Santo Tomas Things to Do

• Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Santo Tomas

Streets of Santo Tomas, Batangas

A Highway in Santo Tomas, Batangas

Just like any other streets in a small town, Santo Tomas' roads are normally narrow and congested. This is true due to the fact that the town is full of tricycle on the street. A tricycle is a common public transportation in Batangas and in Santo Tomas in particular.

Although it is dangerous to walk along the street, the local people are used to walk on short distances, not aware of the risk they are facing. I lived in this town for many years, but still I do not have the courage to walk on the street...not unless it is really necessary.

The road in the first photo I posted is a highway, and obviously it is wider and vehicle run so fast. The second one is a narrow street within the community, school, and government building zone that is why the risk is minimal. Other than that, the streets of Santo Tomas is safe, people are friendly, and the rest you have to experience when you visit the town.

A Visit to Santo Tomas Batangas Catholic Church

A View of Santo Tomas Batangas Catholic Church

The Santo Tomas Catholic Church has been part of my life until now. I was born in the community where it is situated. I was baptized, studied my secondary curriculum in a school beside the church, got married and had wedding officiated here.

I spent my high school days going inside the church almost everyday during my four-year secondary school. After many years away from the town, I still visit the church to pay respect, meet the people, and chat with friends.

• Architecture
    • Seniors
    • Religious Travel

Marker at Malvar's Park & Monument

by freddie18 Written Jul 22, 2007

I have posted a photo of General Miguel Malvar's marker of his monument and park in Santo Tomas, Batangas. The information about him was in Tagalog but I will give you an idea on what was written in there:

General Malvar was born in the Barrio (now called Barangay) of San Miguel, Sto. Tomas, Batangas on September 27, 1865. His parents are Maximo Malvar and Tiburcia Carpio. He studied first at Padre Valerio Malabanan School. He became a gobernadorsilyo of Santo Tomas in 1892. One of those who joined the Philippine forces against the Spaniards. He was a leader in the Philippine Revolution from 1896 to 1898.

General Malvar was the last general to surrender to the American occupational forces. He died in October 1911.

• Museum Visits
    • Castles and Palaces

General Miguel Malvar Monument

by freddie18 Written Jul 21, 2007

Monument of General Miguel Malvar

General Miguel Malvar is a famous figure from Santo Tomas, Batangas. He was a leader in the Philippine Revolution from 1896 to 1898. As a former resident of the town, we always celebrate his birthday. He was born on September 27, 1865.

On my latest visit to the Philippines, I had the chance to visit his monument situated in the centre and thickly populated area in Santo Tomas, Batangas. I am posting some pictures of him which I want to share to those who are interested.

Today, I still know the younger generations of General Miguel Malvar. Their old houses are still intact and noticeable as soon as you enter the town.

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Santo Tomas

Comments

Santo Tomas Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Santo Tomas things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santo Tomas sightseeing.