Banga-an Travel Guide

viewing the village
    by pres_16

Banga-an Things to Do

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

The Bangaan Church is a simple structure in the village. But it adds to the beauty of the area and I'm sure it serves it's purpose.

Bangaan Church

Banga-an Transportation

by herzog63 Written Dec 15, 2002

To get to Bangaan from Banaue you can hire a tricycle or your own jeepney but the way I went was by small bus. You get the local feel! You get to ride with chickens and goats too!! Anyways they were on my bus. I found some rice sacks to sit on that were more comfortable than the seats on this bumpy ride!

inside the bus!

by herzog63 Written Dec 12, 2002

The road to Bangaan is amazing! For me it was one of the most beautiful roads I've ever been on! You don't realize just how precarious you are until you arrive and start hiking up into the mountains and look down on the road that you came in on! The Bus driver will honk the horn as he goes into every turn. The road is very narrow.

Passage to Bangaan

• Banga-an Hotels

0 Hotels in Banga-an

Banga-an Local Customs

by herzog63 Written Dec 12, 2002

The newer homes are being built with concrete. But they are right next to the traditional homes built with wood and Cogon (Grass-Thatching)

Ifugao Houses

Banga-an Favorites

by herzog63 Updated Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: The Rice Terraces are very beautiful. I love the rich green colors! You could shoot rolls and rolls of film here in the valley. I didn't and I wished I did. You can find the paths between the rice terraces. I tried to stay on those so the farmers wouldn't get upset at me. When you are upclose you can see how much work goes into building,maintaining and plating!! Very hard work!!!

Rice Terrace
    • Hiking and Walking

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: From this view you can see back up the hill. It is a beautiful hike to get down here! I know I keep saying it's a beautiful hike but it was!!! I want to go back here someday and hike to other villages too!

Bangaan Village

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The valley is a fairly steep hike down from the road. But it is only a 15 - 30 minute hike. I though the valley was just beautiful! I enjoyed chatting with people along the way. It is a very untouristed area. At least I thought so. We never ran into any other foreigners on our hike.

Bangaan Valley

Instant Answers: Banga-an

Comments

Banga-an Travel Guide
Map of Banga-an