Bantayan Island Restaurants

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Sta. Fe beach resort: Fresh seafoods

by heydelin Written Feb 22, 2013

grilled fish

The thing I like the most here is that the food are served quickly and that food taste great, really great! Make sure to buy fresh coconut juice! The staffs would just climb the tree and get the buko for you.

Favorite Dish: Kinilaw na isda

HR Restaurant: HR Restaurant

by maribeldizon Written Nov 11, 2012

We decided to checkout the restaurants in Sta Fe town and our pedicab driver recommended HR. After going to the market, we stopped by HR. Rhoda, the waitress who waited on us was friendly and tried to answer our questions about the food. Sometimes she would go to the kitchen check. We took her suggestions and chose the food we wanted for our dinner... Grilled fish, pancit, grilled squid, sizzling pork. We got her number and arranged to call her when its ok to cook the food so it would be ready when we return in the evening.

Favorite Dish: As promised they were ready, they served the food almost immediately when we arrived. My husband who was having a gout attack enjoyed the pancit. i liked the grilled squid too!

• maribeldizon's Profile Photo

Anika Island Resort: Great Food!

Entrance to the lobby cum restaurant

When in Bantayan Island, even if you are not booked in Anika Resort, you should try having lunch or dinner in the restaurant! Really great food! Pre-order if you must so that you would not have to wait long!

We loved the Adobong Pusit, (sauteed squid with vinegar and toyo) really flavorful and soft!
    The Sinuglaw, a two-way dish of Sinugba na baboy (grilled pork) over kinilaw na isda (white snapper fish fillet, raw with lots of vinegar, chili)
    Pancit (noodles) with a lot of sauteed pork, shrimp and vegetables
    Humba, a visayan pork dish.

Favorite Dish: Sinuglaw is my favorite. The fish was so fresh and eaten with grilled pork was so flavorful. You should really try it!

• maribeldizon's Profile Photo

CouCou Bar & Restaurant: Good Food, Big Serving!

CouCou special large size

We loved the food in Anika Resort and we were contented in taking all our meals there but we decided to explore the town of Sta Fe on our second day. We checked out the menu of some of the restaurants. and decided to try the Pizza and Pasta in CouCou Bar and Restaurant. We ordered Large size of CouCou specail pizza, P350 plus and was really good! We ordered 3 kinds of pasta, seafood (red sauce), carbonara and garlic and oil. P 160-P180 each, really big servings. we ended up bringing it home for our friends who didn't join us.

Coucou serves local and seafood as well...

Favorite Dish: Pizza, generous toppings!

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Marisqueira o Portuguese Bar and Restaurant: Don't miss the jerseys and flags!

by theguardianangel Written Feb 11, 2012

i just really love the place, only the place

My friends and I wandered outside the resort to find a place to have breakfast.

A lot of bars and restos are found around and because of that we can’t decide where to eat.
    Then, I was caught by the design of this restaurant, having a number of jerseys & international flags hanging in the resto’s ceiling. It’s very colorful and unique. The jerseys were signed and messages were written by the customers who had been here.
    Also, the restaurant's counter is surrounded with cigarette sticks!

Regarding the food, there’s nothing unusual. The resto serves American, Indian, local and other international cuisines and like the other bars and restos nearby, food prices range from 120-250Php. Brewed coffee costs 55Php, oh yes… I’m mentioning coffee again.

I just want to share about my experience here. Actually, I wasn’t happy about the service of the lady here; I don’t even believe that she’s the owner if she can’t even serve the customers’ requests. I complained about my ordered brewed coffee since I find its taste very different. It’s like the ground coffee was mixed up with the brewed part… which isn’t really good! And you know what, she even didn’t bothered to offer me something in exchange of that! If at least she offered to change my ordered brewed coffee or just a simple apology, any of that would be very fine! But the heck!!! She didn’t bother to talk to me! My god!

Ok now, don’t get carried away by my experience… maybe I just had the wrong timing to dine here. Life is short so I usually let simple things like this to pass by. Honestly, I enjoyed the ambience but not the service.

Anyway, I just really like to have a picture with the jerseys and the flags inside the resto…

• Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

D'Jungle: fresh Seafood in town

by kemisteryoso Written Nov 4, 2010

Also near from Hard Kock Kafe and Portuguese. Their specialty here are fresh sea food. Just point what you like and they will cook it for you on a large grilling station at the Center. The crowd is good and the ambiance is great.

Hard Kock Cafe: Yummy burger and Pizza at Kock

by kemisteryoso Updated Jul 19, 2010

Lots of foreigners hang on this place to converge with their fellow foreigners. They said their Pizza and burgers are delicious so I want to taste it myself. They were right, the taste is comparable to some pizza houses in the metro. Their bacon and cheese burger is meaty like Brother’s burger and the taste makes you bite bigger. The pizza costs me 300 pesos and the burger 160 pesos.

They also serve value sizzling meals like sisig, gambas, mushroom, squid etc that comes with 1 cup of rice and a glass of ice tea for only 150 pesos. I like their sizzling squid more.

There is also a big flat screen TV where you can watch the scheduled movie or cable channel requested by their guest.
    The place is near the road and to all other resto bars in the town proper.

The only thing thing made me uncomfortable is the preparation that took forever to finish

By the way they also have affordable locally inspired accommodations but for me it's far from the beach.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Pizza, Bacon and Cheese Burger and Sizzling Squid

Melody's Eatery: Check the Bats

by kemisteryoso Updated Jun 28, 2010

If you want a cheap but okay grilled pork and seafood, try this eatery. The place is like a common Carideria very small and not furnished.
    Just watch out their pet wandering around above your head. They have 2 domesticated fruit bats. If you want to experience eating knowing that some rat-faced flying creature might touch your hair, try this one. Don’t worry they are harmless.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Liempo

• D' Jungle: D'Jungle- a complete rip-off

by tyler_megatron Updated Aug 14, 2009

D'Jungle offers buffet every friday night at the cost of P245/head. Right across the street, there is also a Portuguese restaurant that offers the same promo every friday night, so u can just imagine the tight competition as employees try to get more customers into coming. we tried to check what both restaurants offer for the buffet before making a decision. the Portuguese restaurant offered more variety, but since most of it were more Filipino cuisine, so my guy wasnt interested. so when we went to see what d'jungle has, upon entering, the french owner warmly welcomed us into the place and introduced us to the buffet which was mostly composed of fish. i think there were just about 20 dishes (inspite of the " 50+" dishes the owner mentioned), some of it were even just a duplicate of the other dishes displayed. we also noticed that some of the dishes was almost empty, even though it was just around 7pm. but the owner promised that the dishes were to be replenished. because my boyfriend loves french fries, (there wasnt any at the portuguese restaurant), we decided to eat at D'Jungle. however, when we came back for more food after sampling, most dishes we liked were already gone, when asking for the replenishment, the owner then said that there are already too much food. we really felt deceived. he didnt even bother apologizing or anything. it was a complete ripoff. the food wasnt even great. it was mainly composed of sweet and sour fish(which i hate), food was too oily and salty, not to mention that it was cold. i really regretted coming here. we shouldve eaten at the portuguese restaurant which had warm food and freshly grilled meat and seafood. they even had shrimps and crabs among other seafoods they offered!!dont ever go to D'Jungle. The experience would only ruin your Bantayan island vacation.

• gypsysoul73's Profile Photo

D'Jungle: Big on buffet

by gypsysoul73 Written Aug 31, 2007

Though it says Mongolian Buffet, it isn't the Mongolian buffet we know where you pile all these raw meat, vegetables, rice , sauces and condiments into a bowl and then have them fry it all up before giving it back to you. This is just a regular buffet , extensive selection of dishes, but where everything is grilled atop a huge coal grill behind the bar.

• sfaye_hart's Profile Photo

Marisqueira O Portuguese: Get a slice of that pizza!

by sfaye_hart Updated Jun 3, 2007

This place serves various kinds of food, from Portuguese to Filipino to Thai. The restaurant itself is decorated with lots of flags on the ceiling, shirts on the walls, old money framed on the wall, and lights scattered around. We ordered the Paella, which was ok, although it was not served in the cast iron pan paella is traditionally cooked/served in (I love the burnt parts at the bottom!) Oh, the coffee here is supposed to be good, it's really from Italy. Overall, although it's not spectacular, I'd go back to this place. hahahaha Warning though, as with all other restaurants in Bantayan I've tried, don't expect lightning speed service.

Favorite Dish: The pizza! The crust was nicely crunchy all around, not just the top part like most other pizzas in the world. It was generously covered in mozzarella too, just what I love most in pizzas! The morning before we left I found myself craving for more, but unfortunately I woke up too late to satisfy my craving.

• firelady28's Profile Photo

White Sands: best restaurant in Bantayan

by firelady28 Written Nov 12, 2006

The best restaurant in Bantayan is White Sands. The place is owned and run by Robert a Frenchguy.

The food is fantastic I loved eating breakfast at this restaurant. Price is reasonable

At night this is the best place to dine, you can get a table by the shore. You have seashells, candle light and bougainvilla on your table. Although the music in the background isnt always nice. The food is superb. There is no menu and you get whatever is available in the day's catch.

Robert knows his food real well, I onlywish he can choose better music next time, but allin all its great.

Favorite Dish: ohh grilled Katambak, and sinigang

• karengkeng's Profile Photo

Kota Beach Resort Restaurant: Big Breakfast at the resort

by karengkeng Written Oct 24, 2006

big breakfast for growing girls he he he ...

Loooove eating a big hearty pinoy breakfast here! I always order danggit with rice and two eggs, juice and hot chocolate. I know it's 100% cardiac-delight but when you are on vacation, one's diet is left at home.

Favorite Dish: Any filipino breakfast meal. Best is danggit but they say longsilog or longganisa with sinangag is to-die-for as well.

One meal will cost you about PhP200 or $4.00 per person.

• karengkeng's Profile Photo

Balikbayan Restaurant: Very affordable and big servings

by karengkeng Written Oct 24, 2006

This place is great! Kept on returning because of the food and look of the restaurant. You stay in mini-cottages while you have your meal.

Favorite Dish: I've always ordered the delicious chicken curry, the serving is gigantic. I believe everything is meant to be shared and center-served. Their pansit bihon is great too and other local entrees. Wish i took a photo of the food. Maybe next time.

Marisquera O Purtuguese: Western style

by kemisteryoso Written Nov 4, 2010

Another restaurant to choose from near Hard Kock Kafe.
    They offer variety of western menu and favorites..

Instant Answers: Bantayan Island

Comments

Bantayan Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bantayan Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bantayan Island sightseeing.

View all Bantayan Island hotels