Antequera Travel Guide

by nodarcdam

Antequera Things to Do

Mag-aso Twin (Trio Is More Like It) Falls 4 more images

by cyndymc Written Jul 26, 2009

Our family left Tagbilaran early in the morning to go to Mag-aso Falls in Brgy. Mag-aso, Antequera which is 20 kms away from the City. We arrived before the regular opening time (8am) of the natural park, but the caretaker allowed us to enter provided we gave him the payment for entrance fees (only P10 each) which will be endorsed to the ticketer later.

To reach the falls, we went down carefully through the wet, slippery cemented stairs (117 wide steps) with breaks of paved slope at certain points. It wasn't a very tedious descent to the falls area because the trees, ferns, and other forest plants surrounding the place exuded fresh air. In no time, we heard the sound of the waterfalls.

I expected Mag-aso Falls to be as beautiful, if not more beautiful than Daranak or Batlag Falls, but I was disappointed to see brownish water flowing down. The heavy rain the previous night muddled the water;-( so we kidded that the falls was like diluted chocolate drink flowing down. After some time, the water became clearer little by little so we appreciated its natural beauty more.

For more info and pictures, please view my Mag-aso Falls Travelogue in my Bohol Travel Page

• Photography

Antequera Warnings and Dangers

by cyndymc Updated Nov 19, 2009

Please, please, don't go to Mag-aso Falls just after heavy rains. Or, if you can't help it because your schedule has been fixed, please stay in the higher parts of the waterfalls park.

A photo buddy sent my husband an email with a link to the "Killer" Flashflood that occured in Mag-aso Falls. We had goose pimples while viewing the video and pictures because we were on the same spots where the flashflood occured. If you view my Mag-aso Falls Travelogue in my Bohol Travel Guide, the place where my husband set up his tripod and camera and the site where my family had souvenir pictures where the exact places ravaged by the "killer" flashflood.

• Photography

Public CRs at Mag-aso Falls Park

by cyndymc Updated Jul 26, 2009

The CR at Mag-aso Falls was dark and full of mosquitoes when we went there, but we couldn't hold our bladders so we didn't have any choice but use the CR...My daughter was later confined at the hospital for treatment of dengue :( She recalled how her thighs and buttocks were "attacked" by big mosquitoes before she could even pee.

Please apply mosquito repellant (even on your covered parts of the body) when going to the countryside.

by cyndymc Written Jul 26, 2009

Public CRs are not well maintained. The door could be jammed, or there could be no lock to the cubicle. Worse, the light could be busted, and you have to wait till your eyes get used to the darkness if there is no source of natural light. Having someone with you to keep guard while you're doing your thing is highly recommended.

Antequera Favorites

• nodarcdam's Profile Photo
    Mag aso Falls 4 more images

by nodarcdam Updated Dec 4, 2005

Favorite thing: Mag-aso Falls is one of main attractions of Antequera, Bohol. It is a good place for picnic and a dip at the clear, cool water is a refreshing experience.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Antequera

Comments

Antequera Travel Guide
Map of Antequera