Places to eat in Province of Iloilo

Most Viewed Restaurants in Province of Iloilo

Doming's Talabahan and Seafood: Preferred than of Allan's

by jayjayc Updated Jun 20, 2013

-The restaurant is in Miag-ao Town, approx 10 minute tricycle ride to the famous Miag-ao Church
    -Better ambiance, location, price and waiting time than of Allan's although most people here in VT like Allan's more
    -Doming's Talabahan is similar to Allan's Talabahan in Oton Town in terms of what to offer
    -Only difference is Doming's stands very near the sea shore
    -They only cook when you order (like Allan's) but competitively cheaper
    -Quite far from Iloilo City, though (around 1 1/2 to 2 hour jeepney ride)
    -If you are planning to go straight to Miag-oa from Iloilo City and cannot visit Allan's for lunch or dinner, eat at Doming's in Miag-ao, instead

-If you will eat @ Doming's first before going straight to Miag-ao town proper (to see the Church), just hail a tricycle on the main road outside Doming's
    -No need to take another jeepney ride to the Church from Doming's since it will just take approx 8-10 minutes to reach the church via a tricycle
    -Php10/pax for the tricycle ride (Year 2011)

Favorite Dish: -Grilled TUNA.. SUSMARYOSEP! NAPAKA SARAP
    -Sobrang laki sa Php50, with toyo and calamansi

Allan's Talabahan: Fresh Seafood

by jayjayc Updated Apr 20, 2013

-The restaurant is located in Oton Town
    -Approx 20-minute jeepney ride from Molo in Iloilo City
    -Jeepney bound for Oton is beside Molo Supermarket
    -Orders took too long to be served though it was worth the wait
    -Very cheap but tasty and fresh
    -Paid for a sum of Php 200 for baked talaba, stuffed grilled squid (lucas on the receipt) and 2 cups of rice

Favorite Dish: -Baked Talaba

• asiantraveler's Profile Photo

Ted's Batchoy: a nice treat...

by asiantraveler Written Mar 9, 2012

started in iloilo Ted's Batchoy is serving Batchoy since 1945 ...Batchoy is the popular noodle dish in iloilo ...its deliciously good ...now they have many branches ...a must try dish ...its cheap, simple but oh soooo good.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Luna's Arrozcaldo: Don't miss the Arroz Caldo!

by theguardianangel Written Mar 7, 2012

After wandering the vicinity of Smallville, we decided to eat the famous Arroz Caldo of Luna’s. This small eatery opens 24hrs a day. I never thought that this place runs for so long as it was established since 1967! (I wasn’t ever born yet!)

You can choose what chicken part you wish to eat with the Arroz Caldo and it would be tastier if you add it with boiled egg. The food is affordable ranging 40-55Php.

Favorite Dish: Arroz Caldo's the best!

• Festivals

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Buto't Balat: One of the best in town!

by theguardianangel Written Mar 2, 2012

Buto't Balat Restaurant is just located a few blocks away from the hotel where we stay.

When I saw the name of the restaurant, I liked it! haha! Buto't Balat in Tagalog means "bone and skin" and I don't know but I really find the restaurant's name sO unique! I dunno... I just find it that way!

Anyway, we had our 2nd dinner by this time.. and again, we ate different kinds of seafood, our favorite- "inihaw na magat" (grilled snapper), fried eggplant, sinangag (fried rice), and I can't remember the others.. haha, maybe due to stress in eating a lot!

The place is very nice with its landscapes welcoming you as you enter the restaurant and find your table to dine. I like the pond in the entrance with the gold fishes that seem like just having their own party, haha! The bar has its own place separated in the restaurant. It's one of the best places for families/friends to bond.

The restaurant serves local cuisine like the fried talong, "inihaw na magat", "binagoongan", etc. Also, when they serve buko juice, the whole coconut fruit is given with inserted spoon on it. The spoon's used for the coconut meat. Foods are affordable since we ordered a lot and paid a total amount of 1600Php .. again. Guess... it's our lucky number... haha!

Favorite Dish: my favorite dish is the inihaw na magat which is very tasty!

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Appetite Restaurant: Must try Prutas Burachas & Adobo Pizza!

by theguardianangel Written Feb 29, 2012

Okay! The night’s still long, so after the dinner in the Breakthrough restaurant, we went to the Appetite Restaurant for dessert! Gwad! I believe that my stomach worked all day!
    We finished our dinner at 7pm so we proceeded to the Appetite Restaurant which is just near our hotel.

The Appetite restaurant serves Filipino cuisine, pastries, pizza, pasta and cakes and located along with the other restaurants in Iloilo.

Favorite Dish: We had this Prutas Burachas, which is very, very delicious! Hahaha! OMG! I really can’t help myself not to eat since occasions like this only happens once! So I tried my best to eat as much as I can! The Prutas Burachas is composed of bananas and round slices of pineapples with syrup topped with cherry. It really tasted soOo good!

Another thing really surprised me was their Chicken Adobo Pizza! This was my first time to ever encounter a Filipino Pizza! And take note, “ADOBO”! The pizza is literally topped with chicken cooked as adobo and green bell peppers! It’s really, really good! No! I’m not overreacting! Haha! But that’s because aside from being a coffee lover, I’m a pizza lover too! My stomach’s about to explode at that moment but I really did my best to eat 2 slices of the pizza!

Oh God! I really can't digest anymore for the 2nd pizza that I just cried! amffff!!!!
    Now, I can say, I really had enough food for the day!

One of our superiors knew the owner of the restaurant that I believe we had our desserts and pizza for free! But I believe that the prutas burachas costs only around 65Php while the pizza is less than 200php.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Breakthrough Restaurant: Don't miss the seafood!

by theguardianangel Written Feb 29, 2012

Since we just can’t get enough of seafoods, we had our 1st dinner in Iloilo in the Breakthrough Restaurant… yes! Another Breakthrough and seafood restaurant!

Gawd! I still can’t breath after the lunch we had in Plazuela de Iloilo on that same day!

The Breakthrough restaurant is located along the beach, overlooking the Guimaras Island. I believe watching the sunrise or the sunset while dining in this lovely place is an awesome experience! The place is big and well ventilated. On the lower part, there are these statues of women, children, men that seems like they’re having fun.

You can select the fresh crabs you wish to eat in a small pool. You just have to point it to one of the restaurant staffs and tell how it will be cooked. There are a lot of seafood dishes to choose from- prawns, squid, fish, etc. and also grilled pork, lechon and fruits are ready to be served. If you’re thinking of alcohol stuffs, yes, they also serve beers.

Another cute thing about the place was their faucet and sink. They have the traditional jar which served as their faucet and the sink, both made up of clay. Seafood restaurants in the provinces are very affordable. We ordered various seafood dishes- rice, sizzling crab meat, shrimps, stuffed squids, green mangoes w/ bagoong (fermented fish sauce),steamed crabs, 4 plates of clams w/ drinks and we paid only around 1600Php! Same amount we had in Ponsyon in plazuela. Breakthrough restaurant’s definitely offers a very reasonable price for people in large groups and family gatherings.

Favorite Dish: I love the squid and the shrimp! Their squid’s stuffed with chopped tomatoes, onions and ground meat making it very tasty!

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Ponsyon by Breakthrough: Don't ever miss "Inihaw na Magat"!

by theguardianangel Written Feb 29, 2012

We had our 1st lunch in Ponsyon by Breakthrough Restaurant just located within the Plazuela de Iloilo. The restaurant’s well lighted and airconditioned which makes it very comfortable to eat; plus the fact that it’s found near the SM shopping mall and the busy strip of Plazuela that makes it more accessible.

Honestly, my first impression was that it’s a posh restaurant like just having a fine dining style… until… the foods were served! You can’t resist touching the seafoods by your bare hands! Haha! The foods are affordable especially if you’re on a group. I believe that the foods are affordable since we ordered 6 dishes, rice, 3 buko juices, 2 shakes, 1 softdrink and we only paid a total amount of around 1,600Php! Another thing that I find more interesting are the dishes! The foods are genuine and incredibly delicious! Various dishes are also served not only seafoods, theer are also grilled pork. chicken and the country's famous lechon as well.

I'm fascinated also about their "Buko" (coconut) Juice! The coconut's juice and meat are placed in a big, big glass like a pitcher. You just have to add syrup as a sweetener and stir it in that pitcher-like glass then drink from it! haha! Really, simple things like these that are new to me make me in high spirits!

Favorite Dish: I love the “Inihaw na Magat” or the grilled snapper! it’s very tasty! I can’t help myself to have more and kept saying “Sarap!” or delicious! It’s very juicy and the fish meat’s something very odd to my taste buds! I dunno but it’s really, really the best fish I’ve ever tasted in my entire life! You might think that I’m exaggerating, but let’s wait until you try it! I bet you’ll even make a somersault, haha! (kidding)

Buto't Balat Restaurant: Sizzling Seafood

by jayjayc Updated Feb 18, 2012

-The restaurant has 3 branches all over Iloilo City
    -The one closest from One Lourdes Dormitel is in Solis Street
    -Great ambiance, very cozy, dimmed by candle lights
    -Set up is close to fine dining
    -Man-made pond is in the middle area of the restaurant
    -Great food at reasonable price
    -Opens at 10am and last order at 10.30pm
    -The restaurant accepts card payments

Favorite Dish: -Seafood platter with rice
    -Avocado shake
    -All for Php200 (Year 2011)

Ted's La Paz Batchoy: Extra Super Batchoy

by jayjayc Updated Dec 31, 2011

-Akala ko hindi masarap kaya last day nako kumain sa Ted's
    -Takte, nakapa sarap pala, dami branches all over Iloilo at balita ko meron d2 sa SM City North Edsa
    -Special batchoy, a drink and 2 plastics of puto for Php126.

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Tatoy's Manokan (Chicken) and Seafood House: Waterfront Dining

by yellowbell Updated May 17, 2007

Tatoy's is a hole in the wall eatery with a view of the sea. You have two dining options namely in waterfront bamboo huts or by the roadside. No A/C in both dining options and expect to sit on bamboo benches and tables.

We ordered the following:

Grilled catfish to be eaten with Lato (seaweed mixed with vinegar, tomatoes and onions), Chopsuey (stir fried mixed vegetables) and chicken inasal (grilled with spices). The chicken was so tough and skinny.

The cab driver and the tourist guide tried oysters in vinegar.

Food has to be heated to improve the taste. I know that soil as ground adds to that rustic appeal but a gecko creeping into the bamboo table is not my idea of an enjoyable dining experience!

Favorite Dish: We paid a thousand for what we ordered so maybe we've been duped or the tourist guide got his commission for bringing us there. Well, they should have a menu with price list next time.

• BBPing's Profile Photo

Tatoy's: Best Inihaw Chicken in the LAND!

by BBPing Written Mar 27, 2005

For authentic BBQ chicken---ilonngo style, you need to go near the pier to Tatoy's Grill and restuarant.

They use native chickens and marinade & grill them with their family secrets...

"legend" has it that the giant baliti tree in the middle of the restaurant houses the benevolent spirit who has helped the family grow into the conglomerate that it now is.

Favorite Dish: ORiginal nataive inihaw chicken

1 Review - 4 Photos
Puerto Princesa Hotels
Pasig Hotels

Instant Answers: Province of Iloilo

Comments

Province of Iloilo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Province of Iloilo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Iloilo sightseeing.
Map of Province of Iloilo