Cebu City Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Cebu City

• Tabo-an Market

by xiumei Written Jul 9, 2011

For first timers, the best way to get around Cebu will be through taxi. Like in Manila, the Flagfall = PHP 40 and every 300m or 2mins wait time = PHP 3.50.

We also tried the jeepneys which is cheaper however since they have their own route, sometimes, it gets confusing.

Just be careful especially in Tabo-an Market. We are waiting for a taxi when 4 gentlemen hailed a cab for us. I know we really have to give some coins to them but to give all of them, that's too much, considering they only hailed one taxi for us.

• Delayed Flight!

by xiumei Written Jul 9, 2011

I got a promo fare from Zest Air, it was for only 500 pesos(back and forth). We were scheduled to leave at 4:00PM. When I confirmed the flight, they said it will be at 4:20, so no prob. It's only 20 minutes difference. But then, because of their "technical maintenace" our flight was moved to 5:20PM then 6:10PM, then 7:30PM. And finally, we left Manila at 8PM. We were so stressed out. Even my mom's blood pressure went up because of the delay of flight. So frustrating... They had a free dinner to compensate.

The hotel almost cancelled our reservation. Good thing we were able to call and they extended our reservation until 11PM.

In fairness, the staff of Zest Air in Cebu are nice. They made sure that we will not experience the hassle that we've been through.

• Mactan Cebu International Airport

by thescene Written Oct 11, 2010

The Mactan Cebu International Airport the second biggest airport in the Philippines in terms of passengers served. It serves a number of domestic airlines and is also connected to destinations in Korea, Hong Kong and the Middle East. The terminal seems a little old though there are plans to renovate and expand the terminal as the passenger numbers increase. Outside the terminal there are taxi cabs that can take you to the provincial capital of Cebu City which is located in the adjacent island.

• adventurousfeet's Profile Photo

FERRY BOAT: CEBU-BOHOL

by adventurousfeet Updated Aug 2, 2010
    cebu port 1 terminal

Cebu can be reached from Bohol and vice versa,via ferry boats, from an hour to 2 hours ride of different ferry shipping lines, you can explore these two provinces at the same time!

Here's the link for the list of schedules

• Sailing and Boating
    • Adventure Travel

• Warning: E-tickets at Cebu City Airport

by Songsam Written Apr 7, 2010

I flew out of Cebu City on April 6, 2010. As I approached the Departures entrance, I encountered a furious man. He said that he had missed his flight, because a trainee security guard would not let him enter the check-in area because he, the passenger, did not have a paper ticket.
    Be aware- at this airport, and the 2 others I have been to in The Philippines, you can not even enter the terminal building unless you are a passenger and go through security and scanning.
    It is a primitive, third world country. Allow plenty of time for check-in, in case you encounter this kind of hassle. And do not accept an assurance from your home-country travel agent that some sort of E-ticket file number is all you need in order to fly.
    In fairness to the airport, I should say that I heard only one side of the story. I don't know who the guard was, and didn't talk to him. However, when I heard the passenger's story, I went to my own airline's ticket office (outside the security cordon) to ensure that I had sufficient documentation to check-in and board my flight. The person I talked to said that they had encountered the same problem the previous day - one of their passengers had been refused permission to enter.

• adventures4Lyfe's Profile Photo

SuperCat Ferry

by adventures4Lyfe Written Feb 20, 2010

Taking the SuperCat Ferry to Tagbilaran was a pleasant ride and cost us p1025 each--Business class going and Regular coming back!
    The service was good and we reached Tagbilaran on time. One thing we would warn travellers about is that in Business Class seats in row 23 A-G do not have windows so keep this mind when making your selection.
    I would suggest buying your ticket in advance to avoid dissappointment and having to arrive at the Pier very early or being waitlisted!!

• Whale Watching

• Taxi Cabs: The main means of transport in Cebu

by thescene Written Jan 9, 2010

The main way to travel the city is through the numerous taxis. Generally speaking the cars are clean and the air conditioning cold. Drivers are generally polite and courteous. Flagdown rate is at 30 pesos increasing by 2.50 pesos every 200 meters there after.

• metalmartin's Profile Photo

From airport to city

by metalmartin Written Dec 17, 2009

The Cheapest way to get to the city is ofc not going where everyone else is going.

To acccess the taxi from arrival is both hectic and expensive instead make your way to the departure hall by using the elevator going up 1 level backtrack tru som door looking for transfer zone or domestic departure, exit building and approach a taxi dropping off.

running on meter this normally saves you 50 % and the absence of baggage handlers...

• Singles

• Getting to Moalboal

by Matthewstanford Written Sep 25, 2009

Buses to Moalboal run from the south bus station on N Bacalso Ave. Just ask at the station and the people will quickly point you in the right direction. The buses run very often, on the way ours broken down but there was another one to jump on within 10 minutes.

Taxi Anyone?

Taxi in and around Cebu City

I did not take a taxi while I was in Cebu City although it was aplenty. The reason was mainly because I have arranged for a private van on the internet so that I will be able to go around Cebu City at my own pace. Aside from this, going to and around the city is convenient. I used fast ferry in coming back to Cebu from a day tour of Bohol. I used a jeepney to go to Ayala Center from Golden Peak Hotel. There are also tricyle available especially in small streets.

Taking a taxi in Cebu City is easy. The only thing you need to remember if you decide to use one is to hire with a meter. Do not bargain as you will be charged five to ten times the regular fare. This happens if you call a taxi from the airport or the hotel.

Better still, if you want to go around the city and the neighboring towns, use the private van I have posted here. It is safer and you will have a knowledgeable tour guide at the same time. For sure you will enjoy your tour with Eugene and Edna and their team of local tour guides.

Jeepney is Available in the City of Cebu

Jeepney-Public Transport in Cebu

If you are going around Cebu, it is not necessary to take a cab or taxi. You can take jeepney to go to any direction. Just check the signboard in front of the jeepney as this is how the driver give the message to passengers on where he is headed to.

If you are going to the SM Shopping Mall in Ayala Center, you will see the sign as 'SM' or 'Ayala Center'. It is cheaper to travel and go around with a jeepney provided your schedule is not that hectic.

If your stay in Cebu City is limited, you may hire a private van, better still a Package Tour so that going around will be convenient for you and your group. For tour package information and booking, you may check the link I provided below.

Cebu Pacific Air

Cebu Pacific Air

Cebu Pacific was the airline I used from Cebu City to the city of Singapore. This airline pioneered the what they call 'low fare, great value' strategy. It was a very smooth flight from Mactan International Airport to Singapore Airport that I did not even realize we have arrived.

The airline offers domestic flights to Bacolod, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Clark, Cotabato, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, General Santos City, Iloilo, Kalibo (Boracay), Laoag, Legaspi, and Manila.

In the Year 2001, Cebu Pacific Air launches its International Operations and offered flights to Bangkok, Hong kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Incheon, Pusan, and Taipei.

If you want to have some fun, check the airlines' Fun Shop onboard and I am sure you will enjoy your purchase of a variety of gift items.

Local Tour Guide with Private Van in Cebu City

Closer Look of Eugene's Van

My stay in Cebu City was made comfortable with the help of our local tour guide named Eugene. It was this very friendly, patient, and knowledgeable guy who took us to almost all tourist destinations in Cebu and its neighboring cities.

Eugene is an easy person. He never complain on our whole 2 days of going around the city. He is very punctual when it comes to our schedule. Eugene owns a van and have a tie up with Edna and a tour agency in the city. You will definitely enjoy your adventure with Eugene or any of his team on the wheel.

If you are travelling to Cebu and would like to enjoy your stay, get a trusted tour team. I highly recommend Eugene's tour services as he can work on your hotel accommodation, airport transfer, and tour itinerary at very reasonable price. I posted here his van, unfortunately, Eugene's photo is not available at the moment. Better still, you can make a package tour booking with Eugene's team on the link I provided below.

Enjoy your trip to Cebu City.

• uysijessa's Profile Photo

Canvass the different airlines

by uysijessa Written Jun 25, 2009

Almost all the domestice airlines fly to Cebu and it would be best to check them all to find out the best fares, times and availability. On my most recent trip to Cebu (June 11-13) my friends and I checked the website of PAL, Cebu Pacific, Zest Air and Air Philippines for the best option and ended up taking Zest Air going to Cebu and Cebu Pacific on the way back. With this combination we ended up paying only about P3,500 per pax compared to the P4,000++ we would have paid if we stuck to one airline. So don't be afraid to shop around! But also keep in mind that the best (meaning cheapest) fare are those that are booked way in advance.

• mactandiesel's Profile Photo

CHEAP TRANSPORT

by mactandiesel Written May 20, 2009

IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO RENT A CAR HERE,THEN A TAXI OR JEEPNEY IS THE WAY TO GO.TAXIS ARE AIRCONED AND START OUT AT 30.00 PESOS.A JEEPNEY IS A UNIQUE VEHICLE THAT CARRIES MORE PASSENGERS,BUT IT IS A HOT RIDE TO WHEREVER YOU ARE GOING,BUT CHEAPER THAN A TAXI.I BELIEVE IT IS 7.00 PESO TO RIDE ONE.

Instant Answers: Cebu City

Comments

Cebu City Transportation

Reviews and photos of Cebu City transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cebu City sightseeing.