Banaue What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Banaue

• shavy's Profile Photo

Raincoat.....fleece....and trekking shoe

by shavy Updated Jan 25, 2015

Luggage and bags: Backpack is a common thing for everybody many of travelers in the mountain province travel light except me, I can't carry a backpack due to my back problem. I traveled a medium size suitcase on wheel and never have problem with it.

A backpack would be appropriate, easy to take anywhere, especially if you are to stay in local home which no roads to get there by tricycle, and the only way by getting there is on foot. Be sure to have a small backpack, to put all the gear in it

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Visiting in rainy season be sure to have a hooded raincoat . We visited Banaue in December, we have rains a lot and the weather is chilly. Trekking shoe would be ideal, when its rain the walking path can be slippery, I didn't took my trekking shoe and only wearing a sneaker, I slip out a few times but not so badly as it might be

I've learned my lesson during this trip, I know I must take my trekking shoe every trip we have if planning to do some walking. Trekking shoes protect your feet from dirt, slip out and etc.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: It is not only in Ifugao province but all over Philippines, traveling around in the country, cleanliness, hygiene is very low especially in the public bathroom. Always carry a tissue and disinfection agent!!!, public bathroom here it doesn't look the way they are.

Medication in the Philippines is very effective, I can't complain. I've bought a medication which I forget to carry on from home, of course it is not the same, they gave me a different name of medicine and it was very good.

Bringing your own medicine is good, but if you forgot something even in small town has a pharmacy. Mosquito repellent is very important! bring one from home, their mosquito repellent here is not so good as one we have at home

Photo Equipment: The Ifugao area is very pretty especially Banaue. Banaue is one of the place in Philippines which has a very photogenic surrounding. For remembrance during your visit , bring some extra memory card. The area of rice terraces are so pretty, I can keep on clicking every corner, not realized I ran out with memory. If you have video recorder that is an extra handy equipment

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: No experience of camping in the mountain area, so I can't give advice on that.
    Beach, there is no in Ifugao montain province. Avery important outdoor gear is a small backpack!. This kind of bag is easy to carry where you can put all your stuff in it such as: camera, water, wallet etc.

Miscellaneous: Always careful of what to eat and drink, never drink water from tap, the locals in the mountain area are very generous and they like to entertain their visitors. They don't realize what visitor may expected, they'll offer a drink without know the risk that is impossible for the visitor to take it. If you don't know how to refused just take it, but is not mandatory to drink empty as long you have it in your hand

• Mountain Climbing
    • Hiking and Walking

• bungi333's Profile Photo

If you are the trekking kind...

by bungi333 Written Nov 14, 2008

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring comfortable shorts or capris. And proper trekking shoes.

Photo Equipment: It would be good if your camera had the option for getting panorama shots - where you can lay one picture next to the other and make it one huge shot... The terraces are awesome.

• nimato's Profile Photo

Your Usual Mountain Packing List..

by nimato Written Nov 21, 2006

Luggage and bags: The backpack is always the most reliable and convenient piece of portable storage when visiting mountainous regions like the Cordillera. A water-proof belt bag is also advisable so you can bring your essential stuffs like wallet and digicam any weather you go.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Clothing: It's a must to bring warm but light clothings in Banaue. Like Sagada, Banaue gets more chilly from December to February.

Shoes: Hiking shoes and sandals are all that you need.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Your muscles may need some pampering after the hikes, so bring in some muscle pain relievers.

Photo Equipment: Don't forget your DIGICAM and spare rechargeable batteries. Make sure your memory card has enough storage space as you would not want to miss many photo ops.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

• edachsund's Profile Photo

Day pack will do!

by edachsund Written Jun 1, 2006

Luggage and bags: As usual you will carry all your luggage or bagpack. But bare in mind that when you do want to go to Batad Village and dont have any intention to overnight there, so I would suggest you to bring only few tracking stuffs.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: No need any extra cloths unless if you want to have a swim in Tappa-ya waterfall with your t-shirt on.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: This is better to bring along. Incase of emergancy.

Photo Equipment: This is absolutely MUST bring.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: nahhh...

Miscellaneous: And I advice you to bring maybe few bottle of water since it would be double or triple up the price of the mineral water there. Unless if you dont mind spending money, it's alright.

tracking up this road. tracking down to Batad Village

Instant Answers: Banaue

Comments

Banaue What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Banaue what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Banaue sightseeing.