duty. We became suspicious when he repeatedly recommended that we go with him for an ocular survey of a particular beach resort. My husband knocked louder on the door, thinking someone must be inside and taking a nap (it was lunch break time). Fortunately, the real NTIC staff arrived; she was having lunch at a nearby resort restaurant and saw us. Only my husband went with her inside the office. I opted to stay in the car to guard it. In no time, the man who earlier posed as NTIC staff went near me and started his sales talk about a beach resort. When I ignored him, some more men came to me, recommending their resorts. I was already feeling uncomfortable and quite irritated; fortunately, my husband came out of the NTIC office. While we were going over the brochures together, the touts kept talking about their resorts. To avoid them, we left the place and went to have our lunch at Kainan sa Dalampasigan.

• Business Travel

• marktqm's Profile Photo

Don't go swimming during a typhoon (duh!)

by marktqm Written Aug 25, 2005

Every year we always have tourists (sometimes locals) getting drowned at the public beach, mostly drunk guys who think they can go swimming when the waves are deadly, especially shortly before, during and just after typhoons. Locals believe the sea claims lives every year as some sort of tribute or tax. When a strong wind is blowing crazily from the west, and the waves are scary, don't tempt fate. As a municipal employee, I've seen one corpse too many. Most memorable is one who I thought was a girl -- it turned out the dead person was a transvestite!

• Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Nasugbu

Comments

Nasugbu Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Nasugbu warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nasugbu sightseeing.