Tourist Attractions in Province of Cebu

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Province of Cebu

• we2364's Profile Photo

Tricky taxi drivers

by we2364 Updated Oct 13, 2009

It is probably the same that taxi drivers try to rip you off by driving more distance around the city.

You should always pay attention to the mile meter. Some are probably recorded with extra miles before you getting on the taxi.

The chance you could be ripped off by a taxi driver is much higher than in Manila.

Unique Suggestions: 1. Pay attention to the mile meter when getting on the taxi. If the driver do something fraudulent, always tells them to start it again. Most of time, if you are giving enough warnings, they are corporate to do at your need.

2. I experienced a taxi driver whom tried to drive further distance. When I pointed out, he finally chosed a short cut and stopped at my destination. Politely, I told him he screwed up the miles and I would only pay him what he should be paid and I did not encounter any dispute from him.

3. After having enough experience with the tricky taxi drivers, finally I got a nice one by taking a short-cut for me. After getting into his taxi, I started to complain about how terrible I had the experience and bad impression with the taxi drivers here. This guy instantly expressed he was a good one (but I can feel if I don't give enough warnings, will he be another tricky one?). Finally he drove me to the destination by even taking a nice short-cut.

Sense of direction, politeness but braveness are all the weapons to deal with those drivers.

Province of Cebu Hotels

Agsungot Hotels
Punta Princesa Hotels
Parian Hotels

Instant Answers: Province of Cebu

Comments

Province of Cebu Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Province of Cebu tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Cebu sightseeing.
Map of Province of Cebu