Malapascua Island Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Malapascua Island

• karengkeng's Profile Photo

Ging-ging's: Yummy affordable food

by karengkeng Written Apr 3, 2005

Ging-ging's, as what Lonely Planet has mentioned, is a favorite of all vacationers. Food is cheap but tasty and servings are just right. I'ts at the back of Cocobana Beach.

I think the food is less than P50 ( less than USD 1.00). How can you go wrong with that?

Favorite Dish: Chicken curry!

• limledi's Profile Photo

Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant: Don't Miss The Grilled Porkchop!

by limledi Updated Apr 11, 2007

Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant offers inexpensive grilled meat and fish dishes. For a cup of rice with two porkchops and veggies, costs P175 only. I also love sitting at the second level of the restaurant which offers a wide, beautiful view of Bounty Beach. Also very cool and refreshing. Very convenient, the eatery is right beside our beachfront cottage.

Favorite Dish: Grilled meat and fish dishes. Tasty!

Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant Blue Water Malapascua Bar and Restaurant
    • Sailing and Boating

• vic&michael's Profile Photo

Sunsplash: Divine Food

by vic&michael Written Nov 23, 2006

This restaurant/bar has a relaxed athmosphere. We ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there on seperate days, and also spent a night drinking at the bar with the German owner of this restaurant/bar.

Breakfast comes in large sizes. Savory crepes, or German-bread with egg, sausage, and this yummy mash thing that I don't remember the name of. They also serve a Philippino-style breakfast - rice/toast with a fried egg, and salted fish.

We had the best dinner there. It was not Philippino food though. The owner had just been to Thailand and learned how to cook Thai foods there. He taught his wife and some of the staff how to cook Thai curries, and we had the most delicious green curry with prawns, with jasmine rice. I've been to Thailand and eaten the food there, and they did an excellent job recreating the curry. By the way, it wasn't on the menu, but if you ask for 'tonight's special' or ask nicely for their Thai dishes, I'm sure they would be happy to make it for you.

They also do a wonderful deal in Happy Hour. You get 2 drinks for the price of 1. And they are strong cocktails too!! The 2 cocktails I had were in large glass tumblers, and kept me happy all night! Oh, I forgot, the owner also shouted us shots of some Philippino spirits, that, plus the cocktails probably kept me happy all night...

There is a large screen in the restaurant/bar with a projector, where the patrons and staff watch races and other entertainment nightly.

Our Sunsplash bar and restaurant

• Jean-Noel's Profile Photo

La Dolce Vita: A real Italian restaurant!

by Jean-Noel Updated Jul 6, 2006

Together with "Ging, Ging's Eatery", my favourite one on the island. With a beatiful direct view on the beach. Good food. They serve pasta and spaghetti like it should be served (ardente and not with that awfull sugerly taste like they usually serve it in the Philippines). Good music (well most of the time), a bit kitsch decoration (local rural Italian style) and a lot of pics on the wall, most of them from old Italian movies (and the master Federico Fellini of course!). The owner is an Italian (he brings along the necessary condiments) and he spends part of his days in the island and part in Italy.

Favorite Dish: The spaghetti

La Dolce Vita (not in Rome but in Malapascua) View with the beach in front of the restaurant Same beach

• Jean-Noel's Profile Photo

Ging Ging's Eatery: Authentic Philippine food at a very low price

by Jean-Noel Updated Jul 6, 2006

Together with "La Dolce Vita" my favourite restaurant on the Island. They serve all kind of food, even French fries, etc. but they are their best when it comes to authentic Philipino kitchen. They are the less expensive but serve good food. Since it is not located along the beach but in the middle it is sometimes hot and their small plastic fans are a joke. Here you can also refill your plastic bottle of water (for almost no money) which is great (and ecological) because you will drink a lot with the heat.

Favorite Dish: Can't remember the names but the dishes prepared with coconut cream are delicious. The fresh mango juices were also very yummie!

Tables are in the midst of the garden & palmtrees

• rain_forest's Profile Photo

Ging-Ging's Garden Restaurant: Fresh seafoods, as long as you're willing to wait.

by rain_forest Written Jan 4, 2008

First of all, they're cheaper than other restaurants. It also takes longer for your food to arrive. The menu ranges from breakfast to lunch to dinner and they're open from 6:30am to 10pm. The choices are Filipino, american, italian. Softdrinks here costs p20 but its p40 in some restaurants. If you're really scrimping, you can buy in the neighboring sari-sari store. A dish costs p50-75 and only good for one. There are flies around, and you have to fan your food with your hands while eating. The restaurant, as the name implies, is in the middle of a garden. Maybe that's why they have lots of flies.

Favorite Dish: I like their fish and chips (fresh mackerel, fried with just the right amount of salt). It costs p75. If to go, its p80. The fruit salad is delish, with bananas, mangoes and pineapples.

Mackerel and potatoes - really yummy! Misheil with fish and chips and cheese omelette. the menu and not all of it
    • Cycling

• vic&michael's Profile Photo

Ging Gings: Local Foods

by vic&michael Written Nov 23, 2006

We ordered a sizzling hot plate of prawns cooked with ginger, it was delicious. We also ordered a few other dishes, although I don't remember what they were, I remember they were delicious, and very cheap. And the ambience was lovely - under a canopy of trees, with little fairy lights draped here and there, and a lit candle on our table. :o)

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

floating island: tastes like genuine japanese...almost!

by Rastarigo Written Sep 5, 2007

wish we had more days in the island and return to this resto for a kare raisu fix again. i was quite surprised to know in a little faraway island their japanese menu are as tasty as the one you would find in the metro

Mabuhay Restaurant: Great little place to eat

by CEP1863 Written Mar 5, 2015

I came upon this place walking to Thresher Shark Divers and as the menu had a couple of vegetarian options, I decided to give it a go. The place has a covered eating area or you can dine outside on the beach. I chose the inside option which proved to be a lucky choice as all of a sudden, the heavens opened and there was a torrential downpour.

I chose vegetable egg fried rice and a vegetable curry. Staff quickly took my order and the wait for my food was on a par with elsewhere. The rice did arrive before the curry but the wait was not unacceptable. The fod was freshly cooked, piping hot, very tasty and generously sized portions.

All in all, I really enjoyed my meal and it will definitely be somewhere that I venture back to.

Favorite Dish: The vegetable curry was really well spiced making it a very tasty dish.

Mabuhay Restaurant Malapascua Mabuhay Restaurant Malapascua Mabuhay Restaurant Malapascua

Angelina's: Good for pizza

by CEP1863 Updated Mar 5, 2015

This was recommended as somewhere good to eat by one of the dive instructors at ThresherShark Divers. I ate here twice, once for pizza and a second time for pasta. The restaurant has a traditional wood burning pizza oven which is always a good sign. I ordered a Quattro Formaggio and having seen the size of the pizzas, I decided to forgo a starter. The pizza arrived quickly and it was generously topped with Parmesan, Gorgonzola, Pecorino and Mozzarella. It was cooked to perfection with a lovely crispy, thin base, overall a very enjoyable and satisfying meal.

A couple of days later I returned to the restaurant but this time, I decided to give the pasta a try. This turned out to be a huge mistake and had this been my first visit, I would have probably not returned. As a starter I ordered Foccicia, it was described on the menu as being cooked with olive oil and rosemary. When it arrived, it was a pizza base that was heavily garnished with salt and rosemary and not a hint of olive oil. It was dry and salty and only partially edible once I asked for balsamic vinegar and olive oil to dip it into. As a main course I ordered Spaghetti Aglio Olio, a simple dish that if cooked well is delicious and one of my favourites. Unfortunately, it was not well cooked and overall can be best described as quite bland and tasteless. The only positive that I could take away was that the Spaghetti had not been overlooked.

My overall impression - if you want to eat pizza then Angelina's is a good place to go; if you want to eat pasta then it would not be a place that I would recommend from my experience.

Angelina's Restaurant Angelina's Restaurant Angelina's Restaurant

• limledi's Profile Photo

La Dolce Vita: Italian Food!

by limledi Updated Apr 11, 2007

La Dolce Vita is a restaurant that serves Italian food. All I can say is that the owner is rude and doesn't know how to treat his customers well. We were practically driven out of the restaurant. And to think that we waited for quite a while for our seats. He clearly prefers foreign guests. That's clearly racial discrimination on our own land! He wanted us to order a plate of pizza per person! You can't order your customers how much to eat!
    Despite of this, his restaurant is really nice, in fact the nicest I've seen in the island and smells real good. Price is expensive though.

Favorite Dish: NA

La Dolce Vita La Dolce Vita La Dolce Vita
    • Hiking and Walking

• Mara_2's Profile Photo

Exotic’s restaurant: Excellent restaurant

by Mara_2 Updated Jan 14, 2008

We had booked a half-board treatment, but since we were so satiisfied with the food, we had also lunch there!
    When we first arrived it was evening and we come at the restaurant to dine. They gave us a very big menu and we asked what were included in our half-board. We received back only blank stares: we could choose anything we wanted from the whole menu!!! It was the first time such a thing has happend to us! Anywhere else there would be only some dishes for a half-board, but not here!
    The restaurant is place almost on the beach and it has a great view on the seaside. It is open on all sides and has a sand floor. At the top there's a bar and every evening you can enjoy a happy our from 17.00 to 19.00 - the cocktails are very good!

Favorite Dish: They have Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and International cuisine. The portions are huge and sometimes we could not fiished them! They are also very tasty! Obviously in three weeks we treid almost everything, but also obviously we had our favorite dishes. If you like spicy, you should try Fish Kinilaw: pieces of raw fish marinated in calamansi juice (it's similar to lime) and slices of very hot chili pepper. Also excellent is tuna-sashimi! If you like soups, try the Fish Chowder - very good!
    The beer is also good: my husband loved the Red Horse, while I preferred San Miguel Light!

• Spa and Resort

• limledi's Profile Photo

Ging Ging's Eatery: Popular Among Tourists!

by limledi Updated Apr 11, 2007

A friendly welcome awaits you at Ging Ging's Eatery with their fish dishes (which they would like you to order beforehand). Breakfast is accompanied by bread baked in their own ovens. Food serving is small good for 1 person only. Food is ordinary. You can find better restaurants in some other resorts like Blue Water Malapascua Beach Resort. Located behind the Cocobana Beach Resort.

Favorite Dish: None.

Ging Ging's Eatery Ging Ging's Eatery
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Hiking and Walking

Ocean Vida Restaurant: Disappointing meal

by CEP1863 Updated Mar 8, 2015

This was recommended as a place to dine at. I went early in the evening and found the restaurant located above Ocean Vida bar on quite a large and busy ocean front complex.

Upon entering the restaurant, it was empty and so I asked if I could sit at a table overlooking the beach. I was told that all of these tables were reserved and given an alternative in the middle of the restaurant. The menu had plenty of variety and certainly there was something there to suit all tastes. I made my selection but had quite a wait before one of the waitresses could be bothered enough to take my order; my presence was definitely an unwelcome interruption to their social gathering!

I ordered vegetarian lumpia as a starter and A vegetarian version of Pancit Canton, both of which are Philippino dishes. The starter arrived quite quickly which I would expect being the only diner and it looked quite appetising however when I cut into one of the lumpia, oil just poured out meaning that they had been poorly cooked. When my main course arrived, there was a huge pile of noodles but very few vegetables which was disappointing. I took a forkful and upon tasting it, my mouth was overpowered by salt, making the dish really unpleasant to eat. None of the waitresses stopped by to see if my food was okay as they were too busy with their own conversations.

I decided to ask for the bill and managed eventually to get someone's attention. Certainly they were not interested in why I had not bothered to eat the dish. As the only diner in the restaurant, I feel that even if the food was not up to much, I should have been afforded more courtesy and attention by the waitressing staff. This is definitely not a place that I would return to, nor based upon my own experience, could I recommed it to anyone else.

Ocean Vida Restaurant Ocean Vida Restaurant

Amihan Restaurant: Best food on Malapascua

by CEP1863 Written Mar 12, 2015

Set up on the side of a small cliff, this delightful restaurant offers not only stunning food but a beautiful view of the sunset, if you are dining early. As soon as you step inside the restaurant, you know that this is a step up in quality compared to the rest of the restaurants on Malapascua. Waiting staff are attentive, friendly and helpful and go out of their way to ensure that you have a pleasant dining experience.

There is an extensive menu drawing upon what produce is available fresh locally as well as imported ingredients from Italy. The Italian owner is also on hand to offer advice as well. In the end I opted for Bruchette Miste with five different vegetarian toppings as a starter whilst for my main course I selected Rigatoni spinaci e gorgonzola. This was in a rich creamy sauce topped with toasted cashew nuts.

The food was delicious, easily the best meal that I had during my stay on Malapascua and it is definitely a restaurant that I would not hesitate to recommend.

Amihan Restaurant Malapascua Amihan Restaurant Malapascua Amihan Restaurant Malapascua Amihan Restaurant Malapascua

Instant Answers: Malapascua Island

Comments

Malapascua Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Malapascua Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malapascua Island sightseeing.

View all Malapascua Island hotels