Panglao Island Restaurants

• Restaurants
  • Restaurants
  • ONLY DRAUGHT BEER IN TOWN AND GERMAN BEER
    ONLY DRAUGHT BEER IN TOWN AND GERMAN...

Most Recent Restaurants in Panglao Island

• SWISS GARDEN RESTAURANT BAR & CAFE: MUST VISIT WHEN IN ALONA, PANGLAO

by alfonsadecarra Written Jul 29, 2011

A must visit place when you are in Alona, Panglao
    Good atmosphere, good locatin, good food, good and moderate prices and the best steaks in town. we enjoyed our daily breakfast in SWISS GARDEN and the daily Happy Hours

check it out:

Favorite Dish: Breakfast with croissant, whole wheat bread and home made yogourt. steaks and the swiss specialities, crepes suzettes any many more

• L'ELEPHANT BLEU: Great Restaurant

by gric Updated May 24, 2010

Just came back from my trip to Bohol, went to the small island of Panglao to the touristic spot of Alona Beach for some good diving (I recommend Genesis Divers, nice and friendly) and after having more or less the same food everywhere I found a real pearl, L'ELEPHANT BLEU Restaurant. Although it's not on the beach front (200m from on the right side of the crossing from the main road and the small one leading to the beach itself when you arrive) you'll find yourself in a real nice quiet place, superb garden lounge where the time just flies away.
    Great music, mostly lounge style and electro but not limited to that (they even have classical in the morning) which is a good rest from all the crap heard around here (my taste...) and the best coffee on the island.
    But the best is the food, french-inspired with some very traditional dishes and some others that will take your palate to new heights of taste :P (like their dory fish on shallots reduction and its tingling tomato butter) and all at very affordable prices considering the quality of the food.
    And it's the only place I found apart from Manila where you can have quality wines per glass (they have an impressive French wines list, above 30 I think, with half of it available by the glass), which is great so you don't have to buy a whole bottle and can have different wines with the different parts of your meal.

They also have 2 budget rooms upstairs, simple but clean and comfortable.

I was so thrilled by my first visit there that I simply ate all my meals at that resto for the remaining days of my stay and didn't regret it, quite the opposite :D

Cheers and safe trips

ps. the pictures here are taken from their website

Favorite Dish: Cream Dory filet on shallots reduction with its tingling tomato butter because of the original mix and the explosion of savors in your mouth

• Wine Tasting

Hayahay: meh...

Hayahay

Food and service were both subpar... Price wasn't the most expensive, but up there.

They didn't have our first menu choices in stock, and food had to be reordered.
    Pizza was cooked on a small/thin tortilla shell instead of dough. Tasted ok, but sure wasn't worth the price, and not filling. Two people leaving a restaurant hungry after ordering three menu items is not good...

Wasn't impressed with this place at all. Neither were the scuba patrons, from the sounds of their complaining we overheard.

Hayahay is a restaurant/scuba/guesthouse. They should stick to one operation or the other...
    'Jack of all trades, but master of none'?

• Diving and Snorkeling

Kamalig Restaurant: Good dinner

Kamalig restaurant

Opens around dinnertime, at the end of the afternoon.

Most food is the same as other restaurants in the area, but prices are a bit cheaper as it's located off the beach.
    They offer many different pastas in comparison to the other places, as well, and offer wine to go with it.

Alona Tropical: On the beach

Alona Tropical

Food was really good, but overpriced compared to both local restaurants and the other "resorts" at Alona beach.

No breakfast buffet served. Breakfast to be ordered individually from the menu, and it may or may not be included with your room. Do check...

Given that this place is the most expensive restaurant on the beach and the beach is covered with really good places to eat, it would certainly explain the quiet and uncrowded ambience of this locale.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beer Tasting

• trudi's place: average eats

by jon929 Written Feb 23, 2009

was just in trudi's place in alona beach yesterday for lunch along with 6 family members. i chose the place based on what i read in this website. Well, the dining experience was nothing special. we ordered chopsuey with seafood (good - veggies were crunchy and order is good for 3 people), sinigang na hipon ( P150 per order, 5 pcs of shrimp which probably spent their first birthday in the freezer) and spicy chicken with coconut milk. the girl attending to us didnt say that the dish (a few pieces of diced chicken and sayote would come swimming in 2 feet of coconut milk ! otherwise, i would have opted for another "dry" dish instead of having two soupy viands. it was ok price wise, P1045 for 3 dishes, 8 cups of rice and two red horse beers. my companions brought their own bottled water and didnt order the resto drinks. its just that seafood could have been fresher and the attendant more helpful in giving good advice on what to order.

• Jeannkelly's Profile Photo

Bohol Bee Farm Restaurant: Organic and healthy dining?

by Jeannkelly Written Sep 21, 2007

I think it's one of it's kind in Panglao Island or rather Bohol.

If you want healthy and/or organic dining, this place is the place to be. They have varied selection of international and local dishes.

Favorite Dish: I love their tea concoctions and muffins. Those are highly recommended for merienda and for a meal, if you're a vegetarian like me, you can try their inun-on... Oh, I just love that dish!

Though am not a meat-eater, I do suggest to try their ala carte dishes with spareribs, or whatever meat. It comes with organic rice, organic salad with you'll never believe it, gumamelas, buogainvillas and marigolds!

I had no idead those flowers are edible till I come to this place. I grew up planting those in our flower garden and I never knew you could include it in your salad. And, they tasted good!

• Jeannkelly's Profile Photo

Al Fresco Dining in Alona Beach

by Jeannkelly Written Sep 15, 2007

Alona Beach at night time is dotted with restaurants al fresco. Most of them serve your favorite grilles fish of the day, and other seafoods.

Favorite Dish: anything grilled... u can be sure these are fresh and cooked on open grills.

• OOPS BAR: Fantastic food

by Domsisu Written Jun 13, 2007

Oops Bar is not only a great place to hang out and have a cocktail, it also offers a wide variety of Local and International cuisine.
    The price is good and so are the portions.

Favorite Dish: Try the Cordon Bleu or the Thai-Curry, or enjoy a fresh Fish from the grill.

• doomzday's Profile Photo

VARIOUS: Panglao Island Restaurants

by doomzday Written Feb 6, 2007

@BBC

here's where we dine when we were on panglao:

jan31-lunch = alona restaurant. its near alona kew. it's our first meal at the island so we decided to scout. yah it's below the average but we did not enjoy our meal. my wife ordered a beef teriyaki but turns out to be beef escabeche :(

our meal: buttered chix and beef teriyaki, no drinks = 200 pesos

jan31-dinner = bohol beach club. since the entrance fee is food consumable, we decided to dine at bbc. the serving is great and the price is quite cheap for a 4 star hotel resort. don't miss the grill squid. the best!!!

our meal: grilled squid with rice, mixed veggies (chopsuey), sizzling chicken, beer and mango juice = 700 pesos (not bad)

feb1-bfast = captain's grill (aquatica). i read from virtual tourist that they served nice meals and the price is affordable. surely it was.

our meal = tocilog, tapsilog, no drinks = 180 pesos

feb1 lunch = loboc river tour buffet. dine while the boat is moving upstream.

the buffet = grilled squid, steamed grouper fish, local veggies, barbeque, fried chicket, native fruits, soup and softdrinks = 260/pax

feb1 dinner = alona tropical restaurant. my wife was very tired and we decided not to roam around. to our suprise, the serving is good for two. not a bad deal.

our meal = half grilled chicket plus rice, beef steak with veggies and rice. no drinks = 480 pesos

feb2 bfast = we ate bread and pastries from bohol bee farm

feb2 lunch = we ordered at alona tropical restaurant and had them room served the meal.

our meal = pork steak with vegies and rice. we ordered an extra rice. hahahaha = 245 pesos

feb2 dinner = panglao island nature resort. again, the entrance to the resort is consumable so we dine there. nice restaurant and staff.

our meal = crispy pata, chicken soup, mango shake and fresh buko juice = 540 pesos

feb3 bfast = trudis restaurant. again, i got this tip from virtualtourist. it's quite cheap but their serving is small

our meal = tocilog and longsilog free coffee and chocolate drink, free fruit = 190 pesos

• Adventure Travel

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

Restaurants along Alona Beach: Refreshing Young Coconut (Buko)

by bike_packer Written Jul 21, 2006

Buko Nut

It's coconut all around the place. Young coconut offered by restaurants as refreshment drink is highly recommended as a drink for the health-conscious. Unadulterated, no-preservatives, organic - direct from nature's bounty.

While taking a walk along the beach and getting tired or feeling thirsty after a while, take a break and have a "buko" for a recharge.

• angel_catbee's Profile Photo

thin crust pizza

by angel_catbee Written Jul 12, 2006

This restaurant serves special kind of pizza. Pizza you must try when you stay at Alona Beach, sorry guys but I forgot the name of the restaurant It was near and just before Alona Palm beach. It's the only restaurant in Alona that serves pizza so you can easily find it, all flavors cost of Php190.00, size of regular pizza (6 slices) I almost ate 1 pan. It has thin crust and fresh cooked from the oven!

TRUDIS PLACE: SIMPLE AND LESS EXPENSIVE

by nodarcdam Written Jan 28, 2006

TRUDIS PLACE

Trudis Place is one of the popular restaurants along Alona Beach. It is a simple restaurant but there are lot to choose from the fare. The price of meal is considerably lower than those of the resorts' restaurants.

With the implementation of the widening of the beach by the municipality, Trudis Place, along with the other affected establishment, will be demolished. It is good, however, that the owner of Trudis Place, the Bongo Family, is currently building a bigger place just accross the present location. It will have some rooms for rent aside from the restaurant. The new Trudis Place will be completed soon, I hope.

Favorite Dish: Sinigang na hipon, pancakes and brewed coffee.

ALONA BEACH RESTAURANTS: DINNER BY THE BEACH

by nodarcdam Written Jan 28, 2006

ALONA TROPICAL RESTAURANT

Before dusk, the various restaurants along would set up tables and chairs by the beach with some having canopies. I consider this a good idea for Alona Beach as it somehow livens up the night scene. I was surprised when I walked on the beach before midnight, all, but Oops bar, had cleared up the area with the chairs and tables only to return the next night.

THE ONE BESIDE OASIS RESORT: IHAW IHAW BY THE SEA

by nodarcdam Written Dec 10, 2005

FRESH SEAFOOD STALL

During night time at Alona Beach is grill time. Almost all restaurants have their designated grilling place. We Pinoys call it "Ihaw-Ihaw" "ihawan" o "barbequehan"

The one that I love most is the food stall right after the gate of Alona Kew, beside Oasis and across the store/fruit stand. The two regular tables display the the skewered pork, chicken, potato and the bestseller fresh fish and sea food. They offer tuna, snapper, jackfish, lapu-lapu, maya-maya and the likes as well as crabs, sa-ang, squid, lobster, clams etc. You just pick whatever you like and they will be grilled. Prices of the fish and sea food vary according to their sizes. You can ask the attendant to have them cooked with soup but the order of the day is to grill them. Prices are very reasonable compared to the city price.

You just wait on your table and for several minutes they will be served with rice. then enjoy the meal on the beach.

Favorite Dish: Grilled sa-ang and crabs, grilled lapu lapu with longaniza. I dont usually eat much but I do indulge when I eat there, consuming even 2 cups of rice.

Another thing is that the price is very reasonable. With my favorite dish plus rice and a bottle of soda, it will cost me only between P150.00 to P250.00.

Instant Answers: Panglao Island

Comments

Panglao Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panglao Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panglao Island sightseeing.

View all Panglao Island hotels