Camiguin Island Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by 05nov05
    Having some halo-halo with my cousins.
    by madmary71
    Eating Filipino style
    by madmary71

Most Recent Restaurants in Camiguin Island

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

J&A Fishpen: Great food with a Great View at J&A Fishpen

by 05nov05 Written May 8, 2007

J&A Fishpen is a popular place among tourists and locals alike. If you order the fish you would like to have from the menu, they will instantly catch them from the pond there. Moreover, this restaurant offer a great view of Tanguines Lagoon.

• Fishing

• madmary71's Profile Photo

Sto. Nino springs barbecue: Sto. Nino springs barbecue

by madmary71 Updated Apr 17, 2007

Eating Filipino style

Well, first off one must start eating just like the locals or filipino style. You have to eat using your hands. I enjoyed the food for you cook what you bring! My family brought marinated chicken and cooked it on the spot. Sto. Nino springs has their own restaurant but do not expect "steaks", you can sing you heart out with their Karoke machine which we did non-stop!
    Please do not expect first class service here. It is being run by local management who are very naive in what you call "food service" in North America. There's a saying "Do what the flips do, don't flip out!" (It's a joke).

Favorite Dish: Grilled Fish, Dinugu-an (Blood pudding!)

• Diving and Snorkeling

• madmary71's Profile Photo

Vjandep Bakery: The best Camiguin pastry-PASTEL

by madmary71 Updated Apr 17, 2007
    Having some halo-halo with my cousins.

This bakery is located in the heart of Mambajao's marketplace. You will never guess that this is the ONLY place to buy the delicious sweet bread called pastel. You can also buy a variety of pastry, breads, and other cookies and biscuits. They have a mini-restaurant on the side for any clients who wants to eat some empanada, siopao, halo-halo, etc! It's a good stop to relax from the scorching sun after shopping at the mercado or "tiyanggihan". My face became so familiar with the bakery staff that they even know to switch from Cebuano to Tagalog just because I cannot speak the local language. Tagalog is the national language although I am also not so fluent with it. English is still a popular choice for any tourists to use in the island.

Favorite Dish: A pastel has a creamy "yemas" filling or some sort of dulce de leche flavoring. I'm so obsessed with it, that I gained weight in my stay at Camiguin for all I do is buy a dozen of these sweet bread almost everyday!

• J A Fishpen: Avoid like the plague

by biyahilo Updated Apr 15, 2007

Service is slow, incompetent and rude.
    We ordered kilawin (raw fish marinated in vinegar, upon the waiter's suggestion and guarantee that the fish was fresh) and grilled pork, among other things.
    The fish was not fresh; we managed to eat only a few pieces.
    After 40 minutes, the waiter tells us that HE, was cancelling the grilled pork as he claimed it was not fresh. This was apparently a ruse since he brought what seemed like roast pork to the other table! I also saw them grilling some pork earlier.
    We ordered two Cokes and two iced teas. After about 40 minutes they brought 1 Coke and 1 iced tea. Despite repeated requests to bring the additional orders over the next 20 minutes, they didnt until we left.

Instant Answers: Camiguin Island

Comments

Camiguin Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Camiguin Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Camiguin Island sightseeing.

View all Camiguin Island hotels