Tuguegarao City Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Tuguegarao City

• i-s-a's Profile Photo

Taste the Local Flavor - Pawa, Tupig, atbp.

by i-s-a Updated May 21, 2008

Favorite thing: .
    The place is famous for their native delicasies such as those in the picture. The white round one is called "Pawa" made from pounded sticky rice (made in the consistency of flour) with sweetened peanuts inside. "Tupig" is like suman but instead of steaming, it was roasted to give it a nice smoky flavor. I don't know the name of the delicacy in the second pic but it is also made from sweetened sticky rice and cooked using bamboo. How to eat it? You just have to strike the bamboo to any hard surface for it to break then scoop the sticky rice inside.

• masterrecca's Profile Photo

What's in Tuguegarao

by masterrecca Written May 29, 2005

Favorite thing: Air-conditioned restaurants, hotels, discos, videokes, movie houses, and other amenities are found in Tuguegarao, offering a variety of entertainment, recreation and cuisine. Shops offering souvenirs and native products are found in the two public markets and around Calle Comercio. Convenience stores, boutiques, groceries and the markets offer a variety of local and imported goods. Fresh fruits and vegetables are available everyday.

The genial Ibanags and Itawes relish visitors, Ilocanos and Tagalogs have settled in Tuguegarao comfortably, as many more find that Tuguegarao is a warm and gentle home in the lush Cagayan Valley.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

You're on your own, sylly!

by syllybabe Written Mar 25, 2003

Me and my kayak

Favorite thing: Off I go with my kayak going down the river. It wasn't scary at all. Quite exhilarating actually. The guides were ahead of us in a boat and there were two others behind us on kayaks.
    I fell out of mine into the water but it wasn't as scary as it sounds. I'd do it over and over again! Anytime!

• Kayaking
    • Water Sports
    • Adventure Travel

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Practice Makes Perfect

by syllybabe Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: We practiced our kayaking skills in calm waters before they took us upriver to tackle the rapids. I still remember how quiet it seemed...how peaceful. It felt like I was truly away from home and detached from the rest of the world. The scenery was spectacular.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Tuguegarao City

Comments

Tuguegarao City Favorites

Reviews and photos of Tuguegarao City favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tuguegarao City sightseeing.

View all Tuguegarao City hotels