Silang Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Silang

Gourmet Refreshers' Health Foods: Discover Cocosugar's Health Benefits

by cyndymc Updated Sep 9, 2010
    BeneVita Cocosugar

Inside Gourmet Refreshers is a Pasalubong Corner. Aside from the fresh organic vegetables, salad dressings and pasta sauces, people drop by the place to buy "pasalubongs" and other health foods.

What to buy: While looking at the merchandise displayed on the shelves of Gourmet Refreshers, I was happy to see BeneVita Cocosugar in 500 gms packaging. I was reminded of the discussion on cocosugar I heard in a Health Program. Food and Nutrition Research Institute reportedly conducted studies that established coco sugar's health benefits. Having a low glycemic index of 35, it is said to be good for diabetics as it helps balance blood glucose & insulin levels. It is also lowers LDL cholesterol level.

Benevita Cocosugar is an all purpose natural sweetener processed through vaporization of pure coconut nectar. No artificial preservative nor any kind of additive is added. It is therefore a real treat for diabetics and dieters with weight problems. Compared to refined and brown cane sugar, Benevita cocosugar contains higher amount of nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, magnesium, sulfur and micro nutrients. It can be used for coffee, tea or juice or as ingredient in baking.

What to pay: (I'm sorry I lost my receipt and I forgot the price, but I will check the price when we go back.)

• Motorcycle

Gourmet Refreshers: Healthy Teas, Salad Greens & Dressings, Herbs,etc

Cafe' @ Gourmet Refreshers

Gourmet Cafe' as a producer of ground coffee blends, healthy teas, preservative-free salad dressings, pasta sauces, spreads & dips and fresh salad greens and herbs, have a sales outlet and small cafe' by the roadside.

What to buy: All the abovementioned products are sold in their store, plus many native "pasalubong" items.

Their teas come in different variants: ampalaya, pito-pito (blend of 7 herbs), sambong, banaba, lagundi and ginger.

Coffee Blends: Mountain-grown arabica, baraco, Batangas especial, reserve, hazelnut-flavored selections.

Dips & Dressing: Thousand Islands, Herb & Cheese, Honey Mustard, Garlic, Roman Garlic Spread, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Mango Vinaigrette

Pasalubongs: Tamarind preserves, vegetable chips, special sardines, etc

Fresh Organic Vegetables: Romaine Lettuce, Potatoes. Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Herbs

What to pay: P100 up

Mang Rey: Lucky Plants

Mang Rey W/ My Small Welcome Palm

Fascinating lucky plants, hospitable gardener-owner, free gardening tips, free give-away... what more can I ask for? We were already through with our shopping at Grizelda's and Sebastian & Princess when my eyes wandered to a nearby garden. The gardener/owner was so nice, he motivated me to buy some items, and he even gave me a freebie (lucky plant).

What to buy: Man Rey has a wide variety of lucky plants whose names I can't all recall, but there are palms, bamboos, etc. He also sells a lot of flowering plants, ferns, indoor plants and landscape foliage plants.

What to pay: The small lucky plant I bought was P50 only. It is known as "Welcome Plant", but its scientific name escapes me this time. I also bought a blooming pink pitimi rose for P50.

Grizelda's: Unique Flowers & Plants

by cyndymc Written Sep 4, 2010
    Grizelda's Garden

Just beside Sebastian & Princess where we bought some garden accessories, we discovered Grizelda's. They have a wide variety of ornamental/exotic plants.

What to buy: We bought some imported dwarf mums in full bloom (I couldn't resist them!), imported gerberas, and bonsai materials like ficus triangularis and juniper.

What to pay: Dwarf mums in full bloom- P70/small pot
    Imported Long-stalk Gerbera- P150/small pot
    Bonsai Material Juniper- P80/small tree
    Bonsai Material Ficus Triangularis- P250/medium pot
    Multicolored Lantana- P10 each small plant or 3 for P25

Sebastian & Princess: Landscape & Garden Accessories

Garden Fountains & Waterfalls

If you love sprucing up your garden, this is where you should go. You'll see a wide variety of stuff to choose from, and buy things at wholesale price from the direct maker and supplier even if you don't buy things by the dozens.

What to buy: You can get stone- and/or cement-crafted garden fountains & waterfalls, garden sets, pond bridges, pedestals, lanterns, bonsai dishes, Buddha heads & other Zen-inspired accessories

What to pay: Depending on the quantity and type of garden accessories you buy, you'll spend from P150-P8,000.

Roadside Stalls Along Sta. Rosa-Silang Road: Japanese Corn

by cyndymc Written Feb 25, 2009
    Corn Vendor Preparing My Order

A row of Corn Vendors line the Sta. Rosa- Silang Highway just before the Adventist University of the Philippines. Motorists can just park on the side of the road to buy fresh produce. Very convenient for "pasalubong" shopping.

What to buy: Different varieties of corn are sold there- the Japanese Corn, regular sweet corn, and native white corn. You may them fresh or boiled.

What to pay: Japanese Corn can be bought for only P10 each ot P100/10pcs. White corn is much cheaper.

Instant Answers: Silang

Comments

Silang Shopping

Reviews and photos of Silang shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Silang sightseeing.