Places to eat in Province of Cebu

entrance
    yum

Most Viewed Restaurants in Province of Cebu

• sunshine_01's Profile Photo

Gerry's Grill: Yummy grilled pusit (squid)

by sunshine_01 Updated Jan 10, 2008

The grilled pusit was very delicious, tender and juicy and the sauce has a tint of sweetness which goes very well with the pusit. It is a must-try if you dine at Gerry's grill. Do note that there is a minimum order of 500g pusit(P290). The baked scallops are big and juicy(P165). The scallops are bigger as compared to the scallops from Golden Cowie or Kaona's grill.

There was nothing special for the tuna belly(P225), the flesh is a bit tough and chewy. The pinakbet(bitterguard & other vegetable) was very salty(P110). The chopsuey(mix vegetables of cabbage, long bean, onion, pork, prawn etc) was not salty and was good (P140). 1 glass of ice tea for P45 and 1 ripe mango shake for P60.

Gerry's grill had recently opened another new branch at North Wing of SM cebu city.

Favorite Dish: Each time we dined at Gerry's grill, we would order grilled pusit, scallop and ice tea without fail. They are simply delicious. The ice tea served here was so much different from the rest of the restaurant and they are really good.

Conching's Native Chicken:Try their native chicken

by sunshine_01 Updated Jan 1, 2008

Not exactly a very clean place with many houseflies hovering around but the food was good. There was a service guy that stood at our table chasing away the flies while we ate.

Compared to other grilled native chicken that we had tried, this native chicken was grilled just right with a tint of juiciness. The native chicken is a bit skinny and one can expect to finish the whole chicken by one person. If you have more than 2 person dining, you may want to consider ordering another chicken.

I tried kinalaw for the first time and it taste good with no fishy smell. Kinalaw is made from raw fish marinated in vinegar and coconut milk. Even though it is a raw fish, it does not have the translucent colour of a raw fish like sashimi. It is somewhat between fully opaque of a cooked fish and translucent apprearance of a sashimi. The fish texture is firm and yet it retains the softness of the raw fish. The vineger used is the cause for the change of texture, which makes it 'cooked'.

We ordered a meal of manok bisaya(P200), kinalaw(P50), mince pork stuffed in crabshell(P50), puso(P30 for 6pcs) and 2 soft drinks(P30) which cost around 360 peso.

Tong's Grill: Must try the cheap & good buffet

by sunshine_01 Updated Jan 1, 2008

We decided to check out Tong's grill according to a tip by given by 'sweet setiments'. We went to the restaurant about 8.30pm and it was packed with people. The price of the buffet dinner has increased to Php159/pax (exclude drinks). 1 ice-tea cost Php30 and 1 soft drink cost Php22.

It has a reasonable variety of food which includes: crispy fried spinach, lechon baboy(roast pig), baked tahong(mussels) with cheese, baked oysters with cheese, raw oysters, clams soup, deep fried chicken wrapped in pandan leaves, glutinous rice dessert etc. We noticed the size of the oyster meat was not big though.

We had nothing to complain, all the food are very good and at a very cheap price too. Thumbs up for Tong's grill.

Favorite Dish: Chicken wrapped in pandan leaves and deep fried. The chicken was infused with the aroma of the pandan leaves... Hmm.. Yummy.

Food court at Ayala Shopping Centre

by sunshine_01 Updated Jan 1, 2008

There are many food stalls located at 3rd level of Ayala Shopping Center (next to the cinema). One of our typical meal from the stalls include kinalaw, pochero, inihaw na pusit(grilled squid), lumpia(spring roll) and sticks of barbeque chicken. The food served at the food court taste average. However, if you want to grab a quick bite or try out many varieties of food at one location, then you may want to consider dining at the food court.

Kinalaw is a kind of raw fish marinated in vinegar with coconut milk. The texture of the raw fish in Kinalaw is different from what you would expect from sashimi. I guess this is a local version of 'sashimi' for the visayans.

La Tegola Cucina Italiana: Good Italian food

by sunshine_01 Updated Dec 31, 2007

Our cebuano friend recommended this Italian restaurant to us and it wasn't a disappointment. Nice and quiet ambience and good food at very reasonable price.

We were given a complementary plate of foccacia with tomato toppings for appetizer while we ordered our food.

On our first visit, we ordered Risoto Pescat (seafood with rice) - 280 peso, Linguine Vongole - 240 peso, 1 scoop of gelato - 40 peso for 2 person.

On subsequent vist, we ordered Linguine Prescator(seafood pasta) - 260 peso, Trancio Umido(fish) - 220 peso, tiramisu - 60 peso and another plate of foccacia with tomato - 60 peso (good for 2). We don't quite like the taste of fish in Trancio Umido, it has a weird fishy taste.

This Italian restaurant has other branches:
    1) La Tegola - Busay: Upper Busay, Cebu City, Tel: (032) 419 2220
    2) La Tegola - Mactan: Marina Mall Bldg., Ibo, Lapu Lapu City, Tel: (032) 340 9070
    3) IDEA Italia : Level 1, Paseo Marina, Ayala Center, Cebu City, Tel: (032) 232 4292

Favorite Dish: The Linguine Vongole is cooked just right and not soggy and pizza marinar (lots of toppings) are good. Another favourate dish is the baked rice with cheese covered in aluminium foil.

• Iluv2surf2's Profile Photo

Max's Chicken: Max's Chicken

by Iluv2surf2 Updated Apr 1, 2007

After arriving in Cebu and getting settled on out hotel we need to have dinner. She knew of a place that was close to this hotel called Max's Chicken.

We walked there from our hotel. The style of architecture and businesses around the hotel was very Western. I loved the look. It was intimate, clean and very inviting.

On our way to the hotel we saw a Pizza Hut. Evelyn had never experienced American pizza. I was suprised and disappointed they didn't have pepperoni there or ANYWHERE in the Philippines. I was able to convince Evelyn to try it. She did and she liked it!!!

More than she liked the pizza, I loved the chicken. Max's chicken is probably the best chicken I've ever had. Better, but different that the best I have ever had in the USA at a place called the Watts Restaurant in Utica, Ohio.

Favorite Dish: If you go to Cebu, eat at Max's because the food is extremely tasty, very affordable, and it has an upscale and casual athmosphere. Pizza Hut is Pizza Hut. if you ever get to Utica Ohio, the Watts Restaurant is a must stop.

If I ever go back to Cebu I plan to go there again. Davao had a location, but we learned it was closed when we were there.

Max's Chicken is the best I've ever had. I think you'll also enjoy it as much as I did!!!

• La Maison: best ribs

by gemi80 Written Mar 4, 2007

it's a restaurant for Class B crowd. they claim to be the house of best ribs, steak n seafood. and i agree with the best rib part..haven't tasted d rest. grilled rib good for 4-5 persons is priced at 450pesos..the taste is worth the price.

Favorite Dish: grill rib

• Business Travel

• STK ta BAI: sutukil in d heart of d city

by gemi80 Written Mar 4, 2007

sutukil stands for SUgba(grill), TUwa(ok i dunno d translation, it's a fish soup), KIlaw(raw)..seafood foodshop is usually located in LapuLapu City..but now,you could find one at the heart of Cebu City.

most dishes are generally priced around 70-90pesos.

Favorite Dish: squid with oyster sauce

• Sutokil (near mactan shrine): Fresh Seafood on Mactan Island

by dave1965 Written Oct 17, 2006

Superb Seafood Restaurants (approx 10). You order the seafood from each restaurants fresh seafood counter and then they cook it to your liking.

Favorite Dish: The calamares frittos are nothing but superb. Literally melt in your mouth.

• trans1ent's Profile Photo

Jollibee: The big bee!

by trans1ent Written Jun 21, 2006

Before migrating to Australia almost 20 yrs ago, this place was my favourite! It kicks ass to McDonalds...I reckon its the spaghetti! Of course ever since we left many things have changed, well menu wise anyways. They have a lot more variety....you'll see in the pics.

Good place to take the kids, they have a playground within the restaurant. Also good for b'day parties, my daughter saw Jollibee the mascot when we went there and wanted to join in, but as we weren't invited that was not to be.

Also its really cheap....I paid Php 750 for 8 people all of us having some sort of 'value meal' hence with drinks....in AU$19.25

Favorite Dish: Spaghetti, but I heard that their desserts are pretty good, wasn't able to taste as I was too focused on getting my spaghetti! A little bit sweet...yummy...try it, even just once.

• MOOON CAFE: best iced tea

by gemi80 Written May 19, 2006

they serve mexican foods..and also other usual dishes that locals eat..i wouldn't say Filipino dishes since u might expect the "adobo", "karekare", etc..usual dishes mean- pork belly, chicken, tuna belly- all dried with sauce.. prices range from P100-250 per dish..you should try their iced tea..

aside from their delicious servings, the ambience there is really cool, comfy...there are paintings on the wall, and other exhibits by some local artists...you may even linger in their comfort room since there's artist-y things/writings on its wall

it's a great place to hang out

Favorite Dish: pork belly is so sumptous...chimichangas will make u appreciate mexican foods...ΓΌ

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

Sinulog buffet dinner: 2006 Sinulog dinner show

by sfphototraveller Written Jan 14, 2006

Included with the Sinulog tour package was a dinnerbuffet heldoutside ayala mall.
    The MS.Cebu and Festival Queen and Cebu Mayor and others were sitting at next table to me. There was also a Dance team that performed.

The food was great I dont remember exaclty by name but was very tasty . I had seconds.

They also had a raffle and I won a P1000 lunch voucher thats around $ 20.

Favorite Dish: I love the sweet mango.

• Festivals

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Golden Cowrie: Seafood in a Native Hut

by yellowbell Updated Sep 6, 2005

Everyone who has come to Cebu, must have dined in Golden Cowrie. My friends based in Cebu, always suggest this place. The place is very native, in the sense that you eat in a hut-like restaurant with banana leaves as your plate. To complete the ambiance, you'll walk not on tiles or carpet but on soil. Wash your hands (before you savor those seafood) in a giant seashell fashioned into a sink .

Favorite Dish: Baked tahong (mussels)
    Taba ng talangka (small crabs)
    Bulalo for early death!

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

i call it the bbbque street: a dinner for Php11.00

by sweet_sentiments Written Mar 29, 2005

this strip opens only at night...... this is where i had my cheapest dinner....

Favorite Dish: pork/chicken bbque and puso (rice wrapped in pandan)

pork bbque for Php3.00 each and puso (rice wrapped in pandan) for Php1.00

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Slurp the baked tahong (mussels)!

by yellowbell Written Mar 8, 2005

Whenever I go to Cebu, I always dine at Cafe Laguna. It serves Filipino cuisine. The place is cozy with the traditional Filipino/Spanish home atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Crispy spinach and baked tahong (mussels with cheese toppings)

Province of Cebu Hotels

Agsungot Hotels
Punta Princesa Hotels
Parian Hotels

Instant Answers: Province of Cebu

Comments

Province of Cebu Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Province of Cebu restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Cebu sightseeing.
Map of Province of Cebu