Pagudpud Restaurants

Our official seat at Restobar
    Dinner

Most Recent Restaurants in Pagudpud

• muhamadsinsuat's Profile Photo

evangeline restaurant: dont miss the good foods

by muhamadsinsuat Updated Dec 13, 2013

the restaurant is located beside the sea shore with very good view of west philippine sea

Favorite Dish: the best ilocano dishes called pinakbet is one of the best for vegetarian like me. these are the combinations of eggplant, okra, chilli with bagnet

• Adventure Travel

• mauiiperry's Profile Photo

Emohrou Beach Restobar: Bravo! Delicioso! :)

by mauiiperry Written May 22, 2012

This is my first time to visit Pagudpud and I wanna make my stay the most out of it. Well I guess, Emohrou Beach Restobar did made my vacation worth it for Pagudpud. We've checked in at Evangeline's Beach Resort, which Emohrou restobar is their beach restaurant. I love the style and ambiance of the place very relaxing and cozy. I love the set of furniture and the aesthetics of the bar. Ooooh the very special part The FOOD, Very delicioso! During lunch time, we've ordered Evangeline's plate (Grilled fish, Grilled pork and rice and sidings) Yum! For berkie, I ordered longgonisa and garlic rice! yummy berkie before our tour. Then we had our intimate dinner there, we had orange chicken, tenderloin and pancit canton, and like a cherry on top, hello Pagudpud sling, that really sling you down hahahah! Before we left the place, hello healthy lunch for us. Buffalo spicy chicken, Ensaladang talong and fish and chips (our favorite). To refresh our hot afternoon, we had Fresh buko juice. The service is really good, especially our official assistant there, Miss Nelly, sweetest girl in the restobar. Quality service indeed! Keep up the good work guys! :

Favorite Dish: Orange chicken, Indeed Amazing! I love how they marinated the chicken and the effect of the orange! Yum!

hello restobar :) Foood! Our official seat at Restobar Dinner staff
    • Women's Travel

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Emohruo Beach Restobar: We Ate All Of Our Meals Here!

by cyndymc Written Nov 6, 2011

While in Pagudpud in June 2011, we ate all of our meals at Emohruo Beach Restobar. The name is quite a tongue-twister but admittedly an interesting conversation piece. Emohruo is actually our home spelled backwards.

At Emohruo Beach Restobar, you can opt to eat al fresco or stay in a cozy place at the dining hall. It offers a wide range of dishes, from authentic Ilocano specialties to other Filipino and Asian dishes, and continental dishes as well.

We didn't bother to look for other restaurants because Emohruo is only walking distance to Rinnovati and we liked their food, their ambiance and their staff. Well, at times service was slow and the kitchen staff improvised on ingredients when we ate late at night, but overall, we liked it there ;)

Favorite Dish: I liked their Chopsuey (veggies weren't overcooked), Ilocos Bagnet (crispy on the outside but tender on the inside), Ham & Cheese with Mushroom Omelette, Pinakbet and Crispy Fried Chicken

My Fruit Platter For Breakfast Chopsuey Sinfully Delicious Bagnet Emohruo Beach Restobar Emohruo Beach Restobar

• Gunggoneer's Profile Photo

Polaris Beach Resort: Well Worth Your Money!

by Gunggoneer Written Apr 2, 2010

The restaurant on the ground level provides a homey and rustic feeling that one would enjoy while dining in beach resorts. Their menu covers most local Filipino delicacies, entres have generous servings well enough to be shared by 2-3 people. Given the serving sizes, the meals are reasonably priced, specially when dining in large groups. One can even go to the nearby market (just a short tricycle ride) to buy the day's catch of the local fishermen (fresh seafood! try the giant crabs!) and have it cooked by the resort's staff for a minimal fee.

Favorite Dish: The Grilled Squid is a must try, as well as the Pakbet Ilocano.

• ykm's Profile Photo

Kapuluan Vista Resort: When in Blue Lagoon, don't miss a lunch here

by ykm Written Jun 4, 2009

The food was some of the best you'll find in Pagudpud. Read through the blogs and tips on Pagudpud and it's clear that finding value-for-money meals is not as easy as it looks over here. A lot of the resorts have teeny tiny servings and they jack up the prices, particularly tourists' Ilocos favorites like Bagnet and Longganiza.

Kapuluan's menu has a nice variety to it, a grill section, Baja set meals and local favorites in really pleasing serving sizes. By no means are the prices cheap, but the size and taste of their dishes make them worth it. At another resort, I had a teeny tiny order of 3 pieces of bagnet served to me ... at P250! Kapuluan serves set meals so your bagnet comes with rice and a small serving of freshly-cut salad greens from their garden. Kapuluan's bagnet pieces were bigger, less tough, better presented and only cost about P300. If you need to order more, order an extra side-order without the rice and greens.

Favorite Dish: The BEST thing about the restaurant would have to be their margaritas. Oh so lovely and refreshing. .. I would come back just for the margarita. But they close early! 10:30pm and if you don't live here, it's not exactly the safest drive going back to Saud Beach... so take note of that and stay safe!

I really enjoyed their longganiza breakfasts, they only come with two pieces of longganiza but it's a set serving so the price includes rice and a drink and eggs served the way you like. We ordered a side-order of longganiza because 2 just wasn't enough : )

I would recommend the chicken Baja tortilla meals. They're perfect for teenagers with a hefty appetite and they're complete with grilled chicken, fresh veggies and baja spiced rice.

Special touch on every table Kapuluan mmmMargaritas Kapuluan grilled lobsters

• Papa Nards: Yummy Papa Nards

by nyxzane Written Feb 25, 2009

Favorite Dish: You cannot leave the place without tasting their Hi-bol, my most fave dish and their longganisa. But I highly reccomend Hi-bol, counterpart of Mami noodles (I'm not sure with the Mami) anyway, it has noodles, beef and some toppings.. Very tasty ading.. :)

• Polaris Resort in house restaurant: Do the marketing!!!

by florence888 Written May 30, 2008

We were limited to the restaurant in Polaris and the food was not that great and the serving size was just about average. Typical breakfast of longsilog is 120 pesos for just 2 small pieces of Ilocos longganiza. For lunch and dinner the average is about 200 pesos per viand (half order good for 2-3 persons but not enough for my growing boys). A cup of rice is 12 pesos and drinks around 30 pesos on the average. I was not satisfied with the food entries on the menu and found the price expensive for the serving size. I asked staff member Clara Alnas if I could just request her to do the marketing for us and ask the cook to prepare the food for us. She said this could be done for a fee (about 50 pesos labor cost per meal) which I found to be reasonable. So I planned our menu and asked Clara to market for us. Seafood like shrimp, shellfish and squid was hard to come by when we were there so we had Bagnet, fish and veggies. We really saved a lot by doing this plus we were able to eat to our hearts' content. You can order lobster if it's in season, I heard the price is reasonable. You can also order authentic Ilocos longganiza from Clara.

• chefjocen's Profile Photo

Saud Beach Resort: Weekend Buffet

by chefjocen Written Apr 15, 2008

After walking on the beach, we passed by Saud Beach Resort. Lunch left me hungry and wanting for quick service so I was kinda looking for a cheap buffet service dinner like the ones I enjoy in Boracay. Thank Gawd that it was a long busy weekend and Saud Beach Resort had prepared a buffet dinner.
    For P200 per person, we had steamed fish, calamares, steamed rice, mixed vegies and fish head sinigang soup. This was good enough considering we had a P300 per person lunch that I wasnt really happy about. Unfortunately, they only have this on weekends when they're pretty busy. You just have to check with the kitchen that they'll have enough food. We barely made it to the buffet ( we had to go back to our hotel to freshen up and get money).

• chefjocen's Profile Photo

JC Cottages: Check the servings!

by chefjocen Written Apr 8, 2008

Like most restaurants in Pagudpud, they would say that the food is good for 2 to 3 persons. If they EAT LIKE BIRDS!!!! (the small birds, not the vultures, ok!)

First time we tried the resto, we got the bulanglang (soupy dish of mixed vegies with fried fish) and the Dinakdakan (local pork dish). For P110, the bulanglang was worth it; enjoyed this dish. For P175, the Dinakdakan was a RIP-OFF!!!! I kinda calculated it at P25 per spoonful of meat!

And you should be patient enough to wait for them to serve your meals. We waited for 30minutes. Well, they did warn us about it.

And yeah, order your rice per cup. We ordered the small plate (good for 3 persons daw) of rice for P70 rather than 3 cups at P20 each cup. Major mistake!!

• La Helen Restaurant at Apo Idon Beach Hotel: Classy Beach Resto in Pagudpud!

by rauljoaquin2800 Written Jan 10, 2008

La Helen is the best restaurant in Pagudpud. Classy and tastefully designed, the vibes and ambience is superb. At the time we were there last Dec, there's a lot of upgrades and improvement in their kitchen being done, so I would excuse them for the about "30-minutes service." Besides, many of other resorts' guests are dining with them. The about 100-seats in their dining area are almost always full at the time we were there. The food is good. Service satisfactory too.

High expectations on this resto though, so they have to move fast on their upgrades, and consistent on their good service. Especially there's a malicious competition against them. They just have to make their service impeccable in this regard.

Favorite Dish: Iloco and Filipino dishes, especially bagnet, insarabasab, crispy pata. Breakfast is satisfactory, also with their fruit shakes. They said they are also going to upgrade menu by mid Feb in concordance with their physical upgrades in their kitchen and dining area. Making better a job well done. Wish you all the best!

• La Helen Restaurant at Apo Idon Beach Hotel: Good food, good ambience

by rosecele Updated Aug 24, 2007

Good food. Good ambience. Even good music. (quoted from Apo Idon Beach Hotel brochure, and it is true!). As their hotel is one of the best places if not the best in Pagudpud, they can be the best resto in the area if they can remain consistent. Resto facilities are great! Food service is good, but with our 3-day stay there, they just have to keep up with the influx of diners during peak days. It is understandable though that a bottleneck of service happens during peak days coz the place as we've observed is where other guests from other resorts dine, and food is freshly cooked. However, consistently good service has to keep up with their very good facilities.

Favorite Dish: Ilocano dishes like bagnet, pinakbet, insarabasab, etc. are very good. They also serve very good spaghetti in tomato sauce and spaghetti in pesto sauce. Filling breakfast with wide selection. Don't miss their watermelon juice and buko shake!

• moymoydtraveller's Profile Photo

POLARIS Beach House: Best Price Best Food

by moymoydtraveller Written May 5, 2007

The place was clean you can actually buy at the market then ask them to cook it for you the way you want to just like "Dampa". They have big servings usually good for 2-3 person per dish.

Favorite Dish: Chopsuey very tasty! and Tapsilog

• jejoe's Profile Photo

la helen, apo idon: la helene, apo idon: form over content

by jejoe Written Dec 31, 2006

La Helene, looks very elegant. The music is bossanova, perfect for dining night out in front of the cold december waters of Bangui bay in Pagudpud.

But that is where the praises end.

Unfortunately, the food (which is the main reason for eating out) missed out on the most important part. The sinigang na isda used hot water for the knorr seasoning, but forgot to heat the whole dish itself, resulting to an over salty dish. The eggplant salad with bagoong, is not at all that salty. Iced tea tastes like five tablespoons have been added to a small glass.

And when we tried to tell the waitress about our situation, we got a smart aleck reply: "mas mabuti nga yung matabang ser, at least maalatan pa" (its better to get a bland dish, as it would be easier to make it saltier).

the nerve!

and did I mention that we have to wait for 30 - 45 mins for the food to arrive?

• Diving and Snorkeling

• mrs.B's Profile Photo

the best "panciteria" in pagudpud

by mrs.B Written Nov 5, 2006

this eatery (which name i forgot, sorry guys!) was recommended by our guide, Kuya Vincent. It specializes on noodles -- guisado (sauteed) or with soup. We had our meal right after we have toured pagudpud and the food..... superb and very affordable!!! The place looks like your regular carinderia but with of course the barrio-feel on its interior and much cleaner than those found in M.M. (based on my standards!).We have wanted to eat there the next day but was not able to because we left pagudpud very early.

Favorite Dish: The house specialty is "miki special"--think of palabok without the sauce,but with steaming soup instead...different,interesting but verrrry yummy!....made my hungry tummy satified and happy =). A bowl costs less than 50php (sorry again, i cant remember the exact price!).

• malangi's Profile Photo

Papa Nards Restaurant: Affordable Meals in Town

by malangi Updated May 21, 2006

A simple diner serving local ilocano and Filipino food

Favorite Dish: eat local viands like igado (yummy) at affordable prices P 50.00/viand.. you can also request them to deliver food at your resort to save money...since most resort food prices are expensive

Instant Answers: Pagudpud

Comments

Pagudpud Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pagudpud restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pagudpud sightseeing.