Bohol Favorites

• Finally seeing the Chocolate Hills..............
    Finally seeing the Chocolate...
    by paolodecastro
    chocolate hills
    by weng_math
    this is kuya ranil and me
    by weng_math

Most Recent Favorites in Bohol

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Chocolate Hills

by namiewa Updated Mar 21, 2007

chocolate hills

Favorite thing: Mostly people who first see the pictures of this scenery can hardly believe that these hills are not a man made relic. There is no natural formation like this in the world and the shaped almost the same sized where everyone love it. (I do love it) . In between the hills the flat lands are cultured rice field and coconut field. People cant plant any of this Hills coz it wont grow. If it will grow probably it will die too in dry season.
    ...more to read!

Fondest memory: Read it above!. When I was a kid I used to imagine and wonder if we are able to eat as you know kids love chocolate. (hahaha). Its our history glass second grade and our teacher start talking about this Hills and I was like Ma' am since the Chocolate is big! So the ants are big too? (okay im just being innocent at that time that I always think food) lolz.

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Cute EYES!

by namiewa Updated Mar 21, 2007

Favorite thing: TARSIER! The smallest monkey in the whole world where you can find it on Loboc. Cute little monkey with the big eyes and tiny body and cute fingers that hold really tight to the plants. Oh! Oh! Oh! This animal is sensitive so, touch it gently.
    ...more to read!

Fondest memory: how i wish to get one of this and make as a pet oh they look really cute with their big eyes.

• John6868's Profile Photo

Diving at Alona Beach

by John6868 Written Jan 9, 2007

Favorite thing: There are many Dive Operators at Alona Beach.
    We used Sierra Mardre Divers.
    They had a shop on the beach (no need to lug tanks and weights from the road) and 3 boats.
    Two big dive boats which can handle about 12 (maybe more) people and a small row boat for the House reef dive.
    Did 2 dives with them. Reggie and Bart were the instructors and took good care of us.
    Bart will let you set up your own equipment so remember which way the regulator fits.
    They are very experienced and showed me all of the points of interest down to the tiny yellow shrimp.
    Great value and nice bar just in front to have a beer after a great dive.

• mintymint114's Profile Photo

Bohol Trippers

by mintymint114 Written Jun 29, 2006

Favorite thing: My travel buddy and I arrived at Tagbilaran airport around 2 p.m. already. We are quite hungry so we ride a tricycle to the 'BQ Mall'. (one of tagbilaran's shopping centers)
    Later, the tricycle driver offered to take us to Panglao Island for PHP 200.00 (which is quite cheap already, coz the taxi rate starts at PHP 400.00) Though it tooked us aroung 30-45 mins to reached Alona beach in Panglao Island, at least we saved around 200 pesos.
    We stayed at Bohol Divers Resort in a fan-cooled room for 1000 pesos/night. In Tagbilaran, we stayed at the old Ghia Garden Hotel in a so-called 'executive room' for 675 pesos/night. (aircon w/ cable tv but cold shower) Quite cheap but take consideration of the bedbugs that might bite you during your sleep, the noise coming from the main street during early mornings, the freaky feeling while walking on the main hallway. (Like we are the only people who check-in), and the establishment which needs a total renovation. (built in the 80's but obviously not maintained by the owner.)

Fondest memory: Holding and cuddling one of the world's smallest primate...the very cute tarsier! Cool Breeze of air while cruising the loboc river...( Coz I had a dilemma that the river will be as polluted as the 'pasig river' here in manila...But it's not! ) The cold natural spring water located also at loboc river...(accessible if you ride a small motorized bangka during you trip...) The 142 steps (if I'm not mistaken) before viewing the famous chocolate hills, and the excitement of seeing dolphins playing and doing their show on their playground which is the big sea!

• Beaches

• Swimming

by yen_2 Written Mar 26, 2003

Favorite thing: This resort is not very touristic and its an Island so, scuba diving and anything to do with the water are very much great in here. The place we stayed also has a swimming if you have babies with you!

Fondest memory: Walking to the lovely white sand with my hubby!

• Theme Park Trips

• Amazing beaches for scuba diving and eating!

by yen_2 Updated Mar 26, 2003

Hubby...

Favorite thing: We went in Bohol last May 2001 with hubby though I've been this place many times but this one is very much important since I'm with my hubby! The place is very peaceful, quiet and you can relax more from the bustling traffic in the city. It's not very touristic too so, we really did enjoyed!

Fondest memory: Looking the lovely sunset from our villa..

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Bohol

Comments

Bohol Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bohol favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bohol sightseeing.