Caramoan Off The Beaten Path

by kemisteryoso
    Rock Cluster @ Kabutonan
    by cyndymc
  • Catanduanes Is Blue Strip Under The Clouds
    Catanduanes Is Blue Strip Under The...
    by cyndymc

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Caramoan

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Lipata Beach

by kemisteryoso Written Jul 15, 2010

Lipata beach

The bad weather hindered us from doing some more Island Hopping activity so Rex brought us to a secluded beach that did not require riding a banca so we walked a long way for it. It is better than to do nothing, it was something new. The place is okay, a little pocket of beach that will be reach after having a long trek starting from Guijalo port. We slide up and down on a hill, walk on a wooden path and fight our way with tall grasses. It is typical remote beach. We are so desperate but at least we manage to have a swim even though it's raining hard. We enjoyed the adventure and the fun along the way.

• Guardian of the Matukad Lagoon

by itgbkj Updated May 26, 2010

Treacherous as the climb may be, it is worth the risk getting to the top to see the lagoon. If you're lucky, you'll see a two feet long Bangus (milkfish) that swim in the water in the middle of nowhere. The locals say that it's the Guardian of the Lagoon.

Urban legend say, there used to be two of them. One was caught and was eaten. The curse, they say, said that those who ate the fish and those who were close to the one who caught the fish all died.

• Camping

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Fresh Spring Water & Buko From Friendly Locals

by cyndymc Updated Apr 12, 2010
    View Of Islets From Kabutonan

Our boatmen brought us to a place they call Kabutonan. You can see Catanduanes clearly from the beach. I thought it was part of an inland town, but they said it is an island. This island is not normally included in the island hopping tour, but Mardy (our boatman-guide) usually brings his guests there for a treat of fresh "buko" (young coconut) and cool water coming from a natural spring under a big, old tree. Aside from a treat of natural refreshments, he brought us there also because he noticed my hubby loved taking shots of rock formations and seascapes. There were indeed such awesome rock formations at the beach.

Walking around the beach, I noticed that there were only 3 houses. They are all relatives engaged in fishing, making "bagoong" (fermented small fish) and making "banka" (small native boats).

I cannot forget Kabutonan where the hospitality and simplicity of the locals warmed my heart; where I tasted the sweetest "buko" juice in my life; where the beach was unique with some areas having fine light brown sand and some areas with pebbly sand; where fantastic rock formations provided excellent "frames" for a view of islets; where the sun was bright but the wind so cool; where I witnessed how families relied solely on their resourcefulness and diligence for their livelihood; where the sight of malnourished children tugged my heart, making me promise to come back with nutritional assistance for them (hubby gave the last of our lunch pack to them, and my heart hurt all the more when they hankered for the food.)

• Photography
    • Sailing and Boating

• donajanv's Profile Photo

Dam in the town of Hanopol

by donajanv Updated Mar 3, 2010

Definitely check out the dam in the town of Hanopol. Rent a motorcycle, bicycle or tricycle or simply have an adventurous walk to the dam. It has the most amazing and breathtaking view of the dam, the lake and the mountain with nice abundant green grasses and Carabaos grazing about, go have a picnic with your companions, go fishing for tilapia and talk to the locals who have been fishing starting 6am and get some fishing tips or just chat with them.

• xynna's Profile Photo

Lagoon at the top of the rocks

by xynna Written May 20, 2005

me having the difficult climb going to the Lagoon

I don't know if most of the travelers missed this one, coz I know Manong would definitely told them about the Lagoon. In my case Im just the one who have the courage to climb the sharp rocks and take note, on barefoot. I just don't know what came into my mind that time that I climb it barefooted and I haven't bring my camera with me. Frustrating coz I have not took a picture of the Lagoon but the beauty I have seen there will be in my memory forever, unexposed.

Instant Answers: Caramoan

Comments

Caramoan Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Caramoan off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caramoan sightseeing.