Panglao Island Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Panglao Island

• vyrose's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by vyrose Written Jan 23, 2013

Panglao Island is great for scuba diving because the island/ Bohol is surrounded by beautiful corals and you will see lots of underwater creatures here. Plus, if you are going to do your diving at night, I recommend you do it with PrAna Bohol cause they have this so called Fluoro diving, this means that you will be going to use a different equipment at night dive. The underwater view will be really different, would be like disco, I am sure you will be amaze.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Adventure Travel

Photography101

by buenababe Written Jul 31, 2011

just parking...

Since the beach offers a very nice view, it is a good subject for photography. Go get your very reliable camera, set the target and snap. Voila! you've just captured the moment and a great pic to be treasured, for yourself and for VT, of course.

Massage at the Beach

by buenababe Written May 31, 2011

If you dont mind privacy and being in the open while someone tries to soothe your tired muscles and make you feel relaxed, then try having a massage straight at the shore...

There are masseurs at the beach who would ask if you want to have a massage. They set a mattress/cloth at the shore and let their clients lie there in rows. Their 30mins-1hr service is charged Php100-200 or depending on your agreement.

Swimming Galore

by buenababe Updated May 28, 2011

how refreshing!

Swimming has always been a good form of exercise and for me, a perfect moment to reflect on one's self. Most of the time, i prefer to swim at the swimming pool than the beach. (Mind you guys, i dont know how to swim but hey! i can float. I enjoy being in the water and swim only in 5ft or less deep.)

If you like being in the water, come take a plunge, savor the moment and enjoy the view while you swim. ;)

Beach Walking

by buenababe Written May 27, 2011

people strolling at alona beach

Alona Beach is such a beautiful place to be and it is very relaxing to walk on its shores and just enjoy the view. You will pass by different beach resorts and bars and discover that each one of them has a unique thing to offer.

• Hiking and Walking

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Resort hopping and just enjoy the beach

by kemisteryoso Updated May 26, 2011

You can do this if you want to have different background in your photos. If you are Staying at Dumaluan beach resort you can have small walk towards Bohol beach Club. They have hammocks and cottages there.

Island hopping

by kemisteryoso Updated Oct 20, 2010

Colorful indeed

Visit Balicasag Island an hour and a half from Panglao Island where you can do snorkeling to their famous fish sanctuary. There are stores in the island thatwill cook your ordered lunch while everyone is feeding the colorful school of fish. We ordered Adobong Pusit and it was delicious. The food in the island was expensive though but we need to eat to replenish the energy we lost and thinking about the travel back to Panglao Island made me hungry. :)

You can also visit the light house 5 minutes from the shore not that beautiful but it is good to flex some muscle.

After Balicasag island, we are supposed to visit the Virgin Island, a beautiful island but very difficult to enter when low tide. That is why they said it's Virgin Island :). I suggest not to rent the biggest banca when you have a small group because you won't have the chance to see the Island during low tide like what happened to us. We only saw its spectacular beauty from afar.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Dolphin Watching

by kemisteryoso Written Jun 17, 2010

waiting for the dolphins.

If you are tired of the country side tour you can try a different thing and it is Dolphin watching.
    You have to schedule your plan beforehand on their reception area. Usually dolphin watching is inclusive on their Island hopping package.
    You have to wake up early for this because the dolphins usually play very early in the morning before sunrise so be sure to drink just enough to avoid hang over.

The banca will chase playing dolphins for you to see :)

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Nap On A Hammock Above The Sea?!

by cyndymc Updated Aug 4, 2009

Hammock Above The Sea, Pic By My Daughter

We normally see hammocks on the shade of coconut trees...but above the sea??? Yes!!!
    Only in the Philippines! Below the view deck of the Bamboo Resto of Bohol Bee Farm, you'll see a hammock hung a few feet above the sea. Why not try?

Wake Up Early & Go Dolphin Watching

by cyndymc Written Aug 3, 2009

Best Shot Of Dolphin By Hubby

We were prepared to leave Dumaluan Beach at 5:30am, but the beach was still pitch dark and our boat (San Augustine 2) was nowhere in sight. I took advantage of the waiting time to go to the beachfront for some stretching exercises. When the sun started to peep through the dark clouds, I took some pictures. The white beach looked fabulous at low tide, with ripple marks of the ebbing tide. I sighed at the garden-like sand with starfishes all around, and many sand formations that looked like "noodles".

Our boatmen arrived to fetch us. Apparently, they docked far from the resort because of the low tide. And since it was still low tide, we had to wade slowly through the cold shallow waters to get to our boat, careful not to step on the starfishes. As we sailed, the morning sea breeze that swept my face gave me a nice, energizing feeling.

As we started our boat ride, a sunburst of yellow-gold and pink colors in the sky awed us all, I couldn't help but take pictures. Our most awaited moment came when our Ronel, our dolphin spotter motioned to Mario, the boatman the direction of dolphins. We got so giddy; in no time, other boats arrived in our direction. At the first sight of dolphins swimming and flipping, we screamed with excitement, and each time the dolphins showed up, we screamed again. I was so tense and had a hard time trying to take their pictures because they came up and went down so fast. I wasn't able to take clear shots due to limitations of my point & shoot camera/digicam. However, hubby and daughters had a good capture of the dolphins.

Our boatman and dolphin spotter wanted to please us more and suggested that we go further to chase dolphins, but we told them we were already satisfied; we opted to proceed to Balicasag Island.

• Sailing and Boating

Photo Shoot At Dauis Seaport

by cyndymc Updated Aug 3, 2009
    Hubby's Shot of Dauis Seaport

My husband has influenced my love for taking pictures of seaports. Because I'm still a newbie in photography, he trains me on some techniques. He dscovered that just at the back of Dauis Watch Tower is the Dauis Seaport. Although it was showering when we went there, we managed to take some shots.

Watch The Sunrise & Sunset

by cyndymc Updated Jul 29, 2009

Sunrise

Sunrise and sunset watching is a must in Panglao Island! As I've posted in my Panglao Travel Guide, the sunset is such an awesome sight. Sunrise is equally beautiful although I wasn't able to take much pictures of it because we were already leaving for our Island Hopping Tour.

Explore Hinagdanan Cave

by cyndymc Updated Jul 25, 2009

My Grandson, Eager To Enter Hinagdanan Cave

We were all so excited to see Hinagdanan Cave which is a unique geological feature of Panglao Island. It is a karst cave (i.e., made of limestone) with an underground water source. Alas, at least to us, it actually looked more like a dungeon. It was not as exciting as we expected: no awesome sight of stalactites and stalagmites, just dark shadows of stalactites that occasionally jolt you with cold dripping water; the eerie chirp of bats that resonated and the smell of their urine and dung (ugh!) everywhere; the water was so dark (though some tourists braved the pitchblack water and swam for a while). It gave me the creepy feeling that an anaconda might just rise, like in the movies.

It was so hot inside Hinagdanan Cave that my eyeglasses steamed with sweat; I had to remove and hang it on my neckline so I could wipe my face. As I stooped to get my facial tissue from my beltbag, my eyeglasses fell into a crevice! OMG, it was so dark, I didn't know exactly where it fell, I almost cried! I wanted to check if I could reach for it, but I was afraid to grope into the crevice. I imagined that some kind of creature might bite my hand:-( Good thing, my grandson had a flashlight. He aimed it into the crevice and we saw my eyeglasses. It's a good thing that a bed rock stopped the fall (sigh)! Our driver-guide took the initiative to grope into the crevice, and luckily, he was able to reach it. Fortunately, I'm not blind as a bat without eyeglasses so I just just wrapped my eyeglasses in tissue paper for washing later.

Outside Hinagdanan Cave, we shopped for some souvenir items and t-shirts at the stalls. The vendors gave us good deals. We realized at the end of our vacation that the Hinagdanan Cave Vendors proved to have the cheapest prices for souvenir items (t-shirts, tarsier key chain,tarsier magnet,etc), compared to other tourist spots. If only for this, our trip to Hinagdanan Cave was worth it:-)

• Eco-Tourism
    • National/State Park

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Tallest Octagonal Watch Tower In The Phils.

by cyndymc Written Jul 25, 2009
    My Shot Of Panglao Watch Tower

You will be dwarfed by the 5-storey Panglao Watch Tower, known as the tallest octagonal watch tower in the Philippines. Its massive structure is already covered with moss, and some plants have grown roots on the crevices of its surface.

• Architecture

Visita Iglesia at Panglao Church

by cyndymc Updated Jul 24, 2009
    Fine Architectural Details of Panglao Church

Panglao Church is a must see. It is known for its rich historical and architectural details. It is located in Panglao Municipality, one of the two municipalities (other one is Dauis) of Panglao Island.

View my Panglao Island Travelogue for more pictures. Mass was going on when we went there so I wasn't able to take pictures inside the church.

• Religious Travel
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Panglao Island

Comments

Panglao Island Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Panglao Island things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panglao Island sightseeing.

View all Panglao Island hotels