Pulilan Travel Guide

• Pulilan
  • Pulilan
  • San Isidro Labrador Church,Viewed From Our Car
    San Isidro Labrador Church,Viewed From...

Pulilan Things to Do

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Written Apr 27, 2009

Fr. Vicente Villamanzo, an Augustinian priest, started the construction of the church on January 20, 1796. The Catholic Church in Pulilan is named San Isidro Labrador, after the town's Patron Saint, St. Isidore. Pulilan is primarily an agricultural land so their Church was dedicated to St. Isidore, patron saint of farmers. During his feast Day, the farmers hold a parade of their carabaos, adorn them with attractive decorations and bring them to kneel infront of the church.

San Isidro Labrador Church
    • Religious Travel
    • Architecture

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

by cyndymc Updated Mar 21, 2009

Like other photo hobbyists, my husband and I are so enamored with butterflies and flowers. We heard of the Pulilan Butterfly Haven which was founded by Mrs Estelita Caleon-Aguirre, a poetess, CPA, and Deputy Commissioner of the Bureau of Internal Revenue. She converted their ancestral property in Pulilan, Bulacan into an ecological sanctuary. It is a very big place that combined the beauty and pleasures of a Butterfly Farm & Exhibit Room, ornamental garden & orchidarium, butterfly-shaped swimming pool, ancestral home/museum, picnic huts, party & reception area.

When we went there, my husband & I concentrated on our photo shoot of the Butterfly Farm. There were so many butterflies flying around, though we sighted only about 4 species. It was a bright, sunny day when we went there, but the garden waterfalls, lush foliage and colorful ornamental plants all worked to create a refreshing, cool atmosphere. Such a condition must be very conducive as habitat to the butterflies. There were so many colorful butterflies flying over, under and around the plants, sometimes landing on my hat and my husband's shoulders.

Outside the Butterfly Farm, there are other interesting photo subjects like garden accents, a golden Buddha, mini-Chinese pagodas, and so many elves. When you enter Pulilan Butterfly Haven, it's like going into a fantasy world.

Pulilan Butterfly Haven Lacewing Butterfly Tree Nymph Butterfly Picnic Cottage Reception Hall for Events
    • Eco-Tourism

• Pulilan Hotels

0 Hotels in Pulilan

Instant Answers: Pulilan

Comments

Pulilan Travel Guide
Map of Pulilan