Bohol Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bohol

Oops Bar: Great Food!

Oops Bar

No trip to Alona Beach would be complete without visiting Oops. An extensive menu featuring international cuisine, fresh fish and traditional Filipino dishes. Happy hours 6-7pm and 9-10pm. Saturday night disco is a favorite with tourist and locals alike. The service at Oops is both friendly and professional and the staff will always remember your name.

Favorite Dish: Fresh seafood.

• Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

• limledi's Profile Photo

Chicken Ati-Atihan: Delicious Chicken BBQ!

Chicken Ati-Atihan

Chicken Ati-Atihan is a popular eatery in Tagbilaran & is frequented by tourists. The chicken meal is delicious & costs less than a hundred pesos. Meal consists of rice, bbq chicken & pickle salad. The service needs improvement coz it took our meals quite a while to serve. They will honor senior citizen card & give 20% discount.

Favorite Dish: Barbecue chicken.

• clairedemaisip's Profile Photo

Trudi's Place: Budget meals :)

by clairedemaisip Updated Mar 13, 2008

While looking for a place to have dinner in Bohol, we first planned to eat at the restaurants along alona beach where you can pick fresh seafood and have them grilled. However, we found it a bit expensive. (Medium sized squid was P200-P250 per piece; A slice of tanigue was at P250 per piece-- expensive for budget travellers like us hehehe). Good thing there's Trudi's Place. They have a variety of dishes to choose from at reasonable prices (grilled squid is only P90/order :))

• lekimumu's Profile Photo

Loboc's Floating Restaurants: Feast for the Flies

by lekimumu Updated Mar 8, 2008

Loboc's Floating Restaurants

One of the most popular attractions in Bohol is the numerous floating restaurants along Loboc river. It is a favorite particularly because of the "novelty" of dining on a raft floating across the river and because the seafood they serve is reputed to be absolutely delicious. Plus--Pinoys love eat-all-you-can buffets, so for my friends and I, this was something we didn't want to miss. (We already have a track record--all the eat-all-you-can restos we've been to as a group have closed down shortly after our visit).

So after paying the fee of P280 per head (which we were a bit suspicious about because the cashier looks like she just decided on the price on the spot, depending on how you look...or how much money you seem to have judging from the looks of you), we hopped on board one of the restaurants on the rafts and waited for it to fill up before cruising away.

Now I'm not sure if this was called Loboc River Cruise II, the boat we were in, but let me tell you--it's not all that. The floating restaurant was nothing great. Maybe we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we weren't served much seafood and the food was carinderia platter at best. The flies buzzing about didn't exactly make the meal more appetizing, either. At least there were the singers on board that entertained the guests while the boat cruised along.

The river is lovely, though not as relaxing as I had expected. I had imagined leisurely dining while the boat was moving, but it played out differently than that. I was disappointed for the most part because there wasn't really anything to recommend it for--although it might have been better enjoyed if we had just hired a private boat.

At the end of the river, a choir greeted us with an upbeat reportoire which amusingly included "Boom-tarat-tarat" and "Itaktak Mo". I'm still trying to decide if I should be disturbed by the underage gyrations of the young dancers, but well, no one else seemed to mind and I didn't want to be a wet blanket. Everyone else seemed to enjoy the ride and the choir's entertainment especially. I remember this caucasian woman who was standing in front of me during the stopover at the choir's point--she was dancing and singing boom-tarat-tarat with the group. She must've been staying for quite some time in the country, haha.

Still, I'm glad we checked this famous boat ride and got to see the length of Loboc River. I wouldn't ride it for a second time, though. I felt my money was better spent at the Bohol Bee Farm (I make this comparison because of the mouth-watering, organic, eat-all-you-can buffet they have, too).

Favorite Dish: None.

• Cruise
    • Music

• chiqqz's Profile Photo

Lost Horizon's Resto: i love their chopsuey!

by chiqqz Written Jan 21, 2008

located at the far side of the alona beachfront is lost horizon's resto. they serve the best vegetarian chopsuey...and their spicy squid...yum yum! the staff are friendly, though i think they're friendlier to foreign tourists. it's okay, thfood they serve makes up for that. the prices for their dishes are somewhat average, so expect to shell out around 300pesos per dish which serves 2-3 persons.

Favorite Dish: try their vegatarian chopsuey...i've never had a meatless dish this good!

• larrysy's Profile Photo

Trudi's Place: Place with the most reasonable price on the beach!

by larrysy Updated Jul 7, 2007

Trudi's Place

Reasonable price (actually the cheapest in the beach area) , great food and you get to eat overlooking the sea. You can get Coke at the actual selling price. Cost should be about P160/meal.

Favorite Dish: Cordon bleu

• Alona Restaurants: Alona Beach

by donstruan Written May 24, 2007

Along Alona Beach are several choices of restaurants, similar to the style of Boracay. You can choose many types of seafood (prawns !!! oh wow!!). You basically point to what you want to eat and they will charge you or weigh the food first. It is often grilled right there on the beach.

We went during graduation time around March 19, so it was very quiet, but I still felt that they didn't have enough staff at certain ones.

Most chairs are lawn chairs so don't expect luxury spots, except for Alona Palm (which is magical and from what I remember, not overly expensive). Alona Palm is not on the beach, but at their exclusive resort, which you can walk right up to.

The ocean is littered with local boats, which can detract from the mood, but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Favorite Dish: PRAWNS and garlic rice !!!!!!!!!!

• BBC: If Staying in BBC

by donstruan Written May 24, 2007

If you choose to stay in BBC, be aware that they often have "set menu" which means you eat what they want you to eat. The buffet meals may look nice, but other restaurants anywhere in the Philippines easily offer better choices. My family went to Bohol Beach Club one night before us, and were so unimpressed with the dinner, they made sure we ate elsewhere from then on. Only problem is that the other restaurants and resorts are at least 15 mins away and securing transportation is expensive (roughly 500 pesos one way).

We stayed almost a week and were offered decent service by the regular waiters, however, it was often observed that typical customers had difficulty getting help. Aesthetically, all is beautiful, but poor choices and even spoiled food on the last night prevent us from recommending the restaurants at BBC.

Favorite Dish: Pan De Sal.

• lilboy432001's Profile Photo

maravillas: don't try the sizzling seafoods

by lilboy432001 Updated Apr 17, 2007

the food at maravillas was far less than my expectations. we went here on our first night at bohol thinking we'd be able to enjoy great seafoods -- i was disappointed!
    the dishes were common and tasteless. their sizzling seafoods' main ingredient appeared to be catsup --- huh?!
    anyway, the pool was nice, the view was ok but the food was one experience i'll never go through again. (but do take note that one of my disappointments in this trip to bohol was the food... being a food lover, i concluded that perhaps the problem really is with the boholano cooking)

• John6868's Profile Photo

The Pyramid: Great place to eat on Alona Beach

by John6868 Updated Jan 1, 2007

The Pyramid is a new Restaurant on Alona beach.
    It opened mid December 2006.
    Right on beach.
    Does a mixture of local and western dishes at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: The Pyramid Special starter is great. Fresh prawns in a great sauce.

• limledi's Profile Photo

Payag Jo's Chicken Inato: Don't Miss The Chicken Barbeque!

by limledi Written Nov 17, 2006

Payag Jo's Chicken Inato

Payag Jo's Chicken Inato in Matig-a St where, predictably, excellent chicken dishes are served. The restaurant is very basic and native. It specializes in chicken barbeque which is very famous in Tagbilaran. You can eat with your bare hands. Price is cheap.

Favorite Dish: I love their chicken barbeque. Simply yummy!

• mintymint114's Profile Photo

Garden Cafe: A special Cafe

by mintymint114 Written Jun 29, 2006

The only theme restaurant in Tagbilaran: Western. It is special in a sense that you don't mention to the waitress your order, instead you write it down in a paper which is given to you together with the menu... Almost all of the employees serving you are deaf people.

Favorite Dish: The onion rings.... I'll try their recommended steaks the next time I come back!

• limledi's Profile Photo

Hayahay Pizza: Delicious Pizza!

Hayahay Pizza

Hayahay Pizza is better known for their great Pizza. They now offer much more. You can eat inside the restaurant with great views or dine on the beach and watch the world go by.

Favorite Dish: Great Pizza.

• Beaches
    • Spa and Resort

• larrysy's Profile Photo

Convenience store besides Trudi's Place: Breakfast

by larrysy Written Jul 8, 2007
    Breakfast place

Half the price at other places (including Trudi's), same breakfast. Beware of the ants on the floor.

• pres_16's Profile Photo

JASZ Restaurant: Dine by the Sea

by pres_16 Written Aug 24, 2006

Jasz Restaurant

If you want a not so expensive but fresh seafoods in Alona Beach, this is the place to be. Food is deliscious and superb. Dining with a refreshing sea breeze is so cool.

Instant Answers: Bohol

Comments

Bohol Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bohol restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bohol sightseeing.