Caramoan Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Caramoan

• moymoydtraveller's Profile Photo

Kamalig: Local Taste

by moymoydtraveller Written Mar 24, 2008

One of the home cooked style restaurant in the centro is Kamalig, they serve local or Filipino dishes and Bicolano dishes. Fried chicken, chopsuey, adobo, sinigang

They also serve grilled foods like Squid, Liempo, Tuna Belly

Bicolano dishes like Laing and Bicol Express.

Their price is just about average or fair enough for 60 pesos you can have a descent meal.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Tuna belly and Chopsuey they are very tasty and healthy as well. I can compare the taste with Gery's restaurant

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Caramoan Bed and Dine: Don't miss this resto...

by kemisteryoso Updated Jul 18, 2010

Where we ate our lunch when we extended our stay for another day.
    Walking distance from REX Tourist Inn. The place is a bit small but the interior decoration fits the local environment. I can tell base on the guest book that lots of foreigners ate at Caramoan Bed and Dine. They will make you sign their guest book after you ate.

Favorite Dish: I like their calamari and I forgot the name of the fish.

• wandergirltravediary's Profile Photo

Caramoan Bed And Dine: Delicious Pinoy Foods

by wandergirltravediary Written Jan 4, 2014

Caramoan Bed And Dine not only offers a room to stay, their accommodation is also inclusive of food. The food is delicious and their "good for two" breakfast, lunch and dinner are actually good for three people!

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Caramoan B&D Restaurant: Formerly Kamalig

by cyndymc Written Apr 13, 2010

Pork Chop- Laing Meal

The famous Kamalig Restaurant is now a thing of the past...only its name though. The same restaurant with native-inspired decor is still at Real St., Centro, but is now known as the restaurant of Caramoan Bed & Dine.

I like its clean, homey ambience with smiling staff and freshly cooked dishes.

The restaurant is patronized by many tourists and transients, and locals, too. The first time we ate there, the staff of Survivor Israel were at the long table behind us. One time we had dinner there, we saw the San Miguel Route Sales Staff (the ones we met earlier at the church) about to check in and have dinner there, too. Young teens also went there for "halo-halo." Indeed, the place is popular to all kinds of people in Caramoan.

What I like about the place is the way the staff treat everyone as house guests that must be attended to with warm hospitality. The chef also goes out of his way to talk with diners, and is open to feedback and suggestions, whether positive or negative. We also made requests for packed meals for our island hopping tour, which they made available very early in the morning. They also take advance orders for dinner.

Favorite Dish: Among other dishes, we liked their porkchop-laing meal which was only P60, complete with rice.

• donajanv's Profile Photo

Local Mom & Pop Joint

by donajanv Updated Mar 3, 2010

Restaurants are abundant in Centro, Caramoan’s downtown area. There’s Camalig Grill and Lutong Bahay (buildings are made of bamboo materials), and Two Sisters and other local mom & pop hawkers/canteen/cafeterias that serve great food as well. In the town of Paniman, there's two places to eat. One of them is a restaurant-canteen style of Tinago Inn. The other is the restaurant in La Playa's Clubhouse which serve family serving style dishes in which food are made-to-order. In the port of Bikal, there is two canteens that serve ready made food and you can just pick and choose your meal.

Favorite Dish: My Favorite Dishes in the following restaurant:
    Camalig Grill - siopao
    Lutong Bahay - their pancit is really really tasty!
    La Playa - calamari, traditional bicolano dishes (bicol express, laing, and tinuktok), sweet and sour OR steamed Lapu-lapu (rockcod), pancit, their vegetable special...everything here taste good actually. It's home-cooked good-lovin food for the soul!

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Lutong Bahay: Rex Tourist Inn's Restaurant For Guests

by cyndymc Updated Apr 26, 2010

Rex Tourist Inn's guests who don't avail of the packaged tours are referred to their restaurant, Lutong Bahay. It is very near the inn, but we didn't eat any meal there. Hubby didn't like the ambience. The restaurant had the usual provincial carinderia-type of setting where the viands for the day were displayed on a showcase facing the street, and diners just had to point which dish they wanted. Hubby also noticed the plastic-covered tables which didn't quite appeal to his taste.

I would have wanted to sample their cooking, but hubby wanted to eat in a more relaxing and pleasant venue after each tiring day. Also, he remembered that he asked the San Miguel Route Sales staff how the food at Lutong Bahay tasted; they said they never bothered to eat there, but only at Kamalig (now Caramoan B&D Restaurant).

I'm posting this just to let you know there is another alternative.

Favorite Dish: Not Applicable

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Bigg's Diner: must try Salisbury steak!

by theguardianangel Written Mar 17, 2012
    come and eat!

Bigg’s Diner is one of the famous eating places in the Bicol Region.
    Before heading to Sabang Port, we had our first stop from Naga Airport to Bigg's Diner for lunch.

One of our friends who keep on coming back here recommended this place for us. It serves American, Persian and local food. the ambience is great with bright colorful lights and polite waiters. The foods are also served fast.

Favorite Dish: There are various dishes the diner serves.
    My friend ordered Daing na Bangus with Pinangat which is delicious. It's one of the local dishes.

I ordered Salisbury steak and I never regret it! It's very tasty!
    It's the most delicious steak I've ever ate... hmm... maybe I'm just starving at that time..?
    You should try it!

• National/State Park

• tinybabols's Profile Photo

La Playa Resort resto: In-house restaurant

by tinybabols Written Feb 23, 2010

Since the resort is far from town, guests don't have any choice but to eat at the restaurant. Some say food in the Centro is cheaper, but that's the price we have to pay for having a good view of the beach. But good thing the food here is good. Thanks to Ramon, he's the in-house cook.

Food here depends on what is available (what fish is available in the market, sometimes they have prawns or crabs) and they cook it for you at whatever time you want to have your meals. They also prepared the lunch we took for our island hopping.

Meals here usually costs Php 200.

I suggest that before going here, you drop by Centro and get some supplies at least some bottled water, chips and crackers. They don't have much choice when it comes to junk food. :D And you would need food during your island hopping.

• tinybabols's Profile Photo

Kamalig Restaurant: Good food

by tinybabols Written Feb 27, 2010

Small restaurant in Guijalo. The place is clean and the food is good. I can't compare food price since i haven't eaten in other restaurants here yet. But generally I think the price is reasonable.

Favorite Dish: You should taste the garlic shrimps and laing. Sarap!

• Adventure Travel

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Caramoan Bed and Dine: BEST FOOD EVER

by heydelin Written Mar 9, 2013
    dinner at Caramoan Bed N Dine

This place has the best food served in Caramoan. Lucky I am I met the cook. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

Favorite Dish: Laing, sinigang and PANCIT GUISADO

Instant Answers: Caramoan

Comments

Caramoan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Caramoan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caramoan sightseeing.