Vigan Tourist Traps

• Tourist Traps
    Tricycle drivers

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Vigan

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Taking the tricycle (motorcycle with a cab)

by joiwatani Updated Dec 6, 2011

This happened to me many times. Before getting into the tricycle, I asked the driver first how much it cost me to be transported from one particular place to another. Of course, I already know that the local tricycle fare was P9.00 (2010 rate). By the time, I get out from the tricycle and give P50.00 the tricycle driver refuses to give me my change. The driver says: "I don't have a change, Ma'am" or something like, "Christmas mo na lang, Ma'am (Your Christmas gift, Ma'am).

Unique Suggestions: Before you get in to the tricycle, ask clearly how much is the fare. Then when you pay, you pay the exact change and leave! That way, you save yourself from the pain of asking your change back!

Tricycle drivers The line of tricycles in Vigan Tricylces are everywhere in the country Tricycles in Southern Luzon

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Buying reproduction as opposed to "antiques"

by joiwatani Written Sep 11, 2010

You probably know that most of the stuffs being sold in Vigan nowadays are reproduction. If the seller tells you that it is an "antique" , make sure that you investigate carefully. Most of the antiques now are gone- sold a long time ago...Those products now are called reproductions! The woods were smoked to look like they are antiques. So, don't be paying a hefty sum if you are buying a fake antique!

Unique Suggestions: Make sure to investigate and verify before you buy!

• yuet29's Profile Photo

Vigan Hotel

by yuet29 Written Dec 12, 2008

Oh this is an awful place, so I will put it again in the tourist trap.
    Vigan Hotel charge 795 per room, with TV, shared bathroom and including breakfast.

Me and a german girl happened to meet at Vigan bus station in the middle of the night and we decided to share room since the room in town is too expensive considering our budget. I heard of Grandpa's Inn and she has an LP recommending Vigan Hotel, so we get a tricycle for 40P and checkout Grandpa's Inn first. Grandpa's Inn is 730P per room, which is unexpectedly beyond our budget, so we decided to check out the Vigan Hotel, and it turned out to be 795P, which is more expensive than the Granpa's Inn. But since it was late at the night, 2:30am, we decided to stay for a night there. The room is a bit old, with a basin inside, an old-aircon with heavy sound, do not worth the price at all. We are too tired so we went ahead to sleep.

I wake up early next morning and the room boy was on his way delivering breakfast to our room, there isn't a restaurant or dining place for your breakfast, you gotta eat it in your room and the room make you lost the appetite. I went out for a cup of coffee (they have free flow of coffee) and met the owner of Vigan Hotel, he gave me 2 T-shirts (one for me and another for the German), the T-shirt is promoting the hotel.

I came back in the evening around 5:30pm, the German left and paid 400P. I went back the room and found that she did not take her breakfast and the T-shirt was threw on the floor with some trashes around. So I went to the receptionist and ask if they can help me clear the dirty thing in the room.

The room boy asked: so you are going to stay for another night?
    I was shocked, I will stay only 1 night.
    But you checked in early in the morning and the checkout time is 12 noon, the boy explain.
    Oh yea but I checked-in at 2:30am and you expect me to pay full price and check out at 12noon, which is not even 12 hours stay?

I tried to recall any similar experience and from my past experience you can checkout anytime if they have vacant room and the room last until the next day. After some argument, they agree that if I move out now I shall only pay for a night stay and not two. So I leave Vigan at 6:30pm after a shower, which the day is late enough leaving me not much choice for any location nearby but to go back to Manila.

Unique Suggestions: Dont stay here at all

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

Crisologo Museum

by bike_packer Updated Jan 8, 2007

Unless you were born on or before the 60's, you won't appreciate what this Museum has to offer. Mostly pictures and news clippings of the undertakings or exploits of this once-powerful Ilocos political family. The memorabillas seem to have gathered enough dusts and not well-preserved.

Unique Suggestions: none

Fun Alternatives: Try the National Museum instead and/or check the antique shops along Crisologo St.

Instant Answers: Vigan

Comments

Vigan Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Vigan tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vigan sightseeing.